California Grill

DisneyDetective

DIS Veteran
I want to treat my parents to the California Grill especially as it's just had a refurb and we've never been. We love the wave and wanted to know is it quite 'posh' and what's the dress code as were not into dressing up ie suits. :goodvibes

You don't need suits. There are a few prohibited items of clothing (swimwear, torn clothing, tank tops (men), hats (men), "offensive" tee shirts).

Recommended for men are something like dress shorts or khakis with a polo shirt or button down. Women, capris or slacks with a blouse/top or a dress/sundress is fine. although they will not kick you out if you show up in jeans and tee shirts.

Yeah, I agree, Nala, although it's nice to dress smart for an occasion as impressive as the CG! - Dress the part; feel the part :thumbsup2

Best restaurant in DW in my opinion!!!

The Signature Restaurants, like California Grill, have a suggested dress code, but it's loosely enforced. As long as you're not wearing something from the prohibited list you'll be fine. We've seen apparel from t-shirts and park attire to suits and formals, but most people are more likely to be wearing something along the lines of the recommended suggestions.

Here's a recent thread about the dress code at the Californa Grill:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3173444

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter