california grill

Robbya

Mouseketeer
Alright so i hear that u do not have to have reservations or have eaten at the california grill to watch the fireworks from there....is this true because it sounds like it would be a mad house if that were the case. could someone please give a rundown about how all of this works. also how hard it would be to get reservations

Alright so i hear that u do not have to have reservations or have eaten at the california grill to watch the fireworks from there....is this true because it sounds like it would be a mad house if that were the case. could someone please give a rundown about how all of this works. also how hard it would be to get reservations

When DW and I ate there I don't think that you had to prove that you had a reservation to get on the elevator to go to the floor that had the restaurant. They do have a bar up there anyway so all you would have to do is say you would like to have a drink. It does get a little crowded during the fireworks. They have a balcony and they dim the lights during the show.

What time of year are you going? We made the reservation well in advance and had no problem getting a table. I think it was an early Nov trip when we ate there.

This is true, though you have to check in, and if they don't have room up there for you, they won't let you up. In other words, you have to risk the possibility of being shut out. If you get denied, please don't lose your head. As we waited for a reserved table in November, we saw several people turned away, and a few of them were really carrying on. I guess they don't have fire codes in their part of the world....:rotfl2:
However, we went there late one night later in the trip, were allowed up immediately, and caught the special Christmas Party Wishes before having wine and sushi in the lounge. I actually preferred being in the lounge to having a reserved table.....:goodvibes
As for reservations, get them as soon as possible. It's quite popular, particularly for times that are close to the fireworks.

Im going mid june round the 10th or so...i really wanna see this amazing experience

We just ate there last week on Christmas Day! Holiday Wishes were spectacular!

robbya: If you know on what date you want to eat there, make reservations as soon as you are allowed. Otherwise as N10CJT says, you may find yourself NOT let in.

we ate there a few weeks ago and I didnt really enjoy it....I guess the fireworks were ok but you can see them just as good at the poly beach and dinner at kona or ohana is far better if you ask me...:thumbsup2

I would guess that your chances of getting up the elevator are very slim if you don't have a reservation. I have gone in some pretty slow times and CG is always packed.

Just make a reservations if you can as soon as you know the dates like Uncleremus said.

B.

Incase they don't let you up don't forget you can also watch the fireworks from the 4th floor observation deck, which is located behind the Fantasia and Sundries store.

I think I've gotten my ADR set up so we'll just be finishing as the fireworks start. I love the different perspective.

we ate there a few weeks ago and I didnt really enjoy it....I guess the fireworks were ok but you can see them just as good at the poly beach and dinner at kona or ohana is far better if you ask me...:thumbsup2

I'm with you, meal wise. We found it far overrated. I had the filet and also had it at LeCellier and it was way better. DH had the salmon and also had it at Akerhaus and thought it was much better there. The view was beautiful and I am glad we went once, but have no desire to go again. We had so many much better meals.

We ate there this past Nov. I thought the food was good but the atmosphere is amazing. Just a pure dining experience. Our waiter was awesome, didn't rush us we had a nice leisurely dinner then the fireworks. Although we also had dinner at Narcoossee and the fireworks are fantastic from there but I think the food was comparable.

I keep going back and fourth about eating there Is it really worth the price?,I do not mind paying but I like to I at least got my moneys worth(Disney comparble) after eating.Now Its only me and my 15yo DS,I do not drink because I see that they have a lot of wine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter