California Grill vs. Flying Fish

They are both great, but I prefer FF. I like the food and the ambience just a little better than at CG. I also like the fact that people at FF don't linger over their meals for an hour or more just so they can see some fireworks.

We used to say FF without a doubt..but our last few visits to CG have been outstanding..so either these days for us would be an outstanding choice.

Just would depend where we are and what we are doing..as to where we would eat at.

California Grill. I really think the FF is over rated considering the cost.

If you have a car I'd consider going offsight. Resturant row on Sand Lake Road has some great venues.

Either CG or FF would be a great choice, but I would pick FF.

That's really a very tough choice, the food is excellent at both. I'd check out the menus and see what looks the best to you! You'll be happy with either one.:thumbsup2

California Grill. I really think the FF is over rated considering the cost.

If you have a car I'd consider going offsight. Resturant row on Sand Lake Road has some great venues.

(Especially) given the reviews on this thread thus far I REALLY think you should cite some examples of why FF is "overated" aside from cost (which is on an equal par with all the other WDW Signature restaurants).:confused3

IMO, FF has been far and away the best restaurant over the years. We had some problems after Chef Jens left (a couple of years ago) but they have rebounded.:thumbsup2

Restauant row does have nice choices (Ruths' Chris and Capital Grill to name a couple) but oh the traffic!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Ruths' Chris but that congestion isn't worth it.:scared1:
pirate:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Ruths' Chris but that congestion isn't worth it.:scared1:
pirate:

OMG! I LOVE Ruths' too! I've never been served a bad steak there! And the Mississippi Mud Pie.... :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:.

TO the OP -- I've never been to FF, as DBF isn't a seafood lover. But CG is fantastic. I've never had a bad meal and the service is outstanding. And if you end up doing FF, you should go up to CG anyway. If they are not over crowded, you can ask at the check in desk if you can go upstairs for a drink. We have done this many times and we order some sushi and a glass of wine at the bar. It's a way to eat some of their great food and take in the atmosphere without sitting for another full meal (or paying the price for one ;) ).

Have fun!

Thanks for the help...I'm really torn about choosing. I'm leaning towards the Flying Fish because I love the excitement of the Boardwalk. Decisions, decisions...what to do?:goodvibes

CG by a wide margin. FF is a good restaurant. CG is a magical experience.

From reading the menues it looks like FF has more seafood offerings than CG? This is a hard decision...maybe I'll do both. lol;)

Can't coment on FF as we have never been but we just had an outstanding experience all around at CG on 8/25.

Absolutely no question here. California Grill all the way. Food, view and service. The best.

I have never eaten at FF, but have dined at CG 5 times. So far each experience has been a 10 on a scale of 1 -10. It is by far by favorite restaurant at WDW and only Napa Rose at DL comes close.

It's interesting to see the variety of opinions on this thread.

For me, FF is the winner, hands down. The food is unbelievable. I'm a foodie, and I'd have to say that two of the best meals I've ever had in my LIFE were at FF. Service is going to vary by server at either restaurant, obviously, but the service at FF is impecable.

I'm not so impressed with CG. Yes, the view's fantastic, and watching Wishes from the top of the Contemporary is magical. But the food and service, imo, was only good. In fact, I'd have to put the service down as fair. As I said earlier, service will vary by server and by night, so I don't assume it's that way all the time, but on our last visit we waited 20 minutes for water. We saw our server maybe 5 times throughout the evening -- she wasn't available to check on us, to refill drinks, etc. The entrees were good, but not exceptional (I don't remember what we ordered), and the dessert selection was abysmal. And disappointing when we got what we ordered.

I don't even have to think about it -- FF is a must-do, and CG is probably never going to happen again.

Wow, I'm getting a wide margin of tastes and opinions....this is the hardest meal decision that I've ever made.lol. Keep them coming and I'll tally them up at the end and see who wins....I may end up eating at both restaurants. How are they set up for solo diners? I really don't want to sit at the bar and eat, so I'm wondering how each restaurant seat solo diners?:confused:

Can't coment on FF as we have never been but we just had an outstanding experience all around at CG on 8/25.

It's interesting to see the variety of opinions on this thread.

For me, FF is the winner, hands down. The food is unbelievable. I'm a foodie, and I'd have to say that two of the best meals I've ever had in my LIFE were at FF. Service is going to vary by server at either restaurant, obviously, but the service at FF is impecable.

I'm not so impressed with CG. Yes, the view's fantastic, and watching Wishes from the top of the Contemporary is magical. But the food and service, imo, was only good. In fact, I'd have to put the service down as fair. As I said earlier, service will vary by server and by night, so I don't assume it's that way all the time, but on our last visit we waited 20 minutes for water. We saw our server maybe 5 times throughout the evening -- she wasn't available to check on us, to refill drinks, etc. The entrees were good, but not exceptional (I don't remember what we ordered), and the dessert selection was abysmal. And disappointing when we got what we ordered.

I don't even have to think about it -- FF is a must-do, and CG is probably never going to happen again.

I totally agree, don't need to add any further comments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter