California Grill - Vote Here

California Grill - Rated

• Excellent - Would Recommend it to others.

• Good - I would consider going back again.

• Average - Not anything to tell the neighgbors about.

• Poor - I wouldn't take my dog to eat there.

Results are only viewable after voting.

rer1972

DIS Veteran
I have trouble sorting through all the reviews and opinions on restaurants at WDW. I thought everyone could vote for individual restaurants, and post reasons why they did or didn't like it. We'll see how this works.:thumbsup2

Date: November 2004
Meal: Triple Cheese Brick Oven Fired Flatbread, Oak-fired Beef Filet, Rasberries Chocolate and Rasberries, Diet Coke
Service: 1st Class Waiter
Overall: Really enjoyed the meal, the waiter was great, and the views were really nice. When the fireworks were about to start the waiter asked if we wanted to out onto the balcony to get a better view. It was fantastic and the music was coming in through the speakers on the balcony.

The California Grill is a tradition for my husband and I. We LOVE it and have zero complaints.

This is our second favorite restaurant but very close to first. (Jiko's is first.) We love CG and eat there once on every trip to WDW. The filet mignon is excellent as are the flatbread appetizers and the green goddess salad (had a different one but similar the last time we were there in March.)

My family loves the California Grill. There is nothing like a great meal and watching the fireworks from your table at the top of the CR.

I will be going to the California Grill a week from Sunday! :banana: :banana: It might be my favorite restaurant in the World...and not Just Disney World.

The food is delicious, and we were particularly impressed with the fact that the chefs will make a special vegitarian plate if requested...it's all stuff that the chefs just invent on the spot, not on the menu. It was the first time DSis liked tofu! Great food, and beautiful view. I tell people to go all the time.

By far my DH and my favorite restaurant of all time!! The food is amazing, the fireworks are awesome, the atmosphere is great, and you just can't beat the view!

Oh, I'm so happy to hear all the great reviews. My DH and I are going to be eating there for the first time on our anniversary. So looking forward to it.

Oh, I'm so happy to hear all the great reviews. My DH and I are going to be eating there for the first time on our anniversary. So looking forward to it.

You are going to have such an amazing time... DBF and I are so jealous! We wish we could eat there all the time!

Do it again: Yes- and continue our pattern of early dining.
Also worth noting: Ron S, our server from 2003, is still there. We plan to request either of them when visiting CG again.

We go for the food, service, and sunsets. As opposed to the fireworks. We're early eaters. When on long drives, we often discuss the best service we've ever had. Ron S, from 2003, is on the medals stand every time. Rabbit flatbread, Ca Dungeness Crab Roll, Filet to die for, and the Pork Loin filet. Our server last fall wasn't Ron, but was there when we needed him, responsive (not that we had many needs), and efficient. This restaurant is on our must do every trip that's not a 1-night WDW visit.

I can't vote on this one as I didn't eat here. Just wanted to say that your polls are a great idea!

We recently had dinner here and the food and service were excellent. We had a 9:20 ADR and they were busy, but we were seated by around 9:35, in an excellent seat along the windows. The observation deck outside is almost worth the price of the dinner, and is a great place for the show. Inside is nice as well, but there is a bit of glare from the windows and some noise. Overall an excellent dinner experience.:thumbsup2

This is our FAVORITE restaurant anywhere. I agree with an earlier post that the oak-fired filet is delish! I also love the sushi. The view and food are fantastic. We will be there in a little over 8 weeks...YAHOOOOO!!:woohoo:

It is always busy and loud at the CG, but the service and food outweighs the negatives. GC is my 2nd favorite restaurant at WDW, with Jiko being 1st. I love the fladbreads and desserts the best, but everything I haved tried has been excellent. Two :thumbsup2 for the CG!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter