California Grill View

peasy

<font colorf=lime green>I have over 6,798,741 reas
This is our first trip to WDW.

I've searched and just can't find the answer. We could only get 9:50 reservations for California Grill next week. We've never been and I'm concerned about it being worth the price and am wondering if I should cancel.

I know it's too late of a reservation to see Wishes but if we have a drink and take awhile to eat will we be able to see the Spectromagic parade lights at 11pm?

Thanks for any and all input. :)

No, the Contemporary is far enough away that Main Street is obstructed by buildings. You may see some lights parading but not enough to make it worth going outside for a special viewing, IMO. However, depending on what time the Electric Water Pageant parade is you will be able to see that on either side of the restaurant. When it passes behind the Contemporary, if you are outside on the "back" walkway you can hear the music as well.

View of MK from CG walkway:
468245136_5f986cb830.jpg

Thank you! The picture is exactly what I needed. I've never even heard of the water parade. How would I find out when that runs? Is it something the Magic Kingdom runs or the Cont. resort?

IT runs most every night and makes a swing around Seven Seas Lagoon so folks at the 3 monorail resorts can see and hear it. It's best viewed from ground level. It leaves from the MK-not any of the hotels.

Thank you! The picture is exactly what I needed. I've never even heard of the water parade. How would I find out when that runs? Is it something the Magic Kingdom runs or the Cont. resort?

I think the water parade is 9 or 9:30 call Diz they will give you the parade time.

Wishes is probably late next week, so check before assuming 9:50 won't allow you to see it. If you arrive at check-in on second floor 15 minutes early (as they like) they will take you up and you will be able to see 10pm fireworks, no question. Many folks go out on the observation deck to watch -- so your table location is not important. (Getting upstairs is the trick.)

Others are correct. You will not see Specro from there. You see some sparkle, but it is quite far away.

Having said that, totally agree that Water Pagent is fun to watch, and unique to WDW.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter