California Grill suggestions?

Tink135

Earning My Ears
I made reservations for California Grill during Wishes at MK. The only thing I'm worried about is the food/courses. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to eat? We're all pretty adventurous, so anything is fine!

Good Choice on Cali Grill; I ALWAYS get the goat cheese ravoli, scallops, and the snake in the grass. They are all sooooooo good. DH loves the filet. The food is so good, DH wants to eat there twice on our next trip.:thumbsup2

I've had the spicy tuna sushi for an appetizer and the pork tenderloin for the entree.

Incredibly delectable.

I had a bit of my gf's filet and it rivaled the steak I had at Harry Caray's in Chicago several years ago.

If you like sushi, go for sushi. It is fresh and delicious- best sushi in WDW.

If you don't, go for a flatbread or the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli.

As far as entrees go, the Pork Tenderloin with Polenta is one of my favorite dishes of all time!! I crave it.

The cheese tasting plate is lovely if you are a cheese lover.

I am biased because we had our wedding here, and let me tell you, people wanted to take doggie bags back to the hotel room, everything was exquisite. You really can't go wrong here!

Any of the Flatbreads are excellent.

If they have a Risotto with Goat Cheese and Meyer Lemon Beurre Blanc, GET IT! They had it paired with Shrimp one time and Lobster on a second visit. Both were amazing - this is my favorite dish I've ever eaten there.

I really loved my Ostrich Filet - preparations vary though.

Can't go wrong with the Valrhona Chocolate Cake for dessert - my favorite pairing was with Raspberry Ice Cream and Raspberry sauce. Also had it with Strawberry, and Peppermint Ice Cream with Macerated Cherries.

The pork with polenta...OMG this was amazing and I licked the plate clean

Anything & Everything :worship::cloud9::worship::cloud9:

Flatbreads are great.

Goat Cheese Ravioli is lush! Don't be embarrased to sop up the gravy with that wonderful sourdough bread. My dish goes back to the kitchen clean :rolleyes1

Spicy Kazan Roll if you like sushi :faint: Last 2 visits I had this as my entree.

DS15 & DS12 had the Bison last month & it was amazing (yes, I did manage to get a single bite).

DS15 has also had the ostrich, lamb... whatever the "unusual" protein is, that's what he orders & has yet to be disappointed. If you like trying new things I say go for it here.

The pork tenderloin & filet are favorites. The scallops, when offered, have always been cooked perfectly.

For dessert, DH always gets the kids chocolate pudding :goodvibes and swears its the BEST pudding EVER. DS15 is a fan of the Chocolate Valrohna cake & seasonal ice cream. I am usually too stuffed for dessert!

Any of the flatbreads and that pork entree!!
Last time out they had Anchor Steam beer, which is an additional plus!!

Any of the flatbreads and that pork entree!!
Last time out they had Anchor Steam beer, which is an additional plus!!

Yup, love Anchor Steam. They also have Sierra Nevada Pale Ale which is great too.

To the OP, you can't really go wrong with anything on the menu. The filet and pork tenderloin are great. So are some of the sushi plates and flatbreads. I've been to the CG many times with many different people, and we've never ordered a dish that wasn't good.

The last time we went I had the seared scallops and risotto, OMG. DH had the beef and loved it, DS had fish ,I think trout and loved it and DDIL had butternut squash ravioli that she thought was good, not excellant. The Valrohna cake & seasonal ice cream was to die for. Makes my mouth water just thinking of that meal!

I still dream about the meal I had at California Grill...... the pork tenderloin with goat cheese polenta was simply incredible! I also had the Valhrona molten chocolate cake with raspberry ice cream, quite possibly one of the best desserts I have ever eaten. My husband had a sushi starter which he thought was just okay, then a gorgeous steak and banana creme brulee.

We would go back to CG in a heartbeat! Hope you enjoy your meal!

Are the flatbreads sized like the ones they serve for lunch at SSR or smaller- in other words can they be eaten as a meal? Also, what sizes are the sushi rolls?

Many folks will split the flatbreads as an appetizer. I imagine that if you weren't really hungry, one might suffice as a meal.
For me, I always get a flatbread appetizer myself, followed by the entree and then dessert.

Everything....LOL:thumbsup2

Everything I've ever had has been wonderful. The sushi is out of this world and a pretty large serving.

The menu changes seasonally...so you will find different items every time. I believe the pork and the filet is always on the menu.

Another vote for the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli and the Sushi. My favourites in all of Walt Disney World. If only I was there now.

You've made a great dinning choice. California Grill is our favorite place to dine at WDW. We always start with one of there great flatbreads. I will next order sushi for myself ( my wife refuses to eat it with me). On our trip this past December I had Ostrich for my entree and it was fantastic. My wife had Pork Tenderloin w/ creamy polenta ( I normally get this) she sais it was great as always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter