California Grill Review

wannabprincess

Mouseketeer
First let me start off by saying this will be a very simple review. My husband and I had a unexpected business trip to Orlando and I crossed my fingers while I called for a ressie. I got on for 5:30 and was able to get a window seat. RON was our server and he was the best I ever had. I wasn't sure about what I wanted to drink, so I asked for a martini list; they didn't have one. I then asked if they could make me a mojito; sorry no mint. Ron said I will take care of you. He comes back with a bottle of wine, pours me a full glass and asks if I like it. It was the best wine I have ever tasted!!!! He told me it was a gift from Disney. Meanwhile, I had the ravioli and my husband had the three cheese flatbread, both were amazing. We bothordered the filet, since my scallops were not on the menu. The filet was not as good as when he had it in November, but still one of the best steaks I have ever had. Then Ron brings me another glass of wine on the house. As we finished up he brought us a piece of chocolate cake, on the house. Anyway, next time you go ask for Ron from Louisville.

Thanks for the review - sounds like you had a great meal. Shame the scallops weren't available.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for posting.

I'm glad you had a good time. Ron is our favorite waiter. Too bad about the scallops. Maybe next time!

I've had Ron as my server before too! In fact, of all the times I've been to CG, he is the only one I remember because he was so great! Glad you had a great time! CG is one of my favorites!:thumbsup2

I heard that California grill had a dress code. Is this true? If this is true, would a pair of dress pants and dress shirt be ok,without a neck tie?

thank you in advance,

daniel475 e-mail=garydan25@yahoo.com:confused3 :confused3

Do you remember the name of the wine? WOuld love to give it a try

The dress code at CG is resort casual. This is not strictly enforced. What you described Daniel would be appropriate and you would not feel out of place at all

I heard that California grill had a dress code. Is this true? If this is true, would a pair of dress pants and dress shirt be ok,without a neck tie?

thank you in advance,

daniel475 e-mail=garydan25@yahoo.com:confused3 :confused3

Actualy, they just loosened the dress code to add t-shirts! :confused3

I'm going to wear a pair of Docker slacks and a button down without tie. I just can't bring myself to wear jeans with a t-shirt to such a nice meal.

We were planning on going to Grand Floridian right after MK. I'm sure we won't be dressed up nicely. Will we feel out of place? We might have on jeans.

We were planning on going to Grand Floridian right after MK. I'm sure we won't be dressed up nicely. Will we feel out of place? We might have on jeans.

With plans to go to MK, I would say to wear the jeans, and maybe a collared (golf-type) shirt rather than a T-shirt. We were there last week, and there was one table that all wore jeans and T-shirt, but for the most part people we somewhat more dressed. Khakis and a golf shirt might be more preferable, but jeans would be fine as well.

Actually, unless YOU do, nobody else will really care what you wear. We usually wear shorts to CG and all the Grand Floridian restaurants except V&A.

Actually, unless YOU do, nobody else will really care what you wear. We usually wear shorts to CG and all the Grand Floridian restaurants except V&A.

VERY TRUE. I just think they hope to avoid having it become a bathing suit, tank top, cut-offs kind of atmosphere. My DH & DS like to wear khaki shorts to the signature TS restaurants. If YOU are comfortable with it, that's all that matters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter