• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Grill - Help us decide!

DanielleNYY

Earning My Ears
Hi
OK so my sister and I have an ADR at California Grill for the last night of our trip. We thought it would be a nice place to eat. So far I've seen two things, very mixed reviews, ranging from bad service to bad food. Also, some of the commentary has me thinking this isn't the best place for sisters. Is it more of a couples/romantic restaurant?
If so... can anyone recommend a restaurant to us at the resorts? (we only have a 4 day park ticket, and this is on our fifth.)
Thanks!

I don't think it would be bad with two sisters. My dh and I went last year. Loved the food, had a really good waiter. I loved it there, my dh's only complaint was it was too loud for him. Its open with bar area and we were close to that area, but had a great view of the castle.:goodvibes

Tracy

California Grill is the one restaurant that we eat at on every trip. The service & food are fantastic. You will not be dissapointed in eating here.

The food and service are great. It is by no means a "couples restaurant" as there will be lots of families with kids there (not that you won't see couples without kids, but that is unlikely to be the majority, or even a large minority, of the tables). Go and enjoy!

We ate there last August. The food was wonderful, especially dessert. Our waiter was a little snooty once he found out we were on the dining plan. Other than that, we loved it!

Take everything you read here with a "grain of salt".
Different strokes for different folks....Every restaurant has bad days....but Cali Grill is very good.

I would not give it another thought about being too "romantic"....hogwosh.
Not true....it is just a great restaurant....with an even better atmosphere.:goodvibes
Happy planning
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter