California Grill for Fireworks (Time)?

mbrown572097

Earning My Ears
Looking to catch the fireworks from the CG. Resi for 8:55 and fireworks for 10. Does this sound about right?

Sounds pretty close. Keep in mind that you are allowed to leave and come back to the balcony to watch as well so even if you finish up a bit early, you will get to see them with the music.

We are booked for 7:30. It was either that or 9:45 for availability when I booked. I didn't want to be still eating when wishes started so took 7:30. We figure a good 1 1/2 - 2 hours for dinner. It's not a fast dining kind of place. Then we can have a drink at the bar and watch Wishes from the viewing deck at 10.

The average resort Signature meal takes between 1.5 and 2 hours. So, if you have an 8:55 pm reservation, my guess is you'll be either eating your entree (if you started with an appetizer) or just finishing up with the entree when it's time to head out to view fireworks. Just let you server know you want to watch fireworks and they'll try to help you time the meal so the you're between courses when the show starts.

(To clarify, the reservation time is fine if you want to eating at CA Grill during fireworks. It's too late if you were hoping to request a window table with a view of the fireworks. By then, all of the window tables with a view will likely be taken and those folks are unlikely to leave until after the show. The general advice is to make a reservation for at least 2.5 hours before the show starts if you want to have a chance at a window table with a view.)

Last edited:

Depends on what part of dinner you want to be in when Wishes starts and the pace of other diners. Also, keep in mind that CG is notoriously slow for seating guests (we've always averaged 30 min from check in to seating...give or take 5-10 min) and by a certain point, people will start camping out. In fact, last time....we finished up dinner around 9:35pm and our server told us to stay put for the show. I personally like having Wishes go off around dessert time...and have always been told to get something around 8pm if Wishes is at 10pm. An hour before works well at Narcoosee's, but always seems to be too late considering the regular delays at CG.

My preferred time to be seated at CG to watch Wishes is at 8:00 pm for the 10 pm show. But the last time we had an ADR it was not until 9:00 pm and we ended up being seated at 9:15 pm. It worked out fine; we were able to see Wishes right at the end of our appetizers and before the meal. This upcoming trip in June I would have preferred the 8:00 pm ADR but was not able to get a seating for the 8 of us until 9:00 pm. I'm sure it is going to work out just fine.

Sounds pretty close. Keep in mind that you are allowed to leave and come back to the balcony to watch as well so even if you finish up a bit early, you will get to see them with the music.

What time would you recommend going back? We have 7:00 dinner reservations so we'll be done long before wishes. We will either be in the MK or we may stay in the hotel (CR). Either way, when's the best time to get back for a good place to watch?

Thanks

I know this is an old thread, but I have a question. I have an 8:55 reservation for CG and wishes starts at 9. If we check in early will they allow us to watch the fireworks then be seated after the show?

What time would you recommend going back? We have 7:00 dinner reservations so we'll be done long before wishes. We will either be in the MK or we may stay in the hotel (CR). Either way, when's the best time to get back for a good place to watch?

Thanks

I just noticed that this is an old the ad but I wanted to use this post to say that if you have a choice of MK or anywhere else on property to view Wishes, view in the MK. CG, Nacoossees, the Beach....all are fine if you do not plan to be in the Magic Kingdom, but they all pale in comparison to watching this spectacular fom where it was designed to be seen. Inside the MK.

I often use dining locations to enjoy Wishes during dinner on an evening when we do not want to be in the parks, but I consider any of those nights a bonus becuase we were not going to the park.

I know this is an old thread, but I have a question. I have an 8:55 reservation for CG and wishes starts at 9. If we check in early will they allow us to watch the fireworks then be seated after the show?

I am not positive, but I have read that they do allow this.

We like 90 minutes prior to fireworks where we've been able to have our entrees finished, head out to the observation deck to watch the fireworks and then come back for dessert.

I've got a 7:30 hoping to have a 9pm showing of Wishes, but the Wishes schedule wasn't published at my 180+10 and still isn't so I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll be ok.

We've done CG almost 30 times since it opened and been at every stage of our meal when the show started.

Made no real difference to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter