• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Grill dress code

bywheel

"My only hope is that we never lose sight of one t
Is there a dress code for California Grill? We have never eaten there before and we're not sure if we need to dress up or if capris and a blouse will do.

It's supposed to be something akin to business casual, but the reality is even less than that; no cut-offs, no bathing suits, nothing with profanity...basically don't show up dressed for a water park and you're pretty much fine.

DH and I were clueless when we went to CG on our honeymoon for the first time...I wore a dress, he had a blazer and tie...and we wound up looking like two teenagers out for their first 'adult date'. :lmao: EVERYONE around us was much more casual...lots of polos and capris and even Disney t-shirts. So don't get too dressy unless you like standing out! :laughing:

I wore black capri's & a blouse. I didn't feel out of place at all.

I saw a few people in flip flops...

Capris and a nice top are fine. I will say though that I see you are going in 3 months; it will most likely be cold at night. We've gone and are going in November and its cold at night, just something for you to think about if you want to wear capris or long pants.
But a few months ago we saw a family with 2 young children wear shorts and matching disney character tops and they were being seated, along with other people dressed similiar. There really isn't a dress code other than what one of the pp mentioned as not being accepted. Most people dress in nice tops & pants/jeans/dress shorts.

I've always worn a sundress but keep in mind I go in warmer months. In winter if you have a late dinner ressie and go outside to watch Wishes you may need a layer for warmth. (for reference I'm from So. Ca. where I'm cold if it is 60!) :goodvibes

Is there a dress code for California Grill? We have never eaten there before and we're not sure if we need to dress up or if capris and a blouse will do.
You will be fine in capris an a blouse. We've eaten there many times and have seen everything from those dressed up to those wearing t-shirts and shorts. I think as long as you're not wearing torn clothing or t-shirts with anything "offensive" on them, you won't get turned away.

It has gotten more casual over the years. During my last visit there about a month ago I saw a couple of men (and women) wearing baseball caps during dinner.

I can understand casual but wearing a baseball cap inside a restaraunt is rude.

Dress Code for Signature Restaurants is Resort Casual. Not
permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimsuits or swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, or torn clothing of any kind.

No longer much of a dress code.

I agree that the dress code has become more relaxed in recent years. The first time we dined at California Grill (in 2007) DH and I were not overly dressed up but we had on the business casual that they suggested on the website. Well, as we were checking in for our dinner reservation, there was a family of 4 that was being turned away because the teenage boy had on basketball shorts and a basketball jersey. Now when we go there, I have seen shorts, flip flops, and even jeans. Whenever I dine there I always wear my nice capris with a blouse and sandals and I have yet to feel out of place....in fact, this is the sort of outfit that I wear at any of the Signature restaurants.

Based on what I saw in September, pretty much anything goes.

I was surprised - I saw park attire, people with hats on, people dressed up. I was solo so I was people watching.

I also saw the same thing at Artist Pointe when my husband and I ate there on our anniversary. Which made my husband complain through the whole supper because he was in a polo shirt and khaki pants and he could have been in his park shorts and a t-shirt for all the restaurant cared.
Listening to him complain kind of ruined my enjoyment.

So to make a long story short, I'd say you were safe wearing capri's and a blouse.

I can understand casual but wearing a baseball cap inside a restaraunt is rude.

I won't agree with this but I will say that when I went into any signature restaurant I was asked to remove my hat at check-in.

The last time I was there, some guy at the table beside me was wearing a track suit. :sad2:

Dress Code for Signature Restaurants is Resort Casual. Not
permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimsuits or swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, or torn clothing of any kind.

No longer much of a dress code.

Dress code PLEASE!!!!! I think I have seen all of the above in my trips to YCSH and CG. We dress up a bit more than park clothes for our romantic night out, unlike some around us. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter