California Grill closing... (rumor)

I believe they are changing the furniture, and possibly the layout. We were lucky enough to get window seats last year, but I was surprised how many seats did not provide a decent view if the castle.

We look forward to eating there in December and watching great fireworks.

They've got scaffolding around the outside of the restaraunt, don't think its just an interior refurb.

Vaguely from memory, I think they are redesigning/remodeling to improve view for more diners, etc.

They've got scaffolding around the outside of the restaraunt, don't think its just an interior refurb.

My understanding is that there was roof work needing to be done to the Contemporary as a whole, and that the CA Grill refurb was planned to coincide with that specifically because that work would render the space essentially unusable (no view and who knows how much noise or disruption to mechanical systems). The leaked concept sketches show only relatively minor interior changes to the space, mostly straight updates with some changes that look like they could increase total capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter