California Grill closing October 2 for 50th anniversary enhancements

I’m very interested to see what this is - we have a trip coming up around Thanksgiving and we decided with the crowds to do three day park hoppers and possible an Xmas party, with the non park days spent enjoying resort decorations and DS. This could be another great option that tackles the off day question - what to do and where to eat. Im not expecting it to be cheap or good for kids, but it’s now a possibility for date night again (we try not to keep repeating the same date night places).

I’m very interested to see what this is.... but it’s now a possibility for date night again (we try not to keep repeating the same date night places).

We are with you. DW and I (no kids) always try to do at least one special splurge event/date night each trip. Since we aren't interested in Boo Bash, tours aren't running (not sure what tour we would do since we have done the major ones) and hope in Drawn to Life opening before our trip disappearing quickly, this might be a decent option, depending on which way Disney goes with it.

Will be interesting to see what this is.
We were hoping to dine there again in October.
guessing it will be some special prix-fixe meal.

I just hope they announce information and dates soon. We were targeting Oct 8 prior to this announcement, so we'd love to know if this is even going to be an option during our trip.

I just hope they announce information and dates soon. We were targeting Oct 8 prior to this announcement, so we'd love to know if this is even going to be an option during our trip.
We arrive the following week and CG is always one of our ADRs. Looking forward to more information about this.

I'm going with it being a price fix meal. Too many people (us included) just going to enjoy appetizers and drinks. Of course for the view and observation deck for fireworks.

Too many people (us included) just going to enjoy appetizers and drinks. Of course for the view and observation deck for fireworks.
I'm curious, have people seen this happening at CG? I know I saw this at BoG. For all the times we have dined at CG, whether it was the restaurant or lounge, it seemed all the tables around us were getting a complete meal. Maybe it was earlier in the night before we arrived?

I'm curious, have people seen this happening at CG? I know I saw this at BoG. For all the times we have dined at CG, whether it was the restaurant or lounge, it seemed all the tables around us were getting a complete meal. Maybe it was earlier in the night before we arrived?
We usually get sushi/apps and drinks. I don't think we'd go if we couldn't see the fireworks. There are other signatures we haven't tried yet that I'm sure are as good or better.

Can we not see the fireworks if dining at GF?
After eating you can see the fireworks outside easily.
Narcoossees, it depends where you are seated. Our last time we were able to see fireworks and the Water Pageant from our table.
Citricos, there are a few tables with good window views of MK, but most don't.

Even if you get a window seat at Narcoossees, people congregate on the outside deck and block your view. You have to go outside to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter