California Grill best time for dinner/Wishes

sjreed

Mouseketeer
After numerous trips with our kids, my husband and I are finally taking an adults only trip for our 25th anniversary. I have 7:40 PM reservations at CG for a night in January with Wishes at 8:00 PM. Is this cutting it too close? The only other option I was given was 5:30 PM.

7:40 will be fine. If you get seated on time you can order and then go outside and watch the fireworks from the balcony if you don't have a view from your table. If you get seated late you can go up to the waiting area and go outside to watch wishes. I'd get there by 7:15 or so to check in to make sure you get to go up in time.

Thank you for your quick response! I was also thinking of 7:15 for arrival!

After numerous trips with our kids, my husband and I are finally taking an adults only trip for our 25th anniversary. I have 7:40 PM reservations at CG for a night in January with Wishes at 8:00 PM. Is this cutting it too close? The only other option I was given was 5:30 PM.

7:40 will be fine. I think you'll have some choices.

-Check in early and if they let you go up, you'll probably be seated and order before Wishes. Let your server know you want to see fireworks because most likely you will not be at a window table. The server will pace your meal so that you can go out on the deck.

-Check in about 10-15 minutes before your reservation. There might be a lot of people without reservations at the check in podium on the second floor hoping to go up to the lounge to see Wishes, but you'll have no problem because you have a reservation. At this point you might be seated at a table before Wishes begins...

or

you'll have to wait, in which case I would let the upstairs podium know you'll be going outside and will wait until after Wishes to be seated. Since many of the window tables will clear out as soon as Wishes is over, you could ask for a window table. Even after fireworks, the twinkling lights make the view worth seeing. :)

If you opt for the 5:30 reservation, save your receipt and you'll be able to go back up later in the evening to see Wishes from the deck.

. . . I have 7:40 PM reservations at CG for a night in January with Wishes at 8:00 PM. Is this cutting it too close? . . .

1) I am sure you will have a table to watch Wishes . . .
. . . if the stars are aligned perfectly
. . . if there is a 4-foot snowfall in Miami that day
. . . if Bob Iger gives away his salary & bonus to employees
2) People with tables that close to fireworks usually stay right there.
3) Wouldn't you?
4) However, IF they let you upsairs, you can watch from the observation deck.
5) THEN, get a table after the post-fireworks tables get empty.

NOTE: In order to *usually* get a table, get a ressie 1½-2 hrs earlier. 15-45 min is typically not early enough.

A table view isn't really needed in any case--we haven't had one in years and still enjoy the fireworks.

A 7:40 time is fine--you might not get seated on time anyway. MOST likely you'll just get out on the deck to see the show and then begin your meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter