California Grill-Appetizer meal

Bibbidi

DIS Veteran
I am considering California Grill for our upcoming trip this summer. I was wondering if it anyone has ever eaten there and gotten mostly appetizers/salads, and maybe split an entree. It's not so much a money issue, as much as the foods outside of the entrees are what interest us. No one in my family is a very big eater, so we don't want to order entrees for everyone, but we do want to try a couple appetizers and dessert as well. Would this be frowned upon, or is the waitstaff cool with this kind of approach to dinner?

I personally have eaten at California Grill multiple times and only eaten appetizers as my meal. It is not an unusual approach to dinner there.

I rarely order an entree at signatures...it's not about cost, it's that the apps appeal to me more. Never had anyone blink an eye.

Just in case - if you are interested in the goat cheese ravioli appetizer, you can ask for it as an entree and they will give you 2 raviolis instead of one as an entree portion.

There is no requirement that one order an entree.

As for it being "frowned upon" you can spend just as much, or even more, making a meal of appetizers as you can ordering an entree, so there's no reason for it.

Just in case - if you are interested in the goat cheese ravioli appetizer, you can ask for it as an entree and they will give you 2 raviolis instead of one as an entree portion.

Thank you for this info!!! I leave tomorrow and have an ADR on Sunday simply for the ravioli!

I have done this and really enjoyed it. We ordered some great wine and a few appetizers. We did finish it by sharing a dessert. Definitely do it. Next time I want to sit at the bar so we can watch the chefs.

The two ladies in my group nearly always make a meal of a salad (or soup) for starters and an app for entree. It's never been an issue ... ever.

Thanks for all the replies. The goat cheese appetizer tip is great too. I can see my 10 year old being really excited for that. She loves ravioli and goat cheese, so the two together will be heaven on a dish for her!

Can't wait for July now.

I am glad you asked this as well. We are going in June and we have a 9:20 reservation so we can eat and watch the fireworks. It will be late for a heavy supper and I also have a very picky DD12 so it will be great for us just to be able to get a few appetizers and desserts and maybe split an entree and enjoy the fireworks from an entirely new perspective. I cannot wait!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter