California Grill and Wishes

daisy hughes

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! After spending hours on the site last night, I decided to join in the fun and post. My DH and I will be arriving Sept 14th for our first stay on site at Pop. I can't wait!

I have read that timing your dinner at Ca Grill to see Wishes is a highlite for many Disney lovers. I am planning to do that for our Saturday night meal. My question is...

If Wishes begins at 9pm, should I make reservations for 8pm? That would allow time for waiting to get settled. Any other tips for planning this would be so much appreciated.

Thank you!

Yes, that is a good plan in case they are late seating you.

There are only a few tables with a view of WISHES, if you are not lucky enough to be sitting at them you can go outside to the observation area.

Have a great dinner, the food at CG is excellent, be sure to share a flatbread as one of your appetizers :)

Thank you Cass...I will be certain to order the flatbread.

Would it help if I requested a window seat when I call to make the reservation?

You can alway make special requests but there is never any guarantees.

If it just you and your DH and you want a quieter more romantic setting ask for the wine room. There is no view of Wishes but we go out onto the observation deck. The room is smaller than the main dining area and for us it has always been just couples.

The server always helps us plan our meal so that we have just finished appetizers or are waiting on dessert when Wishes starts.

We love the California Grill. We love their sushi.

We are going in September. My DH wanted ADRs twice in one week but I talked him into trying Shula's one night instead.

Have a great time!

If you're upstairs *waiting* for a reservation, you can also run out on the observation deck, so there's no need to be actually at your table and eating to enjoy the fireworks.

No real use in asking for a window table when you call WDW-DINE. You need to request one when you check in on the second floor.
And has been said, don't worry if you don't get the window table. The view from the observation deck is just fine.
And 8:00 is a perfect time. Our ADR's are for 8:00 next Saturday night!!!

This is so wonderful...thank you all so much for the advice. Now I can relax a little knowing that if we are not at a window seat, we can go out to the observation deck...I didn't realize that! Again, thanks so much!

Waiting on my ride to Disney...
daisy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter