California Grill and fireworks---yeah? nay?

snackyx

Mouseketeer
DVC owners since 1992, and typically hit the signature restaurants every year. The last few years we took California Grill out of the rotation because it just seemed too crowded and noisy. I know the restaurant has been redone--just curious as to general opinions as to the overall experience of any fellow DVC members who have been there recently. I hate to spend $300-400 on dinner for four when the ambiance is that of a very busy wedding reception.

Also--we will be at Disney World in November--IF we decide to book California Grill, what is a good time to book a table AND see the fireworks?

Thanks for any advice, opinions, etc.

Honestly, for November? I would eat where you're happy, and go up to TOTW for the fireworks. Much quieter.

We ate at California Grill maybe 6 years ago and felt the same way - "very busy wedding reception". I'm interested in advice and opinions, too!

They remodeled but it's still the same basic set up. As far as ambiance it didn't change much if at all. I need to pay a little closer attention next time but thought they had changed some of the seating that I liked along the south side of the restaurant. But if you didn't like it before I'd suspect that will not have changed what you would think now.

I am going in September and debating booking reservations as well. Have heard the view of the fireworks are amazing.

I still think it is noisy, and we basically have stopped going to Cali Grill. The fireworks view is a bit better than from TTOTWL, but the lounge is quieter. We prefer eating at Artist Point and then heading to TTOTW.

If you eat at the CG earlier in the evening, you can leave and come back to see the fireworks from their outdoor deck area. You don't have to be eating near the fireworks time. Just keep your receipt to show the CM operating the elevator.

I thought they stopped access for the fireworks without reservations?

DH and I tried a few of the Signature lounges during our 25th anniversary trip last year. (we aren't big eaters but wanted to experience these amazing venues!) We went to Narcooseee's, Citricos, and California Grill.

Narcoosee's was our favorite. Great service, enjoyed the appetizers and drinks we ordered. We plan on doing this one again! Citricos' didn't even happen! We asked about visiting the bar, but they pretty much just turned us away. (yes, we were dressed appropriately). The California Grill was only ok. The service was less than fantastic, and our appetizers were so-so. The wine we ordered was nice. We didn't really feel like we wanted to rush back, so watched Wishes that night from TOTWL. We would be willing to give this one another try.

Everyone has a different experience, though. Who knows, we may have caught some folks on an off night. We really did enjoy Narcoosee's!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter