California Grill ADR Question

StrikerObi

Long Live the FSU Weasel
The GF and I are going down to WDW this weekend to meet up with some friends and just generally get away from the stress of the real world for 3 days. For the first night, I've booked us a romantic dinner at Artist Point, but I really want to go to California Grill. Of course, it has been booked for months. Artist Point one of my favorite restaurants, but I've eaten there a number of times and am dying to try California Grill.

Last time we did this, we went to Citricos and LOVED it. We went there because I couldn't get a table at California Grill.

Does anybody know the "odds" of a table at California Grill opening up? The ADR requires a credit card and if you don't cancel by a certain date, you get billed. What is that cut-off date? It should help me with trying to check at the last minute.

If you really want to go, try eating in the lounge. They serve the full menu. I wouldn't try to go up there and get a lounge table near fireworks time though.

I guess it pays to be persistent. I have been checking for an ADR a few times a day for the past few weeks. I've seen a few pop up but they are always for late times after 9:30PM, which is just too darn late. I checked 15 minutes ago and got one at 5:50PM! It's a little earlier than I would like (I'd prefer closer to 7:00) but I will take what I can get for now and keep checking to see if a better time opens up.

The only bummer now is that Wishes won't be held on the date we're going (11/12) because of MVMCP. :(

They do holiday wishes instead... better than nothing, right? :thumbsup2

I thought so too but I didn't see it listed on the Fireworks schedule on WDWinfo. Any idea what time Holiday Wishes goes off? And does California Grill pipe in the Holiday Wishes music like they do for regular Wishes?

Edit: Some Googling revealed that they do, but Holiday Wishes usually goes off around 9:30PM which is well after our dinner. I know we can stick around the hotel and get back in with our receipt later, but I doubt we'll stick around for that long...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter