California Dreamin'-A 14 Day Odyssey to San Fran,Yosemite & DL! 8/2013 COMPLETE!1/9!!

Animal Style DOES have the grilled onions, so you're good! They just weren't on your list of ingredients. :goodvibes

What a relief!! I really couldn't remember, at this point- but I looked at my pics, and you can see them on my next cheeseburger.

Uh-oh. Just spoiled the surprise- there will be more cheeseburgers on our trip!

I KNOW when is a cheeseburger not a cheeseburger??? :rotfl2: Actually sometimes I have my burger naked too - I mean the burger is.. :rotfl:

Yea, nice try- we know what you said, no takin it back now, Naked Cheeseburger eater! :rotfl:

Jim' uncle orders his burgers Protein Style, which is without the bun, but extra lettuce on top and bottom - a cheeseburger lettuce wrap!:goodvibes

I know someone else who does that around here.....::yes::

Oh No! They didn't listen to you after all the fabulous trips you have planned, and all the research you had done? :confused3 MEN! :headache: I'm sorry your bike riding memory will be a little besmirched, but at least you got a few beautiful pics in the end!

Well, it's just a good story now- not besmirched at all! :thumbsup2

Yes, just what I thought ....... too many hills in SF! :rotfl2:

Definitely part of the charm!

Ellen, I could just picture you all riding your bikes. It was fun just to read - not for me. We DO have a car in SF and usually have it valet parked (we stay at the "Sir Francis Drake" Hotel on Union Square), and I promise NO bike riding for me.

What a gorgeous and historic hotel! I looked at staying there- but I have a thing for the water, so ultimately decided on the Hyatt- there are groups that give tours of Francis Drake you know!

Sorry for the hand brake only bike. Poor Timmy!

Forget about that kid! Poor Ellen! :rotfl2:

I'm laughing and crying with you at the same time. :hug:

I am sure you are, Sistah....

Oh Ellen what a comedy of errors !!! I have to say I would not evr have considered riding a bike over the bridge , but I understand how much effort you put into the planning and then ......Oh well such is life !! By the way did Pods enjoy himself !!!;):rotfl2:

Pods LOVED it! I think he would have enjoyed it even more if I hadn't been screaming at him every 50 feet! :lmao: He said he really enjoyed all the extra hills.

However, I will have you know that just yesterday Captain Hilltop joined me on a walk I usually do with my girlfriend Fiona- it's about 5 or 6 miles. Yesterday fell a little short of that- Pods blamed the dog, but we all know who was really wimping out....::yes:: :rotfl:

Rosie!!! :hug: So glad you are OK!!! :hug: What happened?

Chest pain and a very rapid heart rate :sad: They admitted me for the night and did loads of tests .y heart is fin it was not a heart attack ! A Fib was the diagnosis !! I am on 2new meds and have to follow up with my doctor and a cardiologist !! I had to give up regular coffee :scared:But finally the headaches from that have stopped :goodvibes:lmao:

Chest pain and a very rapid heart rate :sad: They admitted me for the night and did loads of tests .y heart is fin it was not a heart attack ! A Fib was the diagnosis !! I am on 2new meds and have to follow up with my doctor and a cardiologist !! I had to give up regular coffee :scared:But finally the headaches from that have stopped :goodvibes:lmao:

Take care of yourself!

Jill in CO

If it makes you feel any better, oh she who has yet to make it to the Cannery...I've never eaten an Inn and Out burger.

I know.

Wrong.

Well, that's just CRAZY! In all the times you have been there? You MUST go!

If it also makes you feel any better, outside of Ghiradelli (which is so NOT what is used to be in terms of tours etc), and the awesome chowders at the Blue Mermaid...you aren't missing much at the cannery itself in my opinion.

I heard the Blue Mermaid was good- we looked at the hotel there, The Argonaut- anyway, thanks for making me feel like I didn't really miss much!

PLEASE do tell me you at least made it into the Buena Vista for an Irish coffee though.

Well.....last time we did! I am the only coffee drinker in the family, so not much reason to stop this time. BUT...we did all walk by with our bikes- it is on the bottom of the street from where we rented our cycles.

I am DYING here!

Yes, well, I was too! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Too funny. And no, I would not rock it from a full stop. BLEH. I think you have a very (incorrectly) inflated sense of both my fitness level and abilities. LOL! Jeff might but he's a freak of nature at times.

Umm, I'm sorry, Miss-I-climbed-half-dome.....no, I don't think I am!

you mean this hill?

EXACTLY!!!!:thumbsup2

We ran up that thing when we were there in Sept. Twice as we had to turn around and go back and both of us got turned around in different ways and ran too far. Me, I "had" to stop and take a picture...it was too pretty not to. Not that I need a walk break of course. :rotfl2:

It is a very pretty view- one of about a MILLION beautiful views in that city, right? :love:

I have to say though...you have to take the description of "flat" with a serious grain of salt. I have done that ride, several years ago. On a tandem no less. I need to dig up the pictures. :rotfl2: No matter what, you have to get through the Fort and there is a hill. The beach part is a bit misleading I think as basically you have a little bit of beach right after Fishermans Wharf, go over the fort, back down to the beach and then back up to get over the bridge and if you ask me the climb to get up to the bridge counts as a hill. So yes, there is a beach but it's actually possibly not the most direct way, or fastest and that hill is still there. It is the Kodak moment spot though. Either way though, despite much of it being flat what you will remember is the hills.

True- but my info was also coming from real people who were writing blogs about their SF trip and the bike ride. All of THOSE said stay on the beach and it's mostly flat- they weren't trying to sell me on the bike ride. I could look down from where we were and SEE the people biking along in places we did not get NEAR because we were riding along a highway or whatever. We had a very short time near the water.

And tandem bikes are RIDICULOUS!!! Sooooo much harder- you really ARE amazing, even if you won't admit it!

Of course if you are nuts like us instead of heading straight into Sausalito after checking out the vista point...instead you turn left and go up the hill to get a better view via Conzleman Road.

Can I send Pods with you next time? Then you could get a 3 person tandem and REALLY kill yourselves! :faint:

The route plot for this particular ride continues directly up Conzelman Road after crossing the bridge. This narrow road climb (open to fairly heavy traffic, especially over its first third or so) is the only serious climb of the ride and lasts for about two miles, though that includes an almost flat section in the middle. The steepest segment is a short part in the beginning averaging around 11% grade. The other part of the sustained climb (near the top) does not exceed 9% very much. This is not a challenging climb for anyone who has done any amount of climbing on a bike before.

We saw lots of bikers on the crazy hills between the GGB and Muir Woods when we went, and we were all in awe of them- :worship:

Conzelman Road features a string of parking areas at which visitors can stop to take in the views, which are phenomenal. This whole road is essentially one big vista point. As the climb takes you higher and higher, the views get wider and wider. At the top of the climb, you'll reach the last parking area near Hawk Hill, which is also the turnaround point for most tourists driving up there

HA!

Not challenging my patootie...especially on a tandem. We are still speaking to each other though.

I started talking to Pods again after about 2 glasses of wine up there in the Regency Club that night. HA!

I do want to thank you for this update...I went searching for the dumb tandem picture and realized that a LOT of my older pictures were missing from PB. Either I broke the links (possible) when I reorganized it earlier this year or PB started deleting when the auto renew kept not going through due to an expired card that though I tried to fix a bazillion times, kept not "fixing". Between this and my last uppdate where I was looking for older pictures it was like HUH?

thank heavens for external drives.

PB is a MESS- it seems to be working better for me, though- but not sure what to do when my renewal eventually comes up- I don't want to lose the pics on my TRs, people still read them-

see the big "bump" to the left of the far gate? Yeah...that's where we rode this crazy thing up to, aka Hawk Hill.

GREAT PIC!!! So glad you found it! I HATE losing photos- I lost a bunch from a trip to HHI a few years ago when my computer crashed- I had not yet moved them to the external Hard Drive. SO SAD!!!!!

It is so lovely to just walk around! Far prettier on the other (aka non main road) side. The Exploratorium used to be there but now that it isn't, less reason to go. Last year when we didn't rent a car and walked the entire city like crazy people (yes, there is a theme) we got to explore it at night after closing down the Disney Family museum. Magical!

Yes, in my head I was thinking "It doesn't look like this in the pics I have seen" but there was no way to go over for a minute and do a loop around because Tyler & Tim were so far ahead at that point. Next visit it is on my MUST DO- even without the exploratorium.

Way more magical when our frozen patooties finally made it to the Buena Vista to warm up with Irish Coffee. :rotfl:

Great idea!

Oh Timmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh that is SO something Evan would do. Oh wait, he DID do.

In Whistler. When we had the brilliant idea to go for a ride...along hilly gravel trails...with a kid in a CAST.

Kind of hard to use the hand brakes effectively when only one can grip.

Oops. Good thing I made him keep the cast on for that trip, they offered to take it off prior.

Yay! Another mom of the Year! :rotfl: Anyway- you have my deepest sympathies!

I am so not laughing, I am so empathizing...oh wait, I am laughing. You know what though, you will never ever forget this trip and it will be one of the funniest memories forever.

You are completely correct on that one. It is VERY funny now, 3 months later- :rotfl:

I really am empathizing... the SLOW ride down part in particular. At least he didn't get off and insist on walking it. Really, it could have been worse.

I left that part out- he DID walk for a while. I went back and edited my post- at one point when he threw the bike down he started walking away and I had to convince him to come back and walk it himself because he was going to leave it altogether! :scared1:

So, really, it couldn't have been much worse!

And sorry but four person linked? RUDE! Deserved to get yelled at at a minimum.

It WAS rude, you are RIGHT!

I can only hope you chose the ferry ride back...

Do I LOOK stupid????? :rotfl:

Pods wants to do it again, and wants to do both ways- Tyler too. Have a good time boys, I say- I'll be waiting at the Disney Family Museum! :thumbsup2

Stellar update! And despite it all, some agood pictures, you fake fun well. :thumbsup2

Thanks- it was much more fun to write about than it was to experience!

That is one bike ride I would never make! The views were great, but the journey, not so much!

It will a great story to be trotted out at every holiday gathering from here to eternity!

Definitely! :goodvibes

Loving the trip so far! Your family is too cute... :goodvibes

AWWWWW, thanks! :blush:

Uh-oh, not listening already. This will not be good.

You got that right!
Ooh fog horns. Love it. It certainly was foggy there.

I think this was a very foggy day- but all of them are, depending on where you go when in SF!

You know men know there directions. LOL

Yea- :scratchin

I think the bridge looks cool in the fog.

It did- it is one of the places where the fog is one of the characters of the trip, and you know it's coming, so you really don't mind so much.

Good for you yelling back at the human chain. What idiots.

Thanks for the back-up, I appreciate it!

It is beautiful. I just love the look of the bridge in the fog.
All caught up again

Thanks!

So, the In-N-Out burger is pretty famous, and the pictures make it look pretty great. But where you hate mustard on a burger, I can't for the life of me understand why someone would ruin a perfectly good burger by putting mayonnaise on it.
puke.gif

It wasn't mayonaisse on there- it was mystery special sauce....:goodvibes

So maybe I'll just be boring like your boys. :thumbsup2

Anyway, I have to ask your forgiveness here. Because I was :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: at the bike story. I know, I'm a terrible person. But I couldn't help it.

I fully expect you to- if you especially didn't laugh, I would be disappointed- I always feel like i owe you some entertainment, because you make me laugh side-splittingly so often!

Just goes to show you, never ever doubt the uber-planner. I'm totally on your side here. Just listen to us! Who knows, you may still like bikes afterwards.

Now there's an idea-

Too bad there was so much fog, but everything looks beautiful from the Sausalito side!:thumbsup2

The fog is a part of it. What else would there be? :goodvibes

It must be a man gene. I swear I do all the planning and Skip can ruin it in 3 seconds flat. Why plan...well then he sees why I do it later on when he does something stupid. :rotfl:

It's EXHAUSTING!!!

:scared1: I don't even know what to say about the biking experience!!!! :scared: I guess every family vacation has to have an experience like that, but I am SO SORRY! No fun!!! :(

Not fun to experience, but at least now I can laugh about it!

In 'n' Out Burger though? YUM!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

I bet you miss those!

Love all the pics, especially the alligator breads? Those were sooo cool!

They always had cool sourdough breads on display there-

Not sure I could walk by Ghiradelli and not stop in for a chocolate or tour...

I never actually walked by it. If I had, we would have stopped!

:rotfl2: about the bikes! Those peeps were uber rude for walking 4 across! It wasn't Timmy's fault! Gosh darn those boys for not listening!

Yea! What you said! :rotfl:

I am cracking up about the bike ride cuz I can see your face and hear you retell it all over again!!! Im dying!

Yea- YOU got to hear it in person when I was still super mad! Good times! :rotfl2:

Don't feel bad we haven't gone to the Ghirardelli square either. But I figure I went in Cali Adventure.. good enough LOL

LOL- definitely!

Cant wait to read whats next for you guys!

Ice cream and cocktails- I'm sure you'll want to hear about it, both are right up your alley, lol-

How absolutely infuriating to have your plans overturned, but I can't say that I haven't had it happen too. While I would like to chalk it up to a man thing, it's just a thing. Fran has done that to me any number of times, and you know why? Mostly shopping! :lmao:

LMAO!!!!! Why am I not surprised??? :rotfl2:

I can't believe Timmy's bad luck with bicycling. I hope that he doesn't give it up. He has had a few bad turns and even with mom sticking up for him, I can see him not wanting to do it again on his own. Ever.

He rode over to a friend's house a few times this fall- so I guess he's over it!:thumbsup2

I hope your day gets better. I know the trip does, But I hope that that this day does!

Of COURSE it does! No where to go but UP! :)

Oh Ellen! :rotfl2: I am finally back on the boards after a month hiatus and here is your trip report, sucking me in with the bike ride from hell. :rotfl2:

Welcome back! I miss you! And it's time to book our rooms pre-cruise!!! YAY US!!

Holy crap. It sounds almost as bad as the 5 hour bike ride we recently did, lost in the Poconos. Yup - went with Denny and two other friends who have a house up there. What was supposed to be a 2 hour round trip to a lake turned into a 5 1/2 hour debacle literally LOST in the woods. I told my friends we were lost, but NO ONE would listen! :faint: So, I feel your pain. At least you were rewarded with some spectacular views on the other side of the bridge. Just lovely.

I dunno- that sounds a little scary, too! Mine was never scary- just excruciatingly annoying!

Glad Tyler enjoyed his college tours. Isn't it fun? I really enjoyed it. I still am hoping he wants to come tour UD so you and I can go have some fun on Main Street. Lots of fun bars and restaurants there. hint hint.

I am sure it will be on his list- and even if it's not, I would love to come down there and hang with you for a night- just say the word! :goodvibes

Any way - I still have lots of catching up to do, but thanks again for the laugh and the beautiful pictures.

You are so welcome!

Ditto on what the girl in the polka dot dress girl said! :thumbsup2

(And what a surprise on the bold, Alison.)

OMG!!!! SOOOOO FUNNY! ALL OF IT!!!! :rotfl2:

And like other DISers have already said, one could really hear you on this update Ellen. You really could. :rotfl: I'm sorry, I need to put a laughing icon just for that. :goodvibes

Well, Drea actually really HEARD me- in person when I saw her out there- She got the full effect! :scared::rotfl:

Glad to hear all went well with testing. :goodvibes

Me too Rosie!

Thank you I am feeling very well rested and bored :rotfl2:I am not used to having 3 full days off and NO plans !!! I am really glad to be going to work tomorrow . :cool1::cool1:

How was work?

Thank goodness no heart attack- Lonnie gets high blood pressure and she says the headaches are horrible. I really hope the new meds work well for you!

Take care of yourself!

Jill in CO

What Jill said! :thumbsup2

I heard the Blue Mermaid was good- we looked at the hotel there, The Argonaut- anyway, thanks for making me feel like I didn't really miss much!

The Argonaut is our FAVORITE place to stay in SF.

True- but my info was also coming from real people who were writing blogs about their SF trip and the bike ride. All of THOSE said stay on the beach and it's mostly flat- they weren't trying to sell me on the bike ride. I could look down from where we were and SEE the people biking along in places we did not get NEAR because we were riding along a highway or whatever. We had a very short time near the water.

And tandem bikes are RIDICULOUS!!! Sooooo much harder- you really ARE amazing, even if you won't admit it!

Tandems are fine...when it's flat. Up a hill and they suck rocks!!!!!!!

A 3 person tandem :rotfl2: they do have those! Jeff wants to do it again but it has just never worked out timing wise.

I dunno, even the flat part by the beach, you have to get down there and back up. No, it's not all that long but still it's not like the whole thing is flat.

I started talking to Pods again after about 2 glasses of wine up there in the Regency Club that night. HA!

NO wine in Sausolito? Man...I'd have gone for one after that. Or a beer. Or a margarita...something. LOL!

Losing pictures sucks! I can tell that trip was pre-digital for me as it's the only one I actually have and I'm sure I took more. I should scan some older ones from trips, I am not good about that and they will fade away in the boxes they are stored in.

Yes, in my head I was thinking "It doesn't look like this in the pics I have seen" but there was no way to go over for a minute and do a loop around because Tyler & Tim were so far ahead at that point. Next visit it is on my MUST DO- even without the exploratorium.

That and the tea garden. I can't get Jeff to go to the tea garden with me which bums me out.

Yay! Another mom of the Year!
Misery loves comfort :rotfl:

Oh boy. I just went back and read the bike episode. Men! Boys!

PITAS! All of them! :rotfl:

The Argonaut is our FAVORITE place to stay in SF.

It is soooo well rated! I just couldn't justify it for the tiny room- with tax it would have been well over $500/night, and we would have been literally on top of each other with no balcony.

Tandems are fine...when it's flat. Up a hill and they suck rocks!!!!!!!

Noted. :upsidedow

A 3 person tandem :rotfl2: they do have those! Jeff wants to do it again but it has just never worked out timing wise.

Just give me the dates- I'll ship Pods out there, no problem! :rotfl2:

I dunno, even the flat part by the beach, you have to get down there and back up. No, it's not all that long but still it's not like the whole thing is flat.

I saw it- it was NOTHING compared to what we did which SUCKED!

NO wine in Sausolito? Man...I'd have gone for one after that. Or a beer. Or a margarita...something. LOL!

Don't worry- the Regency Club had pour your own wine for $4 a glass (I think) and I got my money's worth later on!

Losing pictures sucks! I can tell that trip was pre-digital for me as it's the only one I actually have and I'm sure I took more. I should scan some older ones from trips, I am not good about that and they will fade away in the boxes they are stored in.

Mine are all in albums or in scrapbooks- the scrapbook ones are perfect, but the others are in magnetic books- not looking so good!

That and the tea garden. I can't get Jeff to go to the tea garden with me which bums me out.

I wanted to go there, too, but OF COURSE the PITA men were not interested!:rotfl2:

Misery loves comfort :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Yes it does!

PITAS! All of them! :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Yes it does!

So you and I will go and visit the Tea Garden and leave them to crazy bike rides. I'd do a tandem again but honestly would vastly prefer a hike of some sort.

:rotfl:

Sadly we've not actually been able to stay at the Argonaut for some time. Everytime we go...it's just a bit too rich for our blood. I was really spoiled by a corporate friends and family rate for a long time. It was especially bad this time and I am guessing, due to the America's cup. We were bummed though! Instead we jsut make the rounds of the other Kimpton properties...for research purposes...

and the free happy hour

:thumbsup2

So you and I will go and visit the Tea Garden and leave them to crazy bike rides. I'd do a tandem again but honestly would vastly prefer a hike of some sort.

Sadly we've not actually been able to stay at the Argonaut for some time. Everytime we go...it's just a bit too rich for our blood. I was really spoiled by a corporate friends and family rate for a long time. It was especially bad this time and I am guessing, due to the America's cup. We were bummed though! Instead we jsut make the rounds of the other Kimpton properties...for research purposes...

and the free happy hour

:thumbsup2

Sounds good to me! :goodvibes

I love to bike ride- but not crazy about serious inclines- other than that, I could go for 20 miles.:thumbsup2

And I LIKE those Kimptons! The original one we wanted was in Union Sq- Hotel Triton. It has a Hagen Dazs Suite with a freezer that has unlimited ice cream. It has enough beds for 4, but only 2 can stay in the room- that's how all their rooms are, max 2, so we had to pass. But if I had scored the HD Suite, I would have OFFICIALLY won BEST Mom of the YEAR!!!! :hyper: :rotfl: They have a few other funky suites- including a Jerry Garcia Suite. Looks like a very cool place- that I will never see! HA! :rotfl:

It all worked out- the room we had at the Hyatt was VERY large, and it had that great balcony we made plenty of use of. :thumbsup2 Plus the Regency Club offerings were FABULOUS. I think we would always stay there-:)

Sounds good to me! :goodvibes

I love to bike ride- but not crazy about serious inclines- other than that, I could go for 20 miles.:thumbsup2

And I LIKE those Kimptons! The original one we wanted was in Union Sq- Hotel Triton. It has a Hagen Dazs Suite with a freezer that has unlimited ice cream. It has enough beds for 4, but only 2 can stay in the room- that's how all their rooms are, max 2, so we had to pass. But if I had scored the HD Suite, I would have OFFICIALLY won BEST Mom of the YEAR!!!! :hyper: :rotfl: They have a few other funky suites- including a Jerry Garcia Suite. Looks like a very cool place- that I will never see! HA! :rotfl:

It all worked out- the room we had at the Hyatt was VERY large, and it had that great balcony we made plenty of use of. :thumbsup2 Plus the Regency Club offerings were FABULOUS. I think we would always stay there-:)

Ah yes, the suites! We have been lucky enough to be upgraded twice to them. Once in Seattle to the EMP suite. I can't find the pictures and it's killing me! They have to be here somewhere...need to dig.

The other...to the "Wicked" suite, at the Serrano in SF. Both upgrades were on our annual anniversary "date" so we will see if we get one this year at the Monaco! Our last 2 Kimpton stays have been upgradeless...but it also wasn't our anniversary.

Check out the Wicked Suite

this was slightly creepy

and the anniversary treat in our room

LOVE Kimpton

OMG, that room is amazing!!!! I love love love Wicked!

Jill in CO

It was killing me, I can't find my pictures but seriously, check this out. We about died. I'd booked a regular room!

Entry way

Behind the desk

Dining room

Living Room

Bedroom

We are booked at the Monaco in 2 weeks for our anniversary...wish us luck!

Great trip report!!!!! That bike ride sounds crazy.... I don't like riding in the city. I love reading about other people's trips to my home town.

Cynthia! Those suites are INCREDIBLE!!!! I did not realize they had all these cool suites all over the place- can't wait to see what you get for your anniversary! pixiedust:pixiedust: Thanks for sharing!

Great trip report!!!!! That bike ride sounds crazy.... I don't like riding in the city. I love reading about other people's trips to my home town.

At the end we rode the bikes back from the ferry- it was rush hour- kind of hairy! :scared: I DID enjoy riding on the bike paths, when we were on them though-:thumbsup2

wow I'm behind on this one. I need to catch up. Love cali

Great talking to you and catching up yesterday!

Sausalito is a GORGEOUS town- our plan was to take the ferry back later, and I knew that was the first thing we had to do- but we (ok- I) asked at the dock, and all the tokens for bikes were distributed for the rest of the day- so we would just have to wait our turn. Bummer. Ideally what should happen is that you get a token for the trip back, and then as a token holder you can get on the ferry first before the long line of people waiting with their bikes. They only dole out so many tokens a day, and they only allow so many bikes on each ferry. Soooo.....we would be on that line.

I don't care. We found a place to park our bikes, and while the 3 men (spelled IDIOTS) hemmed and hawed over how to best lock their bikes, I took care of mySELF and locked mine up. Then I said, "I'm going for ice cream." And walked away.

I just didn't give a %$*!. (Feel free to insert your favorite 4 letter expletive here. All work well.):rotfl:

Ya see, in Sausalito, right by the dock, there is a little ice cream shop. It is the same name as the ice cream shop they have in Kauai, where we enjoyed the greatest ice cream in our lives as often as we could- Lappert's. :cloud9: Now, this Lappert's in Sausalito is not related to the Lappert's in Hawaii- BUT- ya could have fooled me. They had Kauai Pie and Kona coffee fudge, so that was plenty good enough for me.

I got there and there were no lines- I marched right up to the counter and said- make mine a double.

Ohhhh...soooooooo goooood!!

As I was taking my first bite, a crowd came in, along with the men (spelled IDIOTS). What kind of ice cream should I get? Says Pods.

If you want to know what my answer was, refer back to the bicycle lock paragraph. Again, all 4 letter expletives work here as well.:rolleyes1

Eventually, timmy got vanilla with a sprinkle cone-

Love that they have free ice cream for military!

Can't remember what flavor Ty got-

You know we don't care what this guy had-

I told them I was going shopping, and left them sitting there while I went looking for a tshirt (it actually was a SF tshirt that I bought!).

Then we all walked over to try to get on a ferry. Past this park-

We would not get on this ferry, but we would get on the next one. we were allowed to park our bikes in the line, and wander around for a bit before it was time to officially get on line.

If I thought I could have walked in them, I would have bought them!

The park-

Waiting for our turn- I took this just because I wanted to record the guy playing the Sitar- such a SF instrument!

click to play-

FINALLY, it was our turn, and we sailed away. Bye bye Sausalito- hope to visit you again one day, and hope I am in a MUCH better place when I do!

The ferry drops off, ironically, right where we were staying (ie- the Ferry Building)- but we still needed to ride the bikes back to Fisherman's wharf. So off we went. It was rush hour, and it was PACKED!! Kind of hairy riding back.
But we did finally make it, returned our bikes, and then took a cable car back. Very good idea to get the cable car at the start of the line- there was an empty one we got on there and all sat down. It was VERY quickly packed in a just a few stops.

See? Empty! Nice!

We hopped off a little before our stop- to be honest, by the time we were going to get off, it was SO packed, we didn't know how long it would take us to get to the exit, so we wanted to be safe!

Once back to the hotel, we decided to go up to the Regency Club- it was Happy Hour- before we went out to dinner at Pier 23.

You'll have to wait to see how that turns out..... But let's just say you can count on the fact that $4 glasses of wine at the honor bar WORK WONDERS!:rotfl2:

I have an entire list of words that could fill that blank! :rotfl2:

Sausalito is gorgeous! That ice cream looks super yummy.

Who cares if you can walk in the shoes, just buy them! They are super cute!

And $4 glasses of wine ALWAYS improves my mood!

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter