• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Adventure Rope Drop?

WeatherbySwann

DIS Veteran
How have crowd patterns been over the past week for Incredicoaster? Is it best to head there first at rope drop, or get a FP?

We will be there Thursday, July 12 and wondering how what the best touring plan should be for trying to hit Guardians/RSR/Incredicoaster. Is there a better order than another? Does it matter? We will have MaxPass.

Also how early would you all recommend arriving at DCA prior to park open? (Opens at 9 that day.)

Get to gate hour before opening so you are in front of herd. Get Max Pass immediate as walking to ride Guardians. Get Max Pass for RSR. Get FP for IncrediCoaster as soon as waiting time is up from booking RSR Pass. Easy breezy. Book FP for Soarin as soon as you are able. Rides rest as Stand by making Toy story top priority followed by Goofys sky school because lines build for them.

I have been recommending rope drop because of how often it has been down. Watched it be down 2+ hours the day after it opened, seeing 120 minute waits on none MMs within a half hour of rope drop. I am personally avoiding anything on PP until the fall myself. It has made DL a *lot* quieter this summer ;)

Get to gate hour before opening so you are in front of herd. Get Max Pass immediate as walking to ride Guardians. Get Max Pass for RSR. Get FP for IncrediCoaster as soon as waiting time is up from booking RSR Pass. Easy breezy. Book FP for Soarin as soon as you are able. Rides rest as Stand by making Toy story top priority followed by Goofys sky school because lines build for them.
We did something similar to this on Monday. FP for RSR with a return time of 8:15, rope dropped GotG (we were off by 8:07), checked in for RSR and got FP for Incredicoaster (9:10 return), then rode Soarin' standby with a ten-minute wait. We'd ridden all four by 9:30. We could easily have gotten FP for Goofy or TSMM after our IC FP, but we had other plans.

keep in mind there is also a rope at ariels, which has a lot less people. They sync the drop to music so they both go at the same time

Also keep in mind, the last 3 days I was there at rope drop, Incredicoaster was down. A lot of people line up for it (it has been opening soon after park opening) but the line for the FP is extremely short. Last 2 times, the FP time came up before the ride started letting passengers on.

Gotcha. So sounds like going straight to Guardians is the way we'll go, and get FP for RSR first then FP IC to give it time to get itself together for the morning :o

This was all super helpful - thanks!

Has TSMM been opening on time? That seems to be the one we have historically had trouble with at park opening.
From what I've seen, yes. I did it first thing when the pier opened and waited less than 5 minutes. Today I did it with an 8:30 am maxpass, and it looked like it had been running since opening.

Does Guardians have a chicken exit inside? I know that I'll ride it but my friend may end up backing out after we are inside so we want to know if there is an exit incause she does chicken out at the last minute.

Do not ride an attraction that offers FP. Ride the attractions that do not offer FP first.

My Rope Drop recommendation for 9am opening...
- Arrive at park entrance by 830am
- Once inside the park use MP to get FP for Radiator Springs Racers.
9am-930am: Head to Cars Land and ride Mater's Junkyard Jamboree , then Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters.
930am-10am: Head to Bugsland and ride the attractions in this area.
10am-11am: Grab FP for Guardians. Head to Pixar Pier and ride in this order Pal Around, Goofy's, Jellyfish, Zephyr, and Symphony
11am-1230pm: use FP for Racers, ride Monsters Inc., grab FP for Incredicoaster, use FP for Guardians.
1230pm: Lunch
130pm-4pm: Grab FP for Toy Story, ride Little Mermaid, use FP for Incredicoaster, Grab FP for Soarin, waste some time, use FP for Toy Story, grab FP Grizzly, use FP for Soarin, then use FP for Grizzly

You are going to have to waste some time in between FPs, that's when you meet the characters, see a show, or have a snack.

ME

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter