California Adventure is FUN!

Tower of Terror, California Soarin and Grizzly River Run.. although my boys spend a lot of time at the tortilla factory getting the free warm tortillas.

Tower of Terror...Screamin...Grizzly River...Soarin..Electrical Parade are not to be missed...but for me....Alladin was unbeliveable...The guy who plays the Genie sounds like Robin Williams and is every bit as funny..I highly recommend...no make that a can't miss...that show alone makes CA well worth the time...DON"T MISS IT

FOUR GREAT RIDES:
Soarin over CALIF - do NOT miss that!!!
California Screamin - same as Aerosmith's Rockin Roller Coaster but all outside...
Grizzly Rapids (better be hot and you are wanting to get wet!!)
Tower of Terror
lots more things for younger kids - but with my DS14 - these are our favs!!! If you have the passes where you can back & forth from each park each day - that's a great way to do both parks!!!

We really enjoyed DCA also. The headliners there are fantastic-- Screamin', Soarin', Grizzly River Run, Tower of Terror. Aladdin was great the first time we saw it and very good the second time (different cast made a big difference). I am glad I saw the electrical parade to say I did it, and it was pretty good, but I wouldn't wait around a long time for a seat for it.

I think what is lacking there is an interesting theme-- California Adventure is just blah. They could also use some better 'filler' rides. Maliboomer and Orange Stinger are pretty good, Mulholland Madness is medium and then that's about it. Oh the challenge trail is well done and can be fun for the kids.

The animation area was enjoyable and interesting, but it doesn't seem like there are enough of those type of places to explore.

Because of the four great rides there (and AAA multifastpass) we probably had a better time at DCA than at DL itself, and it was especially convenient staying at the GCH. But the park is a bit insubstantial beyond the headliners.

My son and I played the 'carnival' type games on the boardwalk. He won a Finding Nemo lookalike fish, and a few other small toys. They were expensive little stuffed animals! But it was fun to do while the others were on the California Screamin'

And let me tell you, the CM's minding the games didn't look or act at all like the "carnies' that come to the yearly fair here!! :rotfl:

Yes, DCA is fun. I think if you compare to it to Disney MGM Studios you'll begin to see what a great park this ugly duckling has turned out to be.

Albertan mom said:
My son and I played the 'carnival' type games on the boardwalk. He won a Finding Nemo lookalike fish, and a few other small toys. They were expensive little stuffed animals! But it was fun to do while the others were on the California Screamin'

And let me tell you, the CM's minding the games didn't look or act at all like the "carnies' that come to the yearly fair here!! :rotfl:

My cousin loved the boardwalk area of Paradise Pier. While my other cousins went on Screamin', she & I took the baby and played the games - yeah, they're a little expensive, but you're guaranteed to win on some of them, so for $2 your little one is guaranteed a souvenir -- we charge that much for our church carnivals.

She & I got a little competitive playing the dolphin race, and when my other cousins got off the coaster, they came & played, too. I had a lot of fun there, lôôking at the midway through someone else's eyes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter