Calif Grill and fireworks

dkrauss

Goofy Fan from Jersey
I was wondering whats the best reservation time for viewing the MK fireworks?

Better during dinner or after dinner?

Doug

The conventional wisdom is that you should schedule your reservation for 60-90 minutes before the fireworks begin. I prefer to visit off peak times, though. The first seating has been good to us in the past. You can go back up to watch the fireworks, but I think they're best viewed from inside the park anyway.

It really doesn't matter My husband and I enjoy watching the fireworks during the meal. If you tell your sever that this is your plan they will time your meal accordingly. We are doing that this upcoming May 7th.

We've already planned the fireworks in the park day..........looking for something different. Appreciate the info........1 last thing the show on the 7 Seas Lagoon.......can that be seen from the CG too?

Thanks again for the info.

Doug:cool1:

We like to schedule ADR for the time that the fireworks start. We check in down stairs 20-25 min before firework time. Go upstairs get our buzzer and a drink from the bar. We then go out on the deck and watch fireworks. We have done this 3 times. 2 times our buzzer has gone off with in minutes of the fireworks ending. The other time we were seated and place our order in time to got watch the show. Within 5 minutes of the fireworks ending our appetizer arrived. It seems like a lot of tables leave as soon as the show is over and we have a nice quiet meal. We do not have kids so the late time works perfect for us.

I like to schedule my ADR so it's about an 75-90 minutes before the fireworks are slated to start. I tell the server I want to see the show and they help pace the meal so that I'm between entrees and dessert when it's time for the show. I go out to the observation deck to watch and then afterwards, return to my table and have dessert.

1 last thing the show on the 7 Seas Lagoon.......can that be seen from the CG too?

Yes, but not very well. The CG is so high up, meaning you'll see the show from a distance. You can kind of hear it, but it's much better if you see at water level. This is the view from CG:
DSC_0787_1.jpg

Recently, we had 7:30 p.m. reservations when Wishes was showing at
9:30 p.m. We did not order appetizers, and we ordered entrees around 7:35 p.m. and dessert around 8:30 p.m. We were on the patio watching wishes just in time after dessert was served (and eaten). Perfect for us.

My son and I ate at Cali grill in September. Our Ressie was 5:35pm.
Wishes was at 8pm.

By the time we got seated, got drinks, looked over the menu, it was a little after 6 by the time we ordered our entire meals.

We had the whole meal...apps, entree, dessert, and it was paced perfectly.

We were just finishing dessert shortly before Wishes was due to start.
We finished up, closed our check with the server and went outside on the viewing deck and waited for Wishes to start.

No matter what time you have dinner at Cali grill, even if you finish earlier, all you need to do is show your receipt for dinner. They let you go back up to go out on the deck for fireworks viewing.

I have a ressie at Cali Grill on my birthday in March, at 5:10pm but Wishes isn't until 10pm that night, so I'm going to go back to MK
and watch from in the park, and finish out the rest of my birthday.

Yes, but not very well. The CG is so high up, meaning you'll see the show from a distance. You can kind of hear it, but it's much better if you see at water level.

Thanks so much for the photo........great information. We're staying at the WL during our trip we'll need to find a night where we can be ground level for the water parade.

Thanks so much for the photo........great information. We're staying at the WL during our trip we'll need to find a night where we can be ground level for the water parade.

My husband I own at the Villas, we make an effort to go down to the beach every night to watch the parade. It's rather nostalgic for us. We watched it at the Poly, on our honeymoon, 26 years ago.

We had an 8pm reservation for 10pm wishes. Our waiter times things out perfectly for us, we had a drink and cheese board, then salads, then entree's, way too full for dessert. Watched from our table which was at the window. Planning the same timing next trip with our adult kids, may watch from balcony depending on table location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter