• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cali grill window seat

nalia

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We are going to WDW in February and I would like to have dinner at California Grill and watch the firework show from inside at a window table if we can. Wishes is scheduled for 8pm. Right now we have an option of 5:50 or 7:05 for reservation time. I hear they always seat late so thinking we should do 5:50 and that would allow us some wait time for a chance at a window seat. What would you do?

I'd go with the 5:50. Even if seated on time, you can take your time with your meal & stay long enough to see the fireworks.

It's not enough to ask for a window seat. There are south facing windows that have no fireworks view. You have to ask for a fireworks view that are west facing windows.

Also, don't count on it. Everyone going there wants the fireworks view. Getting up and going to one of the decks is actually a better view.

It's not enough to ask for a window seat. There are south facing windows that have no fireworks view. You have to ask for a fireworks view that are west facing windows.

Also, don't count on it. Everyone going there wants the fireworks view. Getting up and going to one of the decks is actually a better view.

I agree with this suggestion. But if your heart is set on trying, I would do the 5:50

I would do the 7:05. I've never had to wait too long for my ADR and the California Grill. Ten minutes or so. Also, you don't need to be right by the window to have a great view of the fireworks.

California Grill opens at 5:00. All the window tables will most likely be filled with people who have ADRs between 5:00 and 5:30. We've been twice, with 5:15 and 5:30 ADRs respectively and got MK view window seats both times; we checked in early and didn't request the tables, but were happily surprised. We got very lucky. By 5:45, if not sooner on both occasions, all those tables were seated. It's also unlikely any tables will be turning over before 6:00, though not impossible. So I don't know that a 5:50 ADR will get you what you want. You probably have a slightly better shot at 7:00, but even that isn't great odds. Dinner at California Grill takes a while. People linger and many ask for window tables. All that being said, I'd do as others have suggested and focus on seeing the fireworks from the viewing deck. It's actually better outside than from inside with the glare of restaurant lights and chatter of diners. Choose the ADR time that works best for when you actually want to eat and enjoy your meal!

The view from either balcony is much better than any of the window seats. Pick whichever reservation time works for your schedule and plan to walk outside for the fireworks. I actually believe CMs are more likely to seat people who don't request a window seat at the windows because it feels like pixie dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter