• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cali grill walk up?

kschafer

DIS Veteran
I have been planning my May trip for the last 5 months but because of recent changes, I have had to give up my CG ADR. I am still really wanting to eat there and I am checking every day for ADR's.

I will be solo my first night. Do you think if I arrive close to 5:00 (flight gets in at 2:45 so it may be a bit later than 5) and ask to sit at the counter, I could get a seat for 1?

I haven't been there, so please correct me if I am wrong...they have some sort of seating that overlooks the kitchen or maybe just a bar? I'm not positive

Hi,

No one here can tell you with any certainty, but it sure wouldn't hurt to try. Good luck!

You really can't say but if you have nothing else planed I would give it a shot.
Good luck lovr Cali Grill :thumbsup2

I would think you would be able to sit at the bar & eat, especially since you are solo & going early. In fact, I'd be surprised if you couldn't.

I know that nobody can say with certainty but I was hoping that this may be something they do regularly. I was assuming the seats at the bar aren't figured into their reservation system so if a single person shows up before it gets too busy, I could get in. I do have another ADR that evening but don't want to spend too much time travelling between resorts, I'd rather spend that extra time in the parks :goodvibes:

thanks for your input!

You are more than likely to get a seat in the bar/lounge if you arrive when they open. Even if you have to wait a bit before they start seating, then you should be able to snag a lounge table, possibly one with a Magic Kingdom view. Once they start the first seatings for the night the lounge empties out fast.

California Grill starts serving food at 5:30, not 5, but you can go up early and wait for seating to start to grab a good lounge seat, and they will get you a drink.

California Grill is one of the few places at WDW that has a penalty if you don't show up for an ADR. Consequently people do cancel their ADR's a day or two before. So, my advice is to call 48 and then again 24 hours in advance of when you want to go and see if by some chance a reservation has freed up. Last trip we ended up cancelling an ADR at the California Grill. So you never know, it's worth a try. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter