• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cali Grill or Flying Fish?

travelbuffnj

Mouseketeer
We are deciding btwn Cali Grill/Wishes or Flying FishF/Osborne Lights for a Sat night dinner in Nov. We will have already seen Wishes from Narcoossees earlier in the trip but I do love the view of Wishes from CG. We have never seen OL before and we are staying at the Swan so we are thinking of keeping it easy, seeing OL around 7 during Fantasmic and then having dinner around 8 at FF. We already have an ADR for CG but there is one available for FF at 7:55 so we could switch it up. What would you do? Thanks in advance. :)

I love both California Grill and Flying Fish so you really cannot make a bad choice - however since you are staying at the Swan and Flying Fish is having a major refurb next year I would lean towards FF :thumbsup2

I vote for Flying Fish, and also Osborne Lights. Flying Fish is near the top of my list for all Disney restaurants. California Grill just wasn't that memorable for me. Of course, I also have access to the Top of the World Lounge, so maybe I place less importance on the viewing aspect.

Have eaten at FF twice, first, wonderful meal, second good but so so experience. Have eaten at Cali grill once, food was good, but experience not. I would highly recommend not doing a late res. to watch the fireworks, that's what everyone does. got there 20 min. early for res. was seated an hour and 15 minutes later. Packed, noisy, hectic, no place to sit and wait. I would highly recommend FF. Food and atmosphere was very good.

I've never eaten at Flying Fish, but I'm thinking about canceling an Ohana reservation to try it. I would vote for it because this is the last year for Osborne Lights. They are amazing!

Hmmmmm, the chaos/wait may be the deciding factor. Our ADR at CG isn't until 8:55 and Wishes is at 10. I can see my family being very cranky. We would probably take cabs both ways too which is something to consider. Leaning more and more toward FF. Would be nice to have 2 new experiences btwn OL and a Signature we haven't tried. Thanks for all the advice!!

We are deciding btwn Cali Grill/Wishes or Flying FishF/Osborne Lights for a Sat night dinner in Nov. We will have already seen Wishes from Narcoossees earlier in the trip but I do love the view of Wishes from CG. We have never seen OL before and we are staying at the Swan so we are thinking of keeping it easy, seeing OL around 7 during Fantasmic and then having dinner around 8 at FF. We already have an ADR for CG but there is one available for FF at 7:55 so we could switch it up. What would you do? Thanks in advance. :)
Hhhmmmm……

I'm not a big fan of Cali Grill, but would still typically recommend it over Flying Fish.

However, once you include the last year of Orborne Lights - I vote Flying Fish.

Personally, I prefer BlueZoo to Flying Fish (and it's a marginally shorter walk to HS).

Food is way better at Flying Fish than Cali Grill but I love the atmosphere of Cali grill I'd have a real hard time choosing between them.

Hhhmmmm……

I'm not a big fan of Cali Grill, but would still typically recommend it over Flying Fish.

However, once you include the last year of Orborne Lights - I vote Flying Fish.

Personally, I prefer BlueZoo to Flying Fish (and it's a marginally shorter walk to HS).

I agree. FF is a good restaurant but unless you are encumbered by the DDP, Blue Zoo is even better.

Flying Fish would be my choice. It was one of my favorite meals this past trip. The only thing that kept it from being my favorite was the old lady who was opening the door for us. She held the door from the inside and didn't open it for us, then gave us the stink eye. Not sure why, unless she doesn't like kids, as we had our one year old with us. Best revenge was enjoying a great meal and having my son be very well behaved. I think he ate 1/3 of my meal, he enjoyed it so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter