Cali Grill on DDP

robhammer

Earning My Ears
Will be in WDW from 31st May on DDP and going through dining reservations to double check they will tie in with my plans for visiting the parks, I have a reservation at the California Grill which takes 2 dining credits and would like to ask if anyone knows if dining plan covers just a main course and dessert or do they allow you to order flatbread or sushi as part of the dining credit

Regular DDP just entree, dessert and non alcoholic drink
DxDDP has appy, entree, dessert and non alcoholic drink..

We were on DDP and just ordered an appy OOP and shared..

OOPs Sorry I jumped to conclusions.. Idk about ordering appys as your entree, hopefully someone else can answer..

Regular DDP just entree, dessert and non alcoholic drink
DxDDP has appy, entree, dessert and non alcoholic drink..

We were on DDP and just ordered an appy OOP and shared..

OOPs Sorry I jumped to conclusions.. Idk about ordering appys as your entree, hopefully someone else can answer..

No you were right first time. most menus have apps then entrees but Cali grill has flatbreads sushi and first course, as its 2 credits I wasn't sure if just getting a main course and dessert was worth the 2 credits, will probably keep the reservation and pay oop for any extras as I would like one signature meal during my stay

No you were right first time. most menus have apps then entrees but Cali grill has flatbreads sushi and first course, as its 2 credits I wasn't sure if just getting a main course and dessert was worth the 2 credits, will probably keep the reservation and pay oop for any extras as I would like one signature meal during my stay

Quite honestly, you are much better off paying for the whole meal OOP and saving the 2 extra TS credits for 2 extra meals. Our bill back in October (2 of us) ran us about $160 or so, which included 1 order of sushi, 2 entrees, 1 dessert, 2 soft drinks, a couple of cocktails, coffee and tea. Using 2 TS credits, valued at $35-$40 per credit (a total of $140-$160) will only get you 2 entrees, 2 non-alcoholic beverages and 2 desserts. IMO, it just doesn't pay to use 2 TS credits on a signature meal while using the DDP (DxDP is a different story).

Quite honestly, you are much better off paying for the whole meal OOP and saving the 2 extra TS credits for 2 extra meals. Our bill back in October (2 of us) ran us about $160 or so, which included 1 order of sushi, 2 entrees, 1 dessert, 2 soft drinks, a couple of cocktails, coffee and tea. Using 2 TS credits, valued at $35-$40 per credit (a total of $140-$160) will only get you 2 entrees, 2 non-alcoholic beverages and 2 desserts. IMO, it just doesn't pay to use 2 TS credits on a signature meal while using the DDP (DxDP is a different story).

Thanks for suggestion:worship:
Its me and my son who is on the childrens dining plan, I will work out anticipated cost as I will probably order some wine and we will share a flatbread to start, We are there for 7 nights so using 2 credits leaves me a meal short and i will have one meal to pay for oop as it is, with dining plan you sometimes look at the most expensive item on the menu rather than what you want so using 2 credits may not be the best thing to do

Thanks for suggestion:worship:
Its me and my son who is on the childrens dining plan, I will work out anticipated cost as I will probably order some wine and we will share a flatbread to start, We are there for 7 nights so using 2 credits leaves me a meal short and i will have one meal to pay for oop as it is, with dining plan you sometimes look at the most expensive item on the menu rather than what you want so using 2 credits may not be the best thing to do

In your situation last year what I did was paid for my sons meal (he was 11 yrs old but ordered kids meal at cali grill) out of pocket, and used the DP for my own meal. By paying for his OOP, it gave us 2 extra TS credits to use another time. Bonus! :cool1:

This time I think he'd want the adult meal at citrico's, havent decided if i want to pay OOP for the whole thing or use DP. :scratchin

I was on the DXDP the last time I went to California Grill, but I would assume the choices are the same. The server said that the two most expensive sushi items (Yoshie's Deluxe Sushi Platter and the Dragon Roll) could be ordered as entrees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter