• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cali Grill ADR too early for fireworks?

KatyTheFairyPrincess

DIS Veteran
So I've booked California Grill for my Mums 60th birthday, at the time of booking I had an 8.15pm ressie but of course the internet connection failed and I lost the time slot. By the time I got back online all that was left was a 7.20pm, I'm thinking this is way too early to drag out so that we can watch the fireworks (at 10pm), and now at 4 weeks out I'm panicked that my Mums meal will be a bit of a flop.

Any ideas? Due to working on a cruise ship I've only been able to make arrangements this week and of course I can't get anything better any where :confused3

You can come back on the same night, the waitstaff will explain. You can go downstairs and do some shopping in the Contemporary shops, or take a monorail trip, and then come back upstairs for the fireworks.

As the PP said, as long as you're dined at CA Grill that night you can come back to watch the fireworks. Make sure you keep your receipt and you'll be asked to show that to re-gain entrance to CA Grill.

With a 7:20 reservation, I do think you'll be hard pressed to stretch out the meal until 10:00 pm. Most Signature meals take about 90-120 minutes in my experience.

With a 7:20 reservation, I do think you'll be hard pressed to stretch out the meal until 10:00 pm. Most Signature meals take about 90-120 minutes in my experience.

Unless CA has gotten better since Last Sept I will say we spent significantly linger than 120 minutes there - service was horrible and we were there FOREVER. It was bad enough that even though I have been every single trip up to now we are sitting CA grill out this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter