Cali Grill $502/person NYE Advance Payment

california-grill-07.jpg

Celebrate New Year’s Eve with Fireworks at California Grill!
Welcome the arrival of 2016 with a delicious feast—as you thrill to a spectacular view of fireworks! Read More
Welcome the arrival of 2016 with a delicious feast—as you thrill to a spectacular view of fireworks!

This elegant gala is a dine-around style event with food stations set up throughout the restaurant. A complimentary Call Brand Bar is available in addition to wine poured by the glass up until midnight. And expect lots of entertainment—including appearances by some of your favorite Characters such as Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Baby New Year!

Important Information

Here are some details about this festive dining event that you need to know:

• There is only one seating at 8:00 PM.
  • A dinner jacket is required for men (tie optional) and a dress or pants ensemble is required for women.
  • The entertainment—including Characters—is subject to change without notice.
  • This event must be paid in advance. The cost is $665.63, with tax and gratuity included.
  • Cancellations must be made 2 days in advance of this event to avoid forfeiting the full charged amount.
  • This event may be booked online.

WOW!! NYE is our anniversary but I could never bring myself to book that....that is crazy!!! I would love to see pics and reviews of this event even though we would never book it as I'm curious as what is offered for that price...lol... Better be toasting with some very high end champagne ;)

I almost found out the hard way that they are offering this event on December 30th as well. My parents live in Kissimmee and I have access to their account so I like to book surprise ADRs for them. Well....when I found out the NYE fireworks will also be on the 30th I thought they might enjoy viewing them from CG since we enjoyed it so much on the 3rd of July. With fingers crossed I do a quick search (this is after 180) and lucky me a 7:30 pops up! I go about booking as usual, hit reserve and it comes back that the card has been declined. What?! I read further...with what card would I like them to charge $1200...yeah...none of the above, thank you. Funny thing is, the usual red text that pops up for prepaid meals did not pop up for this.

I almost found out the hard way that they are offering this event on December 30th as well. My parents live in Kissimmee and I have access to their account so I like to book surprise ADRs for them. Well....when I found out the NYE fireworks will also be on the 30th I thought they might enjoy viewing them from CG since we enjoyed it so much on the 3rd of July. With fingers crossed I do a quick search (this is after 180) and lucky me a 7:30 pops up! I go about booking as usual, hit reserve and it comes back that the card has been declined. What?! I read further...with what card would I like them to charge $1200...yeah...none of the above, thank you. Funny thing is, the usual red text that pops up for prepaid meals did not pop up for this.
I think that's a glitch. Every time I search for a California Grill reservation on 12/30, the next page says 12/31. I doubt they're open until midnight on the 30th.

I think that's a glitch. Every time I search for a California Grill reservation on 12/30, the next page says 12/31. I doubt they're open until midnight on the 30th.

I don't know, I just tried to find out more information and there isn't much of anything, but I did the search again on the 30th and that same 7:30 time comes up stating above the time oval that it's for the 30th. I hope for the sake of the rest of us peasants that it is a glitch. I never knew the NYE fireworks were also on the 30th. It doesn't matter now anyway for me at least as my parents are going to my sister's in VA for Christmas. Sigh. I had to cancel their Christmas day BOG dinner, too. And their CG Hallowishes as they have friends coming into town. I try...

But I did manage to change their Teppan Edo to Garden Grill for the 8:15 processional with Neil Patrick Harris. Now that one I know they're going to keep as they both took the day off work already.

I'm actually a bit surprised CG doesn't have a special prepaid event on the 4th of July as well. I should keep my mouth shut, lol.

I don't know, I just tried to find out more information and there isn't much of anything, but I did the search again on the 30th and that same 7:30 time comes up stating above the time oval that it's for the 30th. I hope for the sake of the rest of us peasants that it is a glitch. I never knew the NYE fireworks were also on the 30th.
But once you click on the 7:30 oval, even though you searched for the 30th, the next screen says "December 31."
cali.JPG

...and back!

@supersnoop you are right.

Gotta click "view details," but it does drop down to say Dec. 31. This means this has been a glitch for a couple weeks now. That's bad. Well, another glitch to add to our library of glitches (which probably should be a sticky thread, lol). The unfortunate thing about this one is that it is potentially very costly for the guest, especially if using a debit card. Disney doesn't refund instantly.

I'm sure it's fabulous, but oh my... That price!

Added to my Disney bucket list though!!

california-grill-07.jpg

Celebrate New Year’s Eve with Fireworks at California Grill!
Welcome the arrival of 2016 with a delicious feast—as you thrill to a spectacular view of fireworks! Read More
Welcome the arrival of 2016 with a delicious feast—as you thrill to a spectacular view of fireworks!

This elegant gala is a dine-around style event with food stations set up throughout the restaurant. A complimentary Call Brand Bar is available in addition to wine poured by the glass up until midnight. And expect lots of entertainment—including appearances by some of your favorite Characters such as Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Baby New Year!

Important Information

Here are some details about this festive dining event that you need to know:

• There is only one seating at 8:00 PM.
  • A dinner jacket is required for men (tie optional) and a dress or pants ensemble is required for women.
  • The entertainment—including Characters—is subject to change without notice.
  • This event must be paid in advance. The cost is $665.63, with tax and gratuity included.
  • Cancellations must be made 2 days in advance of this event to avoid forfeiting the full charged amount.
  • This event may be booked online.

Guh. You can do ADRs at EPCOT in WS every three hours, see better fireworks and have the whole NYE party experience for way less than that. I think we spend roughly $500 a NYE at EPCOT, including park admission that day. And we go all out partying and that includes cabs to and from.

I love Cali Grill, but buffet food there and a "call" bar is not worth that cost per person. Restaurants in Times Square don't even charge that much - and they walk you out to a special area to watch the ball drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter