• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cake on the WDW main page??

PadmeNaberie

Mouseketeer
This is a random and silly question but does anyone know what the cake on the main WDW website page is, and where to get it?? It looks like chocolate mousse of some kind, with ice cream maybe?

It's VERY effective advertising :rotfl:

It's been asked before, interestingly. :)

I never replied because I didn't find the answer, but I spent some time looking at menus on allears, trying to see if there was anything that sounded remotely like it. Remotely, yes, but not exact.

If you find out, post it everywhere!

As bumbershoot said, there was another thread asking the same question not too long ago. Looks like it is the Chocolate Espresso Torte served at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs Resort:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3283376

from the food pics here at disboards it doesn't appear to be that torte from SSR :confused3

IMG_5693.jpg

I was interested in this too so I used the online chat to ask a CM about it. They told me that it was just a promotional picture used and that no restaurant at WDW carries it.

Guess I gave up on that other thread too soon!

I did just navigate through to SSR's Turf Club, and when you click to see the pictures that picture is the one.

Guess their plating has gone downhill, LOL. And where's the fruit sauce?

But you know...I'm staying at SSR in November and I am totally willing to go and order that torte, just to see. You know, for research. For the Dis. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter