Cake/ Dessert Delivery to Pop Century. Leaving in 2 days!

Shreggor

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I’m going to WDW in 2 days!! I’ve been to WDW before but my fiance has never been and I want to set it up so there were be a bunch of surprises waiting for him in the room when we get back from parks each night.

And I have no clue how to do this.

For our arrival on Saturday, I called Disney Florists and arranged for a champagne basket to be delivered.

I’m pretty annoyed that it can’t be just “waiting in the room” when we come back but I understand the law is the law and someone needs to sign for the liquor while actually IN the room. I was hoping I could just show my id at check in and then have them sneak it to the room while we were at dinner. :( But the front desk at Pop says no dice on that. So I guess that will just be delivered later that night. It just seems like it kills some of the magic if you have to go get it from the main building…

Question 1:
I hope there is not a cut off time for delivery…Does anyone know? We won’t be back in our room until probably 11:30 PM and leaving very early the next day for MK… Will they bring our basket to our room if we call at midnight?

Question 2:
I called GF bakery and they said they do not deliver their cakes and creations to POP.
I called POP bakery, but the lady I need to talk to was not there so I had to leave a message.
Does anyone know if POP bakery cakes can be delivered and “snuck into” the room while you are at the parks?

Question 3:
Does anyone know if pop bakery can make those awesome chocolate covered strawberries with the chocolate mickey? Can that be snuck into the room?

Question 4:
Have anyone ever had a custom cake made with a Lion King theme? My fiance loves LK and I would like to have some sort of LK theme on the cake? Do you think a LK cake could be added to our Jiko dinner? Who would I call for such a thing, as GF bakery doesn’t do this either…

And last but not least… Question 5:
Any other suggestions for things I can have placed in the room as a surprise when we get back each night? And how would I go about ordering those things before the trip…

Thank you!

The thing to keep in mind is this...according to what has been written about here, you have to order the cake at least 48 hrs in advance. You may have run out of time.

I just called and spoke to Grand Floridian bakery (will not deliver to anyone but GF and Poly).

AKL bakery (does not make specialty cakes for dinners at Jiko)

POP Century bakery (can do one non-specialty cake which I will probably end up doing). But I got annoyed with POP bakery because they told me that I could call Disney Florist to order chocolate covered strawberries to be delivered and then Dis Florist told me that was not the case and never has been the case. They were puzzled as to why the bakery told me to call them.

Dis Florist was also puzzled as to why POP wouldn't let *me* show my id and sign for the champagne at/after check in while my fiance was out of earshot and then have it brought to my room while we are at dinner. They told me that lots of the hotels will do that, no problem.

Every idea I have had so far seem to be un-doable and none of the places have said it was a time issue. I could understand a time issue. And I understand the GF bakery not delivering far away. I think I'm most annoyed at Jiko not doing a personalized cake with almost a full week's notice.

Does anyone know of any place that can do a personalized cake with Lion King characters??

Can't help you out on the cake ideas, but just wanted to prepare you, just in case. The first year we took our three kids to Disney we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. I had 2 Mickey hats and 1 Minnie hat embroidered with our kids names on them by disney florists. They were supposed to be in the room on the table when we arrived. While we were at check in, with the three children present, the man who was checking us in says oh there is something in the back for you, hold on one moment. He brings out the hats still wrapped in plastic and sets them on the counter. I said excuse me but they are supposed to be in our room when we walk in sitting on the table. He informed me that they don't do that...nothing like ruining the surprise for the kids. Good luck with your plans, I hope you have a wonderful time.

This is more a resorts question than a restaurant board question
moving thread for more views

The resorts won't deliver items to the room until after you have checked in - that's why the previous poster's "surprise" was ruined.

Call the Cake Hotline. The number is on the Cake Chatter Thread first post (there's a link in a prior post.) Ask what they can do about delivering cakes to a room in Pop Century. (Remember you won't be able to have one brought to the room until after you've checked in)

Call as soon as possible, because you don't have a lot of time.

I guess I'm just annoyed because Disney Florists really makes it come off like you will have what you order waiting for you in the room...

The resorts won't deliver items to the room until after you have checked in - that's why the previous poster's "surprise" was ruined.

Call the Cake Hotline. The number is on the Cake Chatter Thread first post (there's a link in a prior post.) Ask what they can do about delivering cakes to a room in Pop Century. (Remember you won't be able to have one brought to the room until after you've checked in)

Call as soon as possible, because you don't have a lot of time.

They told me that I had to be checked in first but they took all of the info for when I was planning to check in and the Dis Florist actually guaranteed me that it would be in the room by 8. I discovered on my own that because of the liquor it would not be. Understandable that someone needs to sign for it.

What I do not understand is why if I show my id at the front desk at check in and tell them there is a package waiting, and they know who my travel party is (me and my fiance, only. that's it. they can have his id too.) they can not then "sneak" the basket into my room (that they will be assigning to me) after we check in.

Dis Florist told me they do that all the time. :confused3

Part of the problem here, I think, is that you're looking for services that are typically only offered at the deluxe resorts. The cake and strawberry deliveries, for example, come from room service. The values don't offer room service, so there's no staff to deliver food of any kind to your room.

The resort 'bakeries' are not bakeries in the traditional sense (you order stuff and pick it up, or they deliver). They're part of the kitchens that serve that particular hotel. The GF bakery only produces cakes to be served at the GF's restaurants, or ordered through room service. At Pop, the bakery is part of the food court. You can buy special occasion cakes there, but nothing particularly fancy.

For surprises to be placed in the room each night, you'd need to go through Disney Florist, or one of the companies in the area (Gifts of a Lifetime, etc) that offer that service.

I was hoping I could just show my id at check in and then have them sneak it to the room while we were at dinner. But the front desk at Pop says no dice on that. So I guess that will just be delivered later that night.
So you know, you haven't actually spoken to the front desk at Pop Century. ALL calls go to a call center, where the operator identifies as "being" (at) the dialed resort.

Ask again AT the hotel; keep in mind, though, that delivery to the room ALWAYS depends on whether there is a CM available to act as "runner".

So you know, you haven't actually spoken to the front desk at Pop Century. ALL calls go to a call center, where the operator identifies as "being" (at) the dialed resort.

Ask again AT the hotel; keep in mind, though, that delivery to the room ALWAYS depends on whether there is a CM available to act as "runner".

Took the words right out of my mouth. The OP isn't actually speaking to anyone at POP. And the 'runners' at POP leave much to be desired...they aren't all that wonderful. I hate to sound this way, but it is a value resort. It's sometimes hard to get out of the ordinary amenities here. I know...been there, done that.

I would try to rebook a meal or two..then have the cake you want delivered to that restaurant. Perhaps Boma rather than Jiko? Or maybe book a meal at the GF Cafe?? I had my dd's 13th birthday cake there and it was wonderful.

Other than that, I would stick with stuff from Disney Florist...perhaps forget the alcohol basket, and go with something else.

I did just find this on the Disney Florist site..for those ordering 'adult' beverages for room delivery.....

Cheers to a Celebration! This Mickey-head keepsake basket features a duo of Banfi wine, Disney-themed glasses and Ghirardelli chocolates.
By Florida law, alcohol deliveries require a photo ID and signature by the guest, for the safety of minors. However, there’s no need to worry, if the guest is not in their room at the time of delivery, the resort will leave a message on their phone and they can just call the front desk when they return.

FYI, I have been going to WDW for a long time and I have stayed at Pop before and stayed at the concierge level at the Boardwalk. I'd say it's 50/50. I either stay at mods or deluxes.

I have never had a problem having packages I ship from the parks left in my hotel room, anywhere, in the evening (ie. buy something at Mouse Gears at 11 am, and later that night it's on your bed). So I guess I really don't see how having something shipped from Disney Florist is any different.

2 reps at Disney Florist told me they leave baskets with champagne in people's rooms all the time and that it doesn't matter if it's value or deluxe. They bring them to the hotel and the hotel brings the item to the room.

Yes, I called the direct line to Pop Century (not the reservations line) and was told that the person was at the front desk. Were they lying? If so, there is no excuse for that, whatever hotel you are staying at.

I called again yesterday afternoon and was told that not only will POP not bring it to my room unless we are present (even after seeing my id at the front desk) but also that we can't pick it up after 10 pm.

I wish I hadn't wasted over $100 on the basket because now I don't even know when we will get it. There won't be any "magic" of having it waiting in the room when we walk in around 7, and I don't want to skip our dinner reservation at 8 by waiting around for it.

I'm actually pretty annoyed that it's not made clear when you purchase these things that having it brought to your room is such a hassle. Or that you have to be staying in a deluxe to get it brought to your room. NO WHERE does it say that on Dis Florists site. No one at Dis Florists told me. And they all know where I was staying.

FYI, I have been going to WDW for a long time and I have stayed at Pop before and stayed at the concierge level at the Boardwalk. I'd say it's 50/50. I either stay at mods or deluxes.

I have never had a problem having packages I ship from the parks left in my hotel room, anywhere, in the evening (ie. buy something at Mouse Gears at 11 am, and later that night it's on your bed). So I guess I really don't see how having something shipped from Disney Florist is any different.

2 reps at Disney Florist told me they leave baskets with champagne in people's rooms all the time and that it doesn't matter if it's value or deluxe. They bring them to the hotel and the hotel brings the item to the room.

Yes, I called the direct line to Pop Century (not the reservations line) and was told that the person was at the front desk. Were they lying? If so, there is no excuse for that, whatever hotel you are staying at.

I called again yesterday afternoon and was told that not only will POP not bring it to my room unless we are present (even after seeing my id at the front desk) but also that we can't pick it up after 10 pm.

I wish I hadn't wasted over $100 on the basket because now I don't even know when we will get it. There won't be any "magic" of having it waiting in the room when we walk in around 7, and I don't want to skip our dinner reservation at 8 by waiting around for it.

I'm actually pretty annoyed that it's not made clear when you purchase these things that having it brought to your room is such a hassle. Or that you have to be staying in a deluxe to get it brought to your room. NO WHERE does it say that on Dis Florists site. No one at Dis Florists told me. And they all know where I was staying.
I'm truly not trying to be argumentative...but...

1. You do not get in room pkg delivery unless you are staying concierge level. It is not something that happens everywhere. In fact, if you buy something at Mousegears in the morning on a Monday, it isn't even going to be available at your resort gift shop until Tuesday evening. Only concierge stays are able to have in room pkg delivery..it isn't just a deluxe thing. I've stayed at BC, YC, BW(actually own there), Polynesian and CR...not once was I able to have my park purchases sent to my room directly.

2. Did you not see the disclaimer about alcohol delivery?? Again, just imagine what would happen to Disney if even though you showed your ID and signed for it, earlier in the day, they delivered the basket and a minor got it?? If they made a mistake and it was delivered to the wrong room? Again, not your fault but it could happen.

3. Even when calling from your room at a resort you aren't talking to the front desk in most cases. All calls go to a call center.

4. Again, it's a value resort and their 'runners' aren't working that late. It's miserable to try and get bags delivered at night...I can just imagine it would be nearly impossible to get anything else.

5. Then why not cancel the order??

6. I'm sorry you are just finding this out now. Yes, it's a pain, but it is what it is. You can have things left in your room...just not alcohol. And that's truly understandable. You can have other things left during the day. I have had it done. You do have to be checked in though..it can't be there waiting upon arrival. Again..it's only alcohol that can't be 'left' in a room...just about anything else is fine.

Took the words right out of my mouth. The OP isn't actually speaking to anyone at POP. And the 'runners' at POP leave much to be desired...they aren't all that wonderful. I hate to sound this way, but it is a value resort. It's sometimes hard to get out of the ordinary amenities here. I know...been there, done that.

I would try to rebook a meal or two..then have the cake you want delivered to that restaurant. Perhaps Boma rather than Jiko? Or maybe book a meal at the GF Cafe?? I had my dd's 13th birthday cake there and it was wonderful.

Other than that, I would stick with stuff from Disney Florist...perhaps forget the alcohol basket, and go with something else.

I did just find this on the Disney Florist site..for those ordering 'adult' beverages for room delivery.....

Cheers to a Celebration! This Mickey-head keepsake basket features a duo of Banfi wine, Disney-themed glasses and Ghirardelli chocolates.
By Florida law, alcohol deliveries require a photo ID and signature by the guest, for the safety of minors. However, there’s no need to worry, if the guest is not in their room at the time of delivery, the resort will leave a message on their phone and they can just call the front desk when they return.

So the two people who I spoke to when I called the main # for POP that I found in the POP Century thread on Disboards were lying about where they worked?

They told me they can leave a message on my machine but if we get back from dinner after 10, we can't pick it up till the morning. (flight lands at 5, ME assume we'll get to room by 7, dinner on Boardwalk at Shula's at 8) This defeats every purpose I wanted the gift basket to have and now I just want my money back.

Jiko (spoke to a woman named Virginia who told me she was at Animal Kingdom Lodge cake line) told me they only do standard cakes... they can not make any Disney characters or anything else special.

We just left Pop and can tell you-you did not call the front desk. You spoke to a call center. The front desk doesn't take calls. As far as packages being delivered to the room, it is rare. If you buy something and have it delivered to your resort-you have to go and pick it up. They do not deliver packages to the rooms.

We just left Pop and can tell you-you did not call the front desk. You spoke to a call center. The front desk doesn't take calls. As far as packages being delivered to the room, it is rare. If you buy something and have it delivered to your resort-you have to go and pick it up. They do not deliver packages to the rooms.

Well I'm not insane and I've been going to WDW since I was 7 (I'm in my mid 30's now) and numerous times have had stuff wind up on my bed that I bought in the parks. I guess that was just a fluke.

I can't cancel the order now. I actually called and asked them to switch the champagne with cider but it's too late.

When we were trying for stuff for Pop last year, the only things that could be brought into the room were the big "in room celebrations" from the florist. We did the Welcome from Mickey, and they came in and set it all up while we were out. That was the reason we bumped up to a more expensive gift package, for the surprise of it! But regular packages, nope. Everything, including stuff we bought in the parks) had to be picked up. Stuff from the parks was picked up at the gift shop.....

Sorry this is all happening so close to your trip.

Well I'm not insane and I've been going to WDW since I was 7 (I'm in my mid 30's now) and numerous times have had stuff wind up on my bed that I bought in the parks. I guess that was just a fluke.

It used to be an onsite perk to have packages delivered directly to your room. I believe they stopped that YEARS ago :confused3

Purchases made at parks/disney stores are now delivered to a central location at each resort for pick-up the next day. At the Poly, you had to go to the downstairs gift shop. This is different for concierge stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter