• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cake del. ?

I was told to give 48 hours notice but you need to deal with the resorts food court personnel and they should be able to help you - I hope this works as I am planning on doing this while we are there.

We're celebrating our girls birthdays at DW in 8 days. I just called the Poly's room service and had a cake, cards and balloons to be delivered when we arrive. Unfortunately, like everything else at Disney it's going to cost (IMHO) way too much money. $35 for a tiny 6 inch cake, 3 balloons (only latex) and a couple of pictures of Minnie.

I thinks it's absurd how much money they will be charging me. Do you know that the other times we've gone to DW that service used to be free?

Hmmmm.....although I LOVE Disney, it's all about money...it's a business.

I'm going to enjoy my trip nonetheless. Our budget is $6000 so I'm hoping we'll have a wheeeeeee of a time!!!!

Money is money - but to see an expression of a magical surprise on a childs (or adults) face is priceless :flower:

We have ordered from the WDW florist, welcome baskets for our DD & DS. When we arrived at the Contemporary - not only were we pleasantly surprised to find out we were bumped from the Wing to the Tower (driveway side), but when we opened the door to the room, on the table were our kids welcome baskets. Our kids were tired from traveling - but were on cloud 9 :cloud9: all day !

I have had several cakes sent to my parents for their anniversary when they go to WDW. But on these occasions, they have always stayed at a Deluxe. The times they stayed at a Moderate resort, I never ordered a cake but gift baskets from Disney florist. It was never delivered to the room but they had to pick it up from the gift shop. I don't know if they would deliver a cake to a moderate, best thing to do is to call Disney Dining and ask them. Good Luck and please let us know!

Chris :cool1:

You're very welcome! I'll be calling it pretty soon for my dd's cake in Dec. Hope you guys have a wonderful time!

I have heard that the GF bakery will not deliver to other resorts. I recently ordered an anniversary cake to be delivered to my room at SSR to surprise my husband. I called the 1-800 # for reservations and asked for the phone # at SSR. I called the resort and asked to be transfered to food services. When they answered I explained what I wanted and they had me hold for a chef. The chef told me that they would order it for me from the GF and go get it for me from them and deliver it to my room on the day I wanted it. He took my CC# over the phone (it still hasn't been charged as far as I know, maybe once we get there it will be). There were different size and flavor options to choose from. The cake for 6 people was I think about $12 and the cake for 8 people was $25. You may want to do a search on the restaurant forum or ask your question over there. I posted a more detailed version of how my cake ordering went on that forum last week. I had heard that you should order about 2 weeks before your trip. Have a fun trip! :wave:

Here is the cake I ordered for my son through Polynesian's in room dining.

IMG_1541.jpg

Here is my DS while we were celebrating his birthday!

IMG_1546.jpg

It was DEFINITELY worth the cost. He loved coming into the room and seeing the balloons, noisemakers and decorations!

va6.jpg

This is the mini wedding cake my DH ordered for me for my birthday/our anniversary. This was at Victoria and Albert's. I also had gotten my mom and dad an anniversary cake from the GF when we stayed there in 2001. It was DELICIOUS!

Have a great trip!

bballdiva said:
I was wondering the same ..I'm staying at POFQ. HELP PLEASE

I don't believe you can have them delivered except at deluxe and HAFH resorts. You can order one from the BW bakery and pick it up.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter