• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cajuns escape Mardi Gras and have tons of fun!

Oh my goodness! :worship: Your TR is so great!

I am planning our first ever trip to WDW and it has been great reading about your adventures, especially since I have two boys that are close to your boys' ages. You have given me some great ideas and insights. Did your kids get the passports in Epcot?

BTW, I just adored the BBB pictures and how delightful your daughter is with all of her outfits. No girlie :sad1: for me.... It must be just so magical to do all that princess stuff for all of you with girls.
But, I am happy with my two rowdy, noisy, overly energetic pirate: pirate: cherubs(?)....I know we will have a wonderful trip, just from a different perspective.

Thanks for sharing your trip. It helps keep me so excited :goofy: about our trip (even though it feels like it is a lifetime away).

Just remember... girls are a LOT MORE EXPENSIVE AT DISNEY :lmao: princess:
You will have a much cheaper trip without a princess:rolleyes1
I wish I could take the credit for this magical trip but really I had a great TA who helped me set it up. :goodvibes

I posted this on another thread but thought it would be good here too!

Here are some of the little things that my kids call their top 10 favs
DD6's favs
1. getting hugged by cinderella
2. making a wish at the castle and throwing her special penny in the moat.
3. playing in the maze at the UK
4. riding in the front of the monorail
5. Having 2 new best friends chip n dale (read my tr day 4 if you want more info on this hahah but it wasnt free as it was the garden grill)
6. Having tigger give her a flower
7. Meeting 2 Japanese tourist girls and becoming friends with them and exchanging small gifts with them.
8. Making friends with the Cm's in Morocco. They even are exchanging emails with eachother now
9. Meeting Capt Jack
10. When Cinderella left a signed card in our resort just for her.

DS10 top fav things
1. Seeing the Belly dancer in Morocco
2. Being picked to star in the lights motor action show (free but very rare)
3. He was amazed at the worldshow case! He isn't a academic so this surprised me. He pushed for us to spend an extra day just there! So many things to see and do if you go SLOW and stop and look around!
4. Candy lady in japan
5. Riding the front of the monorail
6. Trying to find hidden mickeys
7. trying to change into superman at the phonebooth in UK (ok so he is weird)
8. The illumination fireworks
9. pressed penny's
10 Meeting and flirting with the little mermaid

DS13 top 10 fav things
1. not free but he challenged himself to eat a pastry at each country around the showcase he made it to Germany and got a tummy ache but the free part was for the rest of the family as it was fun to watch him try
2. Getting a big old kiss from Alice (he has a crush on the Alice at the parks ..not the cartoon hehe)
3. hidden mickeys
4. The belly dancer (teenage boy... enough said)
5. Winning dream fast passes
6. Spending the morning with mom all to himself as the other 2 kids went with dad.
7. meeting Capt Jack
8. Fantasmic and Illuminations
9. The candy lady in Japan
10. Meeting the street characters at DHS

Sorry this kind of ran long but do you see what I am getting at here?
Its the little things that make the best Disney memories for your kids.
There are a million little free things to do inside each park... not free things to GET ... but to do and they all make forever lasting memories.

I posted this on another thread but thought it would be good here too!

Here are some of the little things that my kids call their top 10 favs
DD6's favs
1. getting hugged by cinderella
2. making a wish at the castle and throwing her special penny in the moat.
3. playing in the maze at the UK
4. riding in the front of the monorail
5. Having 2 new best friends chip n dale (read my tr day 4 if you want more info on this hahah but it wasnt free as it was the garden grill)
6. Having tigger give her a flower
7. Meeting 2 Japanese tourist girls and becoming friends with them and exchanging small gifts with them.
8. Making friends with the Cm's in Morocco. They even are exchanging emails with eachother now
9. Meeting Capt Jack
10. When Cinderella left a signed card in our resort just for her.

DS10 top fav things
1. Seeing the Belly dancer in Morocco
2. Being picked to star in the lights motor action show (free but very rare)
3. He was amazed at the worldshow case! He isn't a academic so this surprised me. He pushed for us to spend an extra day just there! So many things to see and do if you go SLOW and stop and look around!
4. Candy lady in japan
5. Riding the front of the monorail
6. Trying to find hidden mickeys
7. trying to change into superman at the phonebooth in UK (ok so he is weird)
8. The illumination fireworks
9. pressed penny's
10 Meeting and flirting with the little mermaid

DS13 top 10 fav things
1. not free but he challenged himself to eat a pastry at each country around the showcase he made it to Germany and got a tummy ache but the free part was for the rest of the family as it was fun to watch him try
2. Getting a big old kiss from Alice (he has a crush on the Alice at the parks ..not the cartoon hehe)
3. hidden mickeys
4. The belly dancer (teenage boy... enough said)
5. Winning dream fast passes
6. Spending the morning with mom all to himself as the other 2 kids went with dad.
7. meeting Capt Jack
8. Fantasmic and Illuminations
9. The candy lady in Japan
10. Meeting the street characters at DHS

Sorry this kind of ran long but do you see what I am getting at here?
Its the little things that make the best Disney memories for your kids.
There are a million little free things to do inside each park... not free things to GET ... but to do and they all make forever lasting memories.

Thanks! That is a great list. There is so much to do, I am worried that a week just might not cut it...:laughing:

I really enjoyed #6 with your DS13. I am quietly planning a moment like that for me and my oldest (he'll be 12 1/2 when we go). I am just not telling him that is part of the plan. It seems like we are spending less and less time together, as he gets older, you know?

Thanks! That is a great list. There is so much to do, I am worried that a week just might not cut it...:laughing:

I really enjoyed #6 with your DS13. I am quietly planning a moment like that for me and my oldest (he'll be 12 1/2 when we go). I am just not telling him that is part of the plan. It seems like we are spending less and less time together, as he gets older, you know?

I know EXACTLY what you mean!!! This together time we had was by accident. He was planning on going exploring on his own until he lost his cell phone... then it was having to hang out with mom all morning :rotfl:

It surprised me how much fun the 2 of us had during that time!!!! As boys get older they start to stray far from mommy... it was so nice for us to have a magical time together. I am sure it will be one of the last magical alone times we have for a long time.... TEENAGE hormones here we come :scared1:

I am trying to skim through your TR again, but I think I read that you took a cab to AK or DHS instead of the bus? Is that true? (sorry, I have the memory of an ice cube :confused3 old age is creeping up on me.)

I am trying to skim through your TR again, but I think I read that you took a cab to AK or DHS instead of the bus? Is that true? (sorry, I have the memory of an ice cube :confused3 old age is creeping up on me.)

WE took cabs both times. I have personally had nightmare experiences on the Disney busses in the past. It was a personal thing with me :rotfl:
I much prefer a cab ride!!!

I think it was 15 from GF to DHS and from GF to AK it was 18. They took the entire family in a minivan so it worked out nice. When leaving the resort I called from our room and the cab was waiting for us by the time we were outside.

On the way back to the resort, there was always several cabs waiting. If you aren't sure where they are (at DHS there are a ways away after the bus stops) ask a CM and they will point them out for you.
To me ... the $15 was worth not waiting an hour for a full bus to cram ourselves into... $15 for an hour or 2 of my time was money well spent:lovestruc

I sure can tell you!
http://peanutbearys.com/catalog.php?category=5

The lady is great! She will do long sleeve or short sleeve and ask her to monogram your DD name on the shirt.
Tell her Savannah and I (Brook) sent you. She is super nice and is currently making Savannah a custom made birthday dress.:goodvibes
I cant wait to see it!

:cheer2: I can't wait to place an order! I will definitely tell her that you sent me! I saw you mention your DD's birthday dress. It sounds just adorable! Perfect for your little princess! princess: Keep me posted when you have pics!!

sad it is over. great report and pics. Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us.
Looking forward to reading about your girls only trip.

I wish I could take the credit for this magical trip but really I had a great TA who helped me set it up. :goodvibes

:) Hi, another question:
Does TA=Travel Agent?

I was always under the impression that to get a package you have to call the WDW number. (I really don't know what I am doing. A WDW vacation is for the pros :rotfl: and I am obviously out of my league here)

If you happen to get a discount code after you reserve a package, can a travel agent apply the discount? (Now, that is one thing that I have learned from here and am searching my emails and mailbox on a daily basis for discounts - Thanks DIS!!)

:) Hi, another question:
Does TA=Travel Agent?

I was always under the impression that to get a package you have to call the WDW number. (I really don't know what I am doing. A WDW vacation is for the pros :rotfl: and I am obviously out of my league here)

If you happen to get a discount code after you reserve a package, can a travel agent apply the discount? (Now, that is one thing that I have learned from here and am searching my emails and mailbox on a daily basis for discounts - Thanks DIS!!)

I sent you a pm about this... hope you got it :goodvibes

Well this morning I have made plans to start back on my diet:cheer2:
To get back on track... My plan is a bit different than most as I have said, I am a gastric bypass gal so when I drop a few pounds, well I do it differently :idea:

I am 2 years out so I DO EAT and I DO GAIN WEIGHT. I have put on 8 pounds from my lowest weight after surgery. I never made it to my personal goal of 120 and I am bound and determined to do so before our trip this summer!!! I will be in a bathing suit at the GF for gosh darn sakes :lmao: I don't need any flubber protruding from the suit :rolleyes1

My goal is to drop 15lbs before June 14. I know it can be done... and it might be easier for me than for some but well... dieting stinks no matter how you look at it :rotfl:

I am sipping on one of my protein shakes as I am typing this YUMMY!
Believe it or not, there are some really good protein shakes out there and others you can doctor up to taste yummy.

My goal is 100 grams of protein, under 30 grams of crabs.
To do this I will be on a liquid diet of yummy protein drinks and my vitamin suppliments from my docs.
My Matrix hot chocolate protein mix has 23 grams of protein so I will have 5 of those today. I usually add it to a cup of coffee instead of water to make a yummy latte. I have about 20 protein mixes here at the house to choose from but they have about the same protein exchange as matrix so I am just using that as a guide. With that in place I will have 115 grams of protein and 15 grams of carbs. PERFECT if I can stay away from the kitchen and grazing like a cow :rotfl:

#####please note I am under a docs care for this plan. It is a plan I have used many times since my surgery. The shakes and vits that I take all make sure I get the stuff I need to stay healthy. These aren't your regular shakes that you pic up from walmart :rotfl: nor are my vits. I do not endorse anyone who has not had the surgery or know what they are doing to attempt my plan... heck who wants to be on an all liquid diet anyway?!######

I just had a few people ask me what I eat and all that good jazz so I thought I would post my new plan and goal on my TR. :cheer2:

If your looking to lose weight fit day . com is a wonderful website that helps you keep track of everything you put in your mouth. :rolleyes1
I bought their program and it is wonderful keeping me on track. If you are looking at dieting I highly suggest checking it out :cheer2:

Now with my diet in place lets talk about work outs :scared:
my goal is cardio 60 minutes 3x a week
strenght training 60 minutes 1x a week

I belong to a gym and had a personal trainer for a long time...don't need her anymore as I know what to do. I prefer 1 really long HARD strenght training session and let my muscles heal the week.

Anyway those are my goals :cheer2:
wish me luck!

good luck with the diet.

I started mine today. I want to lose 50 - 60 by September 6th.

good luck with the diet.

I started mine today. I want to lose 50 - 60 by September 6th.

Do you have a plan?

Here are my top 2 mantras when losing weight

" People don't plan to fail, they fail to plan"

" I love <insert naughty food here> but does it love me? Can it give me what I am really looking for while searching through the pantry? What is it I am really looking for in the back of the pantry?"

They sound silly but when you say them slowly and outloud to yourself they REALLY start making sense...after 10-15 times you will "get it" :dance3:

Do you have a plan?

Here are my top 2 mantras when losing weight

" People don't plan to fail, they fail to plan"

" I love <insert naughty food here> but does it love me? Can it give me what I am really looking for while searching through the pantry? What is it I am really looking for in the back of the pantry?"

They sound silly but when you say them slowly and outloud to yourself they REALLY start making sense...after 10-15 times you will "get it" :dance3:

this week I am cutting out sugar. :scared1:

I love ice cream, vitamin water, reese's. so it will be a shock to my system.

this week I am cutting out sugar. :scared1:

I love ice cream, vitamin water, reese's. so it will be a shock to my system.

I just pm'ed you with a WONDERFUL TO DIE FOR Chilli that is good for you.
I hope you enjoy it :goodvibes

Do you like to cook? I have tons of recipes that will make cutting out sugar a snap.

I just pm'ed you with a WONDERFUL TO DIE FOR Chilli that is good for you.
I hope you enjoy it :goodvibes

Do you like to cook? I have tons of recipes that will make cutting out sugar a snap.

I got them

I do sometimes, Biff is the cook here. I do want to try to do more cooking.

What things do you like to eat? Dinner wise and all?
Maybe if I knew what you liked I could come up with some recipes for ya ;)

mcdonalds
pizza :lmao:

no really i like all foods. not really picky except nothing with mushrooms. yuck!!!

mcdonalds
pizza :lmao:

no really i like all foods. not really picky except nothing with mushrooms. yuck!!!

I can't help you with the mcdonalds but
:idea: with the low carb pizza!!!!

Here is what you do...

Use low carb flour tortillas ... bake it for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees.
Turn it every few minutes so the tortillas lays flat :rotfl:

then use sun ripened tomatoes ... or a tomatoe paste that is sugar free
and spread on the tortillas

add Basil or whatever your pizza spice favorite is ... I like to add oragano to mine along with lots of crushed red peppers but I am cajun and like stuff spicy

Add cheese... check your labels on the cheese and make sure you aren't getting any hidden sugar in it!!!!

Throw in some canadian bacon, ham pieces and lots of bell peppers, onions and veggies to fill you up.

Once you are done decorating, throw it in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until nice and melty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter