Cafe Orleans Split Plate Charge?

I think that 2 people sharing is built into the price of the MC, since it's more than the other sandwiches. What I don't understand is the sweet potato fries that were added to the other sandwiches. The price went up to cover them. I'd rather they raise the pomme frites, which I would have paid for anyway. But I'm not going to pay for a different kind of fries when you're giving me fries.

I think that 2 people sharing is built into the price of the MC, since it's more than the other sandwiches. What I don't understand is the sweet potato fries that were added to the other sandwiches. The price went up to cover them. I'd rather they raise the pomme frites, which I would have paid for anyway. But I'm not going to pay for a different kind of fries when you're giving me fries.
You can substitute the sweet potato fries for fruit (strawberries and grapes), and get your pommes frites fix. I have been told you can also just order the sandwich, and they will deduct the price of the fries. DS likes the fruit, so I have not tried it myself.

I hope they don't charge us a split plate fee! We're going to share a Monte Cristo, salad, pomme frites and possibly gumbo. I admit I would feel ripped off if they charged us a split plate fee on top of all that.

We are three, 2 adults one kid. I was going to get the fires (i hope they are good. I like french fries, not sweet potato so hope these will be good) We are going to get the desert to share and One MC (hoping 1 piece for hubby and son will be enough with desert and fries) and I can have two pieces.
I have heard just ask for extra plates and we wont be charged. I am hoping this is true. I am hoping the fries are good (wish they had regular fries too but they don't for some odd reason.
Any way hope it works out sounds good

I hope they don't charge for kids sharing. My 2 1/2 year old and one year old don't really eat anything. At a restaurant in town the other day, we got charged 5 dollars for letting my kids eat a handful of tortilla chips and the beans off of my plate. All because I didn't order a kids meal. I'm not paying 12 dollars for 2 kids meals nobody is going to eat!

I hope they don't charge us a split plate fee! We're going to share a Monte Cristo, salad, pomme frites and possibly gumbo. I admit I would feel ripped off if they charged us a split plate fee on top of all that.
I would say it depends. 1 entree and 2 sides (if it's a side salad) for say, 5 people and not expecting to be charged a fee seems excessive. 2 entrees (if it's an entree salad) and 1 side for 3 people is more reasonable.

I would say it depends. 1 entree and 2 sides (if it's a side salad) for say, 5 people and not expecting to be charged a fee seems excessive. 2 entrees (if it's an entree salad) and 1 side for 3 people is more reasonable.

Sorry, I should have been more specific; it's two people, and I meant the side salad.

Sorry, I should have been more specific; it's two people, and I meant the side salad.
I think you'll be ok. Before they added the cheese MC the side salad was the only vegetarian thing on the menu, I ordered it all the time while 2 other people shared the regular and we were never charged.

Do you think I will need to make reservations for 3 people to eat here sometime during 12/7 - 12/9 if we eat at an off time?

I think there is always the chance that they will be fully booked/not taking walk-ups, so if you know you want to eat there, I would make a reservation. Lately, it seems like they are taking fewer and fewer walk-ups or the walk-up wait time is fairly long (e.g., 30 to 60 minutes).

I'm gonna preface this with saying I have not ate at Café Orleans. We usually always share plates and have never been charged. We are a large party (9) so maybe they just miss is but even when we ask for an extra plate it has never been a problem. I always add an extra amount to the server (been there done that and daughter lived on tips in college) that would cover for each diner rater they had a full entrée or not. We have asked about kids meals and had quite good luck with that also.

We always get two Monte Cristos. Cheese for me and DD; the one with meat for DH and DS, and there has never been a split plate charge. I am pretty sure, however, that my pants would split if I ate an entire one alone. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter