Cafe Orleans or Carnation Cafe

Abbey1

DIS Veteran
Hi! We'll be at the Halloween party on the 27th, and I am trying to decide between Cafe Orleans (a favorite of ours) and Carnation Cafe (we've never eaten here). I'm aiming for a 4:40-4:50 reservation. Do either of these have any fun Halloween decorations? Or special Halloween food? Which would you pick- help me choose!

I vote for Carnation Cafe (outdoor seating), only because the menu at Cafe Orleans is not super appealing to our family. I have always wanted to eat there but we keep going back to Carnation Cafe. I want like 10 things on their menu!

I vote for Cafe Orleans, too! Everything was super delicious! We had the same menu as Malcon10t above and loved it.

Carnation Cafe tempts me for breakfast for their big Mickey waffle! We have gone there for dinner, and tried the chicken fried chicken, which was pretty good. My hubby didn't love the menu options and ended up with the sourdough melt which was too hamburger-y for him.

Both places have nice relaxing outdoor seating and service was awesome at both places as well.

I think the ambiance is slightly better at CO along the river, with lots of rides in slight and great people watching.

Have fun planning!

I'd always thought that Cafe Orleans was my favourite eating spot at DL until I finally ate at Carnation Cafe. OMG the Bacon Sourdough Melt, the Baked Potato Soup and the Cherry Malt were so good.

Thanks everyone! I just booked Cafe Orleans for 4:40. I am excited to try the pumpkin beignets and people watch- it will definitely be the perfect spot! We'll just have to save Carnation Cafe for our next trip. I really do want to try their fried pickles and cherry malts!

I vote for Carnation Cafe (outdoor seating), only because the menu at Cafe Orleans is not super appealing to our family. I have always wanted to eat there but we keep going back to Carnation Cafe. I want like 10 things on their menu!

This! While I like the idea of Creole food and those beignets, the rest of the family isn't interested in all that "spicey" food. We've eaten at CC and the food there is really really good. CO reminds me of a place you'd find at Epcot - food that you just can't find back home.

I would have voted for CC as well, but only since OP had stated they had never eaten there... both are good.

Thanks everyone! I just booked Cafe Orleans for 4:40. I am excited to try the pumpkin beignets and people watch- it will definitely be the perfect spot! We'll just have to save Carnation Cafe for our next trip. I really do want to try their fried pickles and cherry malts!

At Cafe Orleans make sure you get the pomme frites and some pumpkin beignets. I personally love their Gumbo as well. And make sure you sit outside!! The bananas Foster is awesome also. Really everything their is great. You are going to love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter