Cabs to theme parks

Disneyfn420

DIS Veteran
If I take a cab to a theme park will I have to pay parking fees? I am getting some people saying yes and some no. Is there a way to get to the parks without paying for parking? Please offer suggestions.

Dunno where you are going to be coming from but a taxi will be just about the fee for parking, so why not just drive and park? And if you are offsite, unless you are VERY close to a park, it will almost certainly be more expensive, or close after tip..

But, from what I understand, if you take a mears cab, you should not be asked to pay for parking.

We are staying the Doubletree and on 2 days we need to be at the theme parks on time for an event so don't want to take a chance on their transportation. Heard it isn't always on time and sometimes is full by the time it gets to your hotel. To rent a car would be the cost of the rental, plus parking and then the hotel charges $8 a day or $15 to valet. So we figured we'd go without a car. I'm going to Mears site and will call them. Thanks.

Dunno where you are going to be coming from but a taxi will be just about the fee for parking, so why not just drive and park? And if you are offsite, unless you are VERY close to a park, it will almost certainly be more expensive, or close after tip..

But, from what I understand, if you take a mears cab, you should not be asked to pay for parking.

I've taken taxis to & from the theme parks (from offsite) and was never charged the parking fee.

Depends on the taxi. The official taxi of WDW (Checker cab) is not charged for parking.

Gypsy cabs are charged for the first entrance to a park on a day. So, if you are off site and take check-her cab, untied cab or the likes, you may be charges for parking. Some drivers charge the first passenger of the day, some charge all passengers all day. Always ask before committing to the ride.

For your planning purposes, don't forget that at the MK you will be dropped off at the TTC, not the park entrance. You will still need to take a ferry or monorail to the park.

For your planning purposes, don't forget that at the MK you will be dropped off at the TTC, not the park entrance. You will still need to take a ferry or monorail to the park.

Correct, so in that case if the MK is one that you are going to be close on time for, take a taxi to the Contemporary and walk to the MK, it will probably be faster then the ferry and the monorail with no guess on if you have to wait for the next ferry / monorail..

If staying at the Doubletree at DTD, they have a shuttle that runs regularly on the half hour to all parks.

Saturday I took a cab from the CR to the BWV - it was $22 (that price includes the $4 tip we gave the driver)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter