Cabo shore excursions

macfam5

Mouseketeer
I researched some of the snorkeling shore excursions on the Disney cruise website for Cabo before I made final payment. When I paid in full I did not see any of those listed to choose from..

So my question is what should we do in Cabo with a 12,8,7 yr olds?

We have never been there and would like to see the arch...Any suggestions would be appreciated..Is it worth it to book excursions in Cabo or not?

I researched some of the snorkeling shore excursions on the Disney cruise website for Cabo before I made final payment. When I paid in full I did not see any of those listed to choose from..

So my question is what should we do in Cabo with a 12,8,7 yr olds?

We have never been there and would like to see the arch...Any suggestions would be appreciated..Is it worth it to book excursions in Cabo or not?

We took the Harbor Cruise & Scenic Stop tour. It was on a large catamaran and went out to the arches area and over to the ocean side of the land. I thought it was really nice. The scenic stop was OK, but it was way over on the other side of the bay, and the bus ride was not anything special.

:cutie:

You will see the arch from the ship. If you want a closer view, rent a water taxi to take you out there.

This is the view from inside the stateroom after the ship has anchored.
IMG_6718.jpg

You get a nice view as the ship is pulling into and out of Cabo.
IMG_6484.jpg

IMG_6480.jpg

View from water taxi
IMG_6744.jpg

We did the Ecocat extreme whale watch and it was one of the best excursions we've done. The extreme whale watch is on a zodiac speed boat that fits about 12-15. There were 10 of us ages 8-64 and everyone loved it. We got a great tour around the arches and down the coast and then found and followed a pod of 5 whales!! The small speed boat was much more versatile to find and follow the whales. The whales were amazing but everyone had some much fun on the boat tour itself they all said that alone was worth the money.

Here is the website, http://caboecotours.com/extreme-whale-watching

The guys who run it are great and were even flexible with the time of tour since our day in Cabo was short.

We paid for a water taxi to take us out and show us the arch and give us a quick rundown of the beaches. I don't remember the cost but it was under $20total for 2 adults and 2 children. They dropped us off and asked when we wanted to be picked up. We had no problems and had a ton of fun!

We stayed in Cabo 2 years ago for a week. The Water taxi's will take you out to del Arco... out to Lover's Beach... You can stay there as long as you want, and there's always someone there to take you back... Careful getting on the Taxi's from the beach... it can be a rather dangerous experience...

We did a couple resort sponsored excursions... ATV's (You'll get extremely dirty...) and the Nautilas Sub... All good fun.

We did the Ecocat extreme whale watch and it was one of the best excursions we've done. The extreme whale watch is on a zodiac speed boat that fits about 12-15. There were 10 of us ages 8-64 and everyone loved it. We got a great tour around the arches and down the coast and then found and followed a pod of 5 whales!! The small speed boat was much more versatile to find and follow the whales. The whales were amazing but everyone had some much fun on the boat tour itself they all said that alone was worth the money.

Here is the website, http://caboecotours.com/extreme-whale-watching

The guys who run it are great and were even flexible with the time of tour since our day in Cabo was short.

Thank-you for this! So excited to do this and this place looks perfect. On the map on the website it looks like a short walk from the cruise ship to the check-in office/restaurant. Am I seeing this right? Did you check in 45 minutes prior as suggested? Thanks!

i would love to do the whale watching when we go in april but it is only seasonal

Yes it is an easy walk around the marina to get to their check in. I will say it was a little tough to find, even though it is right on the main walkway of the marina but we just asked some people and they pointed us to it. We actually got there even earlier because I wanted to check and see if we could go out a little earlier because I was concerned about the timing so i cant comment on that. Don't want to concern you though, This was a last minute excursion for us because it was not until the night before our cruise that Disney decided not to go to Mazatlan but do 2 days in Cabo so we suddenly Had to make plans for a very short extra day there.

They were very accommodating all around, even provided a cooler of drinks. We are an adventurous family so the captain was happy to ramp up the speed after we finished whale watch we all loved that. Hope it works out for you

We took the Harbor Cruise & Scenic Stop tour. It was on a large catamaran and went out to the arches area and over to the ocean side of the land. I thought it was really nice. The scenic stop was OK, but it was way over on the other side of the bay, and the bus ride was not anything special.

:cutie:

We did this too and enjoyed it. We got some great photos, too!

- Dreams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter