Cabo Excursion Land's End/Beach Break Info

cateisgreat

Earning My Ears
Hi there, I just got off the Wonder on Friday from the 5 night Mexico cruise. Just wanted to warn people about the Lands End/Beach Break excursion. The boat ride from the port takes about 30 minutes, like 15 minutes there and back. You essentially leave the harbor, turn around at the Arch (just outside the harbor) and then go back into port. It was pretty lame for the price. I was expecting real boat ride, not a giant tug boat that goes 5 mph and doesn't leave the harbor. The glass bottom boats were cruising past us and taking extended tours of the shore line and seemed to be having a great time. Another friend booked the snorkeling tour and said they saw sea turtles and all sorts of awesome stuff on a real catamaran ride in the ocean. If you are looking for that, do not take this excursion. Once we got back to the ship, we were taken to a resort for the beach break. Your drinks only include 2 sodas or 2 beers, each in a small cup. The food was amazing, but you are also sharing the resort with the hotel guests so getting a waiter to take your order was difficult. I had to sit behind some older resort guests who complained about being around children non-stop in extremely loud voices. The resort guests were quite rude.
I guess for what I paid for the excursion I wish I had done more research on getting a glass bottom boat on my own and taking it to Medano Beach myself. It would have been cheaper and probably a better experience.

@cateisgreat - We are signed up for this excursion, but hesitant because of the price. We have a 1.5 year old too, and just want to take her to the beach. Would you recommend something else?

If you want low key and low fuss, this excursion is probably perfect for you. We were back on the ship by 1pm max. It was boring and I felt ripped off, but when you have a little one I get that sometimes low fuss and low key are ideal :)
Personally, if I had to do it again I would have gotten off the ship and taken a water taxi/glass bottom boat that I negotiated the price for myself. I have heard people got a tour around the harbor and the arches for $5-$10 per person one way. Have the driver drop you off on Medano Beach, which you can see from the ship and is close to the harbor. Stay for a couple of hours and play at the beach. By the time lunch rolled around, it was pretty hot. You could easily take a car taxi back to the port or take another glass bottom boat/water taxi back to the port and be back on the ship in time for lunch and for your little cutie to have a nap.
The beach is only 20 minutes away from the port by car. There were water taxi guys right outside where the tender drops you off and plenty of them coming to the beach for pick ups.
I hope this helps :)

We were on the 5 night as well and visited Cabo 3x before when DCL was doing the 7 night Mexican Riviera cruises. Every time we have tendered into Cabo and then negotiated a water taxi/lands end tour in port. Last week we paid $10pp round trip. We asked him to pick us back up at Medano Beach in 3 hours and he was there right on time. (Every time they show up to pick you up-I was skeptical but have never had them no show). I'm not sure if they have small child life jackets so you may want to bring one. Medano beach has water sports, umbrella rentals, LOTS of vendors, a restaurant and even a mini mart on the street behind the hotel where we bought water, beer and soda. I would definitely recommend doing this rather than the excursion.

Are the water taxis safe for a 1.5 yr old? I've seen idea for that posted all over the place, including from my sister who went a couple years ago. I wish that was an option for us.

I would take my 1.5 year old on one but would bring a life jacket that fit. Our table mates found a large boat at the pier that took them on a lands end your and dropped them at Medano beach. They were with about 20 other people so it was a much larger boat if you're concerned with the little water taxis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter