cabins advice

nic2205

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We are staying at the fort in the cabins in three weeks time, so just thinking about packing and what we will need.

Do they have towels for both pool and bath supplied in the cabins?

Do they either have iron or can one be rented?

What is Wi-Fi like on the site?

Just thinking about the shop onsite, just for things for the cabin, milk, bread, snack items, fruit, cereal etc, is all this readily available at this store as we don't have a car when we are there, I have heard you can get shopping delivered to Disney sites, but as I am in England I wasn't sure about this and also would they deliver to cabin?

When we arrive, will we get help getting to cabin with our cases and bags as we have 4 children, 9, 8, 4 & 3, so worried about struggling with cases, bags and kids lol.

any other advice welcome, as I am starting to panic that I may forget something.

thanks in advance

nichola :rotfl:

Welcome Nichola to the camping board.

Yes there are plenty of towels.
There is also an iron.
You can also get all the grocery items on your list. It's still Disney so don't get shocked at your $ total.
They will also shuttle you and your luggage to the cabin from check-in.

The only other thing I'd bring that I don't to other resorts is a flashlight. It is dimly lit (for me).

hi, that's great, saves on towels and iron brilliant.

yes thanks for the torch advice, I saw it somewhere else so have got a few.

just another thing, do you know what temps and humidity will be like on an evening early april? cant decide on sticking to shorts or bringing longer trousers too for evening?

thanks

I would bring a couple of long pants for evening esp in April. I would rather have them and not need than to not have need them and pay Disney prices for them. you can get all at the camp store but I would look at food delivery and check prices. also it is a little bit of a walk from cabins to store without a golf cart to get things back to cabin, just something else to consider.

There are two Trading Posts at the Fort, neither of which is particualrly convenient to the cabins, but accessible via the internal busses or perhaps a long walk. I believe the two most prominently noted off property grocery sources are gardengrocers,.com and wegoshop.com, both of which receive praise for their price and convenience. And yes, the do deliver to cabins.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I did not think they had towels for the pools. Or you may have to ask for extra towels.

Someone else will also need to answer your question about the current status of WiFi/ Internet Access at the cabins.

Relax. You will most likely forget something or find you need something after you arrive. Will it ruin your trip? No. Will it be inconvenient? Probably yes. Can you find a product or workaround locally? Most likely. Enjoy your stay.

Pool towels are in bins by the pool.
We will be there in about 4 weeks and I'm packing some non-perishable items from home but ordering groceries from Gardengrocer.com. They will deliver to your cabin and put perishables in the fridge. I'm choosing a delivery time after guaranteed check-in time so they will definitely have access to our cabin and fridge.
We are traveling with our grown kids and grandkids and, just to make life easier, we have reserved a golf cart. We never have before but the internal busses can bit a bit slow and we figure driving to the marina or up front directly to the theme park busses will save us 1.25 -1.45 hr/day in travel (and headache) time with little ones.
As one of the other posters said: bring a flashlight or two for walks from the bus stop to your cabin, etc. at night.

hi, that's great, saves on towels and iron brilliant. yes thanks for the torch advice, I saw it somewhere else so have got a few. just another thing, do you know what temps and humidity will be like on an evening early april? cant decide on sticking to shorts or bringing longer trousers too for evening? thanks

Definitely pack some long pants and sweaters or light jackets for evening. Ponchos are always a good idea in Florida. I also plan on 'scotchgarding' sneakers , for the little ones, to help waterproof them just in case of sudden rain.

Pool towels are in bins by the pool.
We will be there in about 4 weeks and I'm packing some non-perishable items from home but ordering groceries from Gardengrocer.com. They will deliver to your cabin and put perishables in the fridge. I'm choosing a delivery time after guaranteed check-in time so they will definitely have access to our cabin and fridge.
We are traveling with our grown kids and grandkids and, just to make life easier, we have reserved a golf cart. We never have before but the internal busses can bit a bit slow and we figure driving to the marina or up front directly to the theme park busses will save us 1.25 -1.45 hr/day in travel (and headache) time with little ones.
As one of the other posters said: bring a flashlight or two for walks from the bus stop to your cabin, etc. at night.

I am going to try packing some snack things, I am definetly thinking about ordering food shopping as I think it will be easier, just out of interest how do I book the golf carts now? I am in UK is there a website or do I need to call them, are the rented per day or for the week?

thanks

nichola

I am going to try packing some snack things, I am definetly thinking about ordering food shopping as I think it will be easier, just out of interest how do I book the golf carts now? I am in UK is there a website or do I need to call them, are the rented per day or for the week? thanks nichola

You have to call and hold with a credit card. I'll try to find their phone number for you.

mmbl - are you sure about the pool towels?

I have been the last 4 years in October and have never seen towels at the pools.

I know every other resort has bins by the pools, but last october the Fort did not.

We were there 2 weeks ago and there were no towels by the pool at the fort, only life jackets for the kids. We brought our own pool towels. I hope this helps with your packing.

Of course you can call housekeeping on day 1 of your stay and request extra towels and they will bring them.

Bama Ed

Of course you can call housekeeping on day 1 of your stay and request extra towels and they will bring them.

Bama Ed

ok thanks, I will pack boys a poncho style towel each and then use the towels from cabin, are housekeeping quite good with requests, and are cabins quite well equipped, I don't plan on really cooking as we are ddp but we will have breakfast and maybe odd lunch?

just thought of something else regarding the golf carts, if I did hire one, can they be hired daily or weekly? do you know the rate roughly? also where are they parked overnight?

thanks

ok thanks, I will pack boys a poncho style towel each and then use the towels from cabin, are housekeeping quite good with requests, and are cabins quite well equipped, I don't plan on really cooking as we are ddp but we will have breakfast and maybe odd lunch?

just thought of something else regarding the golf carts, if I did hire one, can they be hired daily or weekly? do you know the rate roughly? also where are they parked overnight?

thanks

another daft question, just so I know and can pack boys some dvds, do the tvs have dvd players in both rooms? thanks

thanks

nichola,

Housekeeping at WDW is referred to as "Mousekeeping" and yes they are quite responsive IMO and the cabins are well equipped. I wouldn't bother to bring a towel from home honestly.

Golf carts are rented by Disney on a daily basis only - no discount for multi-day rentals. The rate is $59 + tax which comes out to $65 per day in US dollars. That is for a golf cart that seats 4 people. Disney does have a few 6-seat golf carts that are $79 + tax per day (plan $85 US dollar per day) but they are first come first served. No guarantee that one will be available. Since you have 6 people you might want to request 2 4-person golf carts (you drive one, your husband drive the other) and when you pick up your cart ask if a 6-seat cart is available. (Personally we don't get carts. We're not in a rush and can wait 10 minutes for an internal bus.) If not they will put your name on a waiting list. Here is a picture of a 6-seat golf cart in front of a cabin.

They can be parked at your cabin overnight. The driveway is in front of the cabin and there are electrical plugs outside at the front of the cabin where you can plug in the golf cart each night (the big sturdy electrical cord is built under the back seat of the cart). The cart times are in alignment with checkin times. (If I am wrong about this someone will correct me certainly). You can pick up a cart (officially) beginning at 1pm (which is the time officially you can check into the cabins) and you have to return it by 11am (which is the time officially you have to check out).

So it's not technically a 24-hour ("one day" rental) but pick up any time after 1pm and return any time before 11am. Here is a picture of the Fort checkin area. The lanes on the left are for anyone (but most convenient for us hauling trailers). The building to the right of the lanes is the checkin building (if you don't want to wait in the lanes you can park in the lot (or DME will drop you out) and go inside to check in. But note just past the checkin lanes are a row of golf carts.

My point is if you show up early a few hours I bet they would give you a golf cart (they have plenty).

Good luck! :cool1:

Bama Ed

nichola,

My point is if you show up early a few hours I bet they would give you a golf cart (they have plenty).

Good luck! :cool1:

Bama Ed

Red emphasis mine: The word "GIVE" refers only to allowing you to take one for a princely sum, not "GIVE" as in a gift. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter