Cabins 2637 & 2635....how noisy are they really?

mmouse37

DCL Diva!!
My friend just booked connecting cabins 2635 and 2637 (Cat 10's) on the Magic Western in Nov. I saw that they were on the noisy list, but did not want to concern her until I find out how noisy they really are.

Anyone have any comments if you have stayed in these cabins? What kinds of noise did you hear and was it all the time or just sometimes?

Thanks.

MJ

They're pretty far aft. You'll definitely hear noise from the engines and the screws (propellers). You'll also feel the related vibration, but if you enjoyed the old "Magic Fingers" that you used to find in roadside motels, you'll enjoy this.

I've booked 2146 and 2148 (of course before reading anything on this web site) and am still planning on staying in those 2 rooms because connecting rooms are a must for us. I just hope it isn't too bad. I haven't had the luxury of the "magic fingers" ;) so I don't know what I'm in for yet. Maybe it won't be too bad.

Juli

As I suggested to someone else, you shoud ask your TA to check on the availability of better located cabins as you get close to the final payment date. Given the current economic situation, there may be many cancellations right before the start of the penalty period. Worth a try...

thanks for all the replies. I see on the website deckplan that those cabins are across from any "empty" area. Just wondering what might be behind that wall.

I'll let my friend know about your answers. Thanks again.

MJ

Hi. There was talk about these very rooms a few weeks back (mid-June). My friends have the very same rooms on the Wonder in September, for the "connecting" feature & I will be in 2633. The empty space as I was told by DCL is a luggage hatch (loading and unloading of luggage). My friend's needed the connectors, so after much contemplation, we are going to stay in those rooms (no other cat. 10's were available). I will be posting to the Board when we return from our cruise. If you remain in those rooms, and would like to email me for my comments & any questions you have, tickler me in your calendar for September 13th and send an email to: HickoryRidge@angelfire.com (I will be emailing Fawn as well).

FAWN: if you are reading this, email me on the 13th of September. I just learned that I will be out-of-state on business a few days after I return. -- Hope your wedding plans & related are going smooth!

I just got back from the 7/18 3-day. We were in cabin 2635. The noise from the luggage hatch (what I am assuming is elevators) was pretty constant. It didn't bother me at all, sort of a grinding noise. One night it kept my DH up, but I think that was combined with the little girls in the next room. You may want to check about a change of stateroom, like someone suggested. It wasn't that bad, but if I would have known, I may have tried to change.

Jay'sPrincess, would mind answering a couple of questions?

1) did you find that the noise in that stateroom had any affect on your cruise?

2) was the noise noticable all 3 nights of your cruise?

Thanks!

Hi Alipom

I made a note on my calender...thanks for the heads up!

Plans are going great! We were shopping for dresses this week, and I loved seeing our three girls in their pretty gowns...they all looked like Princesses!

Hi AliPom!

1) did you find that the noise in that stateroom had any affect on your cruise?

No. Maybe mildly annoying, but didn't detract from anything. I am really easygoing though, and I was on my honeymoon, probably nothing could have made that trip bad. Not to mention, the only time I was in the stateroom really was to sleep, and I was so tired from all the excitement and activity that I slept like a baby.

2) was the noise noticable all 3 nights of your cruise?

Yes. Random times all day and night. May have been a service elevator. But after the first day, I was able to ignore it. It never kept me up, and I even asked DH again about it. He said the noise didn't keep him up...it was the little girls and 'Alice in Wonderland' blaring on the tv next door.

If you are not extremely sensitive to noises, I wouldn't worry about it. Any other questions, you can email me at princesstommi17@hotmail.com. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter