• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabin Upgrades

Buckeye Big Al

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone-

I am a new "poster" and we are taking our very first Disney Cruise on the Magic January 7th. We had a scavenger hunt Christmas Day and the kids found one letter with each clue that spelled out "Disney Cruise". They are going crazy anticipating the trip. I appreciate anybody's suggestions and comments to help us along. I was wondering if anyone has had any success in upgrading their accomodations at the check-in?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

I'd like to know too! My TA said if you book a gty that you have a chance of being upgraded at no additional cost by asking at the pier. Although I'd love to believe that it's true, I think it's a bunch of bull..... But ya never know I still believe in miracles

gty or guar is a Guaranty cabin. You book a category cabin with the possibilty of an upgrade but you take your chances instead of selecting your cabin number at booking. I booked a 12 GTY inside cabin and ended up with a cat 9 outside.

If you ask for an upgrade, even at the port, you will have to pay for it. When DCL bumps you up with an upgrade without you asking, you do not have to pay for it. :) :) :) There is no rhyme or reason to this process. Sometimes you are graced with pixie dust & it is an unexpected surprise. Book the room that you will be happy with because it doesn't always happen.

upgrades are very very rare.....in 9 cruises, we were upgraded 2x from cat 9 to cat 5....both on 3 day cruises, never 4 or 7 day.....

Hey Buckeye Big Al

We are on the same cruise. Hopefullly our paths don't cross. UMiami Hurricanes!!!! LOL

Enjoy yourself.

Ed

Hey Buckeye
Was at the game. One of the great days of my life. My DW and I are on the Jan 7, also. We leave for WDW on January 3, as no way would we miss the Notre Dame game. Good luck to your Bengals. Looks like they might get Pittsburg. You're gonna love the cruise.
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

lbgraves said:
If you ask for an upgrade, even at the port, you will have to pay for it. When DCL bumps you up with an upgrade without you asking, you do not have to pay for it. :) :) :) There is no rhyme or reason to this process. Sometimes you are graced with pixie dust & it is an unexpected surprise. Book the room that you will be happy with because it doesn't always happen.

Our TA told us that a GTY was the better way to go. Now I am wondering why on earth she would say this. I am to have an outside cabin with balcony according to my info from the TA. This can't be changed to an inside cabin, can it???

Also, if you need to be in the center of the boat, what do I do? Am I taking a huge chance by waiting and is it too late to do something? Arrrgghh!

You will not be bumped down to a lower category so you don't need to worry about being put in an inside room if you booked a verandah. If it was me, I would call my TA & insist that you want to be assigned a room. Are you talking about the 1/06 cruise in your sig? If so, it may be too late to see. If you go to your resie on the dcl website you will be able to see if you have been assisned a room yet.

lbgraves said:
You will not be bumped down to a lower category so you don't need to worry about being put in an inside room if you booked a verandah. If it was me, I would call my TA & insist that you want to be assigned a room. Are you talking about the 1/06 cruise in your sig? If so, it may be too late to see. If you go to your resie on the dcl website you will be able to see if you have been assisned a room yet.

Yes - I am talking about the 1/06 - it's at the end of the month and our first Dis Cruise. Waaaah! I will check the site now but I did the other day and no luck as of yet.

I think I'm gonna cry!!! :earboy2:

Okay, glad to know I won't be bumped down. I just checked the sight and still nothing so I e-mailed them. I was very apologetic so hopefully it's not too late. I don't care what deck we are on as long as it's somewhere in the middle. I was seasick once and that was enough for me!!! :blush:

For those that were upgraded, did you pay your balance in full earlier than the 90 days?

We made reservations for a 12 GTY two weeks out, so we had to pay in full at that point. We got bumped to a Category 8 on Deck 5.

I was at the game also. I now have the fun task of producing those DVD's for ABC. Let's hope that the ND Fiesta is a success!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter