• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cabin selection help (search down)

aero99

DVC Member
Hi!

I am trying to help my friend plan her first cruise ever. She has been married for 11 years but never had a honeymoon. They are planning on going in January '05 on the eastern caribbean cruise and can afford a category 9 room. I am not familiary with DCL (sorry I have only been on RCCL) so I don't know where to recommend cabin location.

Any help would be appreciated!
Melissa

Ok, a 9 is an outside cabin with a porthole.....Some thoughts....first, she might consider one of the "hidden porthole" rooms (see www.castawayclub.com). These bill as an inside cabin because the porthole is partially obstructed, but still gives you the light coming in. That leaves them some $ for other things on the ship.

The lower you are on the ship and the closer to the center, the less rocking motion you have. We have been on deck 2 and loved it. We've also been on decks 5 and 6. I can think of good things about each deck. 5 aft is very quiet and private. It is very convenient with kids. 2 has the library, and is convenient to the restaurants.

Some cabins on 2 are below the clubs and have a reputation as noisy at night....we've never had noise problems from the ship, although we have had problems from noisy fellow cruisers.

My best suggestion would be to check out castawayclub.com, then make you decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter