Cabin question...

pixie08

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew if the murphy beds in the cabins were at all comfortable? I my husband and I will be traveling with my mother and brother and I am hoping the bed is comfortable because I may let them have the bedroom because of the bunks and bed. That means my dh and I on the murphy. Thanks for any help!

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew if the murphy beds in the cabins were at all comfortable? I my husband and I will be traveling with my mother and brother and I am hoping the bed is comfortable because I may let them have the bedroom because of the bunks and bed. That means my dh and I on the murphy. Thanks for any help!

Comfort is in the eye (or in this case, the back) of the beholder.

You are basically sleeping on a piece of foam attached to a piece of plywood.

I think the murphy beds are fine.

But your mileage may vary.

TCD

Comfort is in the eye (or in this case, the back) of the beholder.

You are basically sleeping on a piece of foam attached to a piece of plywood.

I think the murphy beds are fine.

But your mileage may vary.

TCD
Yikes...so not like a regular mattress then I suppose? I would be ok with it but DH has back and leg problems so he may not. Thank you!

Just want to say that we have stayed in the cabins five times in the last few years. We have found all five of the murphy beds in our cabins to be extremely comfortable. So much so that my husband and I actually pick to sleep on that and give the kids the bedroom. Good luck with your decision!

Last edited:

They are adequate but if you are used to sleeping on a really firm mattress like me then you may not be so comfortable.

Just want to say that we have stayed in the cabins five times in the last few years. We have found all five of the murphy beds in our cabins to be extremely comfortable. So much so that my husband and I actually pick to sleep on that and give the kids the bedroom. Good luck with your decision! Heidi

We have stayed there three times in the last three years and I would agree with this. We let the kids take the bedroom.

We stayed on the murphy and put the kids in the bedroom. No complaints.

Ok...so maybe for a few days it will be ok. I will discuss this with dh. I am dying to stay at the Fort Wilderness, my family stayed there back when I was a teenager and it was so much fun.

I guess it depends on the person, We have stayed in cabins several times and Murphy beds not so great unless they have upgraded mattresses, our camper is better.

Ok...so maybe for a few days it will be ok. I will discuss this with dh. I am dying to stay at the Fort Wilderness, my family stayed there back when I was a teenager and it was so much fun.

Hi again,
Just chiming in one more time. I have had a bad back for years and years. On one of our trips we were in the cabin for a week and I had absolutely no problem at all. After I read your thread last night, I asked my husband about the murphy bed and he also confirmed that he has always been very comfortable as well. We continued to talk about the various Disney resorts we have stayed at ( nine) and the only mattress that we really found to be better than the murphy bed was at the Beach Club. I also grew up going to Fort Wilderness and have rarely missed a year without going. I hope you can convince your husband to go, there really is no other place on earth like it. Good luck! Heidi

I agree also. I have chosen to sleep in the murphy bed over the standard bed finding it more comfortable. And that was the days leading up to participating in the Half Ironman held there. After the event was another story.

The mattresses in the cabins were replaced just a few years ago and the murphy bed has a regular double bed mattress which I have found to be very comfortable. I was just there last week.:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter