Cabin freebies for Silver Member

Scrufsmom

Mouseketeer
Just wondering since this is our 2nd cruise and we are now silver members receive any special "freebies gifts" in the cabin? I'm actually curious if we get a castaway cay bag in the cabin. Trying to figure our if I should pack a beach bag or wait to see if one is waiting. Thanks for the information.

You'all get a lanyard then most likely a beach bag and dry erase board that is a magnet. On cruises that aren't beach heavy they usually switch it to a backpack instead of beach bag.

When we went on our second cruise (2 yrs ago) we received a tote bag. It was mailed to us though, before our cruise. We received lanyards in our cabin. From what I've read on here, it sounds like the bags are now waiting in the cabins. I plan on bringing a small backpack to take on shore excursions in addition to the bag we will receive from Disney.

You'all get a lanyard then most likely a beach bag and dry erase board that is a magnet. On cruises that aren't beach heavy they usually switch it to a backpack instead of beach bag.
I believe they are no longer doing the dry erase board. Haven't seen anyone report it in the last year or so.

The Silver level gift is a bag. Most times a beach bag, on the Caribbean itineraries. Other itineraries have different bags (in the past).

When we went on our second cruise (2 yrs ago) we received a tote bag. It was mailed to us though, before our cruise. We received lanyards in our cabin. From what I've read on here, it sounds like the bags are now waiting in the cabins. I plan on bringing a small backpack to take on shore excursions in addition to the bag we will receive from Disney.

I have never seen the CC gift mailed before and we have been cruising DCL since 1998. It has always been waiting in our room. Interesting.

MJ

I have never seen the CC gift mailed before and we have been cruising DCL since 1998. It has always been waiting in our room. Interesting.

MJ

I've gotten a welcome to silver gift mailed before. That was just a print of the ships though and not a bag or anything.

I've gotten a welcome to silver gift mailed before. That was just a print of the ships though and not a bag or anything.

As a silver member, I have received 3 backpacks. I hope I am getting the beach bag this time. Pixie dust!

I'm the opposite. I know being on a Bahamain cruise I'm going to be stuck with the beach bag, but I WISH I could get a backpack. I'm FAR more likely to use a backpack even on the beach than a "beach bag".

I agree. The beach bags are pretty poor quality and usually break before the end of the cruise. I have received a total of six of them and I only have one that is still a workable condition. It really isn't a nice bag and I don't use it at all.

I love my Silver Castaway canvas blue-striped bag (not the oft-complained about burlap bag) and have used it steadily since we got it in 2014, 3 summers and counting. Here's a question I know someone will have the answer to: We're doing a B2B next summer. Will we get two gifts ? (The second leg will be our 5th cruise. Bummer bc I know we won't be Gold until after it's completed.) P.S. I LOVE and constantly use the 2013 backpack !

I love my Silver Castaway canvas blue-striped bag (not the oft-complained about burlap bag) and have used it steadily since we got it in 2014, 3 summers and counting. Here's a question I know someone will have the answer to: We're doing a B2B next summer. Will we get two gifts ? (The second leg will be our 5th cruise. Bummer bc I know we won't be Gold until after it's completed.) P.S. I LOVE and constantly use the 2013 backpack !
Yes, you will get the Silver level gift on each leg.

I LOVE my backpack - use it ALL the time. Don't like the 2 beach bags we've gotten. Haven't used them once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter