Cabin 8044 on the Wonder?

Any news about what? What specifically are you looking for?

Anne

Hey, we just returned yesterday from our 4 day Wonder cruise and stayed in room 8544 (exactly opposite your room on the ship). The room was great (the verandah and the extra space was welcomed).

Here are my observations of being on the port side of the ship (which room 8044 is).
--You will NOT see the terminal when the ship is in Port Canaveral (your verandah faces out to sea, which is nice).
--When in Nassau, your verandah will face the city and you can see it if no other ship docks next to the Wonder.
--When in Freeport, your verandah will face out (away from the dock) into the shipping bay.
-- When at Cataway Cay your room will face the dock (away from the beach.

These were our observations and the ONLY difference between your room (8044) and ours (8544)

Sometimes the ship backs in... somtimes she noses in... your views could go either way... but it's not that important as you can go up on the other decks to look around.

Have a great trip in your roomy cabin,

>>^..^<<

We stayed in 8550 just a few doors down from that cabin on the opposite side and while it was nice to have the family all in one room I would NEVER have a room on the 8th deck again!! Listening to the running, chairs scraping on the ceiling above you and listening to the sail away party in your room with the loud band music, screaming from the CM's trying to get people into the party and just the inconvenient sounds it was terrible! I would be highly irritated if I had a suite on that deck and had to listen to that all the time. No matter if it was day or night you could hear (what I assume to be children) running around on the ceiling of the room. I do say it was really nice to have us all in 1 room and for that it was worth it but we had to use our sound machine on high every night to keep it so the kids and us could sleep fairly soundly! I found the location to be ok although having to go down 3 decks or more with the elevators as slow as they were was a hassle with a 3 year old as well.... trying to get him to go down those stairs with any kind of speed was a trial everyday and hubby and I ended up carrying him up the stairs because while it was only 3 flights of stairs from the 5th deck it was a LONG hike with a 3 year old. I was not at all impressed with the 8th deck and if/when we ever decide to cruise disney we will get 2 cabins a deck or 2 lower instead!

Just my opinion but we for the most part hated it! I was so glad we were only on the 4 day because if I had had to deal with that for 3 extra nights I would have been insane!!!

Heidi

Unfortunately, hydster's previous message is correct. You really can hear the people running around on the Pool Deck (Deck 9) at all times of the day (but not too late at night). Early in the morning you mostly hear people moving chairs around (scratching the floors above your head). However, my husband, kids and I were so tired from all our activities during the day that it really wasn't much of a problem. In hindsight though, I will request a room on Deck 7 instead.

We stayed in 8076, which is a bit further aft, I think and the only time we heard any noise from above was when we were out on the verandah. We loved being on deck 8!

I too vote with hydster........ never again will I stay in the middle of the ship on deck 8!!!! We were in 8048, and the noise was ridiculous....... especially around 4:30 in the morning when they start setting up for the day. Chairs and tables being dragged around, carts rolling back and forth to the snack bars, etc.

Also, the noise from the deck party on Nassau night was bad.... none of us got to sleep until it was over (midnight).

Never again.............

We were in 8032, basically right under Common Grounds, and seldom heard any noise from deck 9. Every now and then during the day we could hear a ping pong ball or someone running, but not taht often. We spent a LOT of time in our stateroom (probably over half the cruise) and never had a noise complaint. Maybe having the carpeted floors of Common Grounds above us was a blessing :) I was almost a little concerned about it, but never heard a peep, crash, or thud from there.

Anne

We were in 8044 last March. I don't remember hearing any excess noise, but that could have been because I was exhausted at the end of the day! Nice cabin, no complaints from me!

I am glad ducklite mentioned what was above 8032...

I am across the hall in 8532 and the Arcade is above us... I imagine that is not open all the time? so it should be okay.

I booked 8032 for next Aug... glad to know it's pretty quiet.

Deck 8 may have more noise from above - but it should have less corridor noise... there are less cabins on this deck.

Last cruise I was on deck 6 and there was always stuff going on out in the halls... people talking, kids running, lots of chatter.

>>^..^<<

SAINTHOUSE we stayed in 8076 also and i had nooooo problems sleeping.....the only time we ever heard anything was when we were on deck.......it was quiet as a church......maybe its just what part of the 8th deck your on......We had 3 small children with us and they slept like babies..........
Penny

Just wanted some info from anyone who has stayed on Deck 6 on the Wonder in the aft section. We will be going on the Feb. 27 , 3 Day Cruise. We've heard it's pretty quiet there. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter