Cabanas

kapoof

DIS Veteran
Are those cute cabanas worth the money? I was wondering how much time people actually use them to justify the cost.

We rented a cabana on out last cruise. for us it was worth every penny. It was comfortable, provided shade for the children and a fresh water outdoor shower. The refreshments and towels were great, the fridge was useful. You can call the cabana host by pressing a button to get alcoholic drinks. You get complementary sun cream. The private beach was great, you had loads of space and it was quiet. We got there as early as we could and were some of the last people to get back on the ship, it was wonderful , you also get free rental of snorkel gear and bikes. We will definitely try and get one again for our cruise next year.

Are those cute cabanas worth the money? I was wondering how much time people actually use them to justify the cost.

For us it will be. I can have a good time anywhere, my husband?...not so much. I've seen the pics/videos of the family beach and there's no way he would enjoy that. He likes his space away from people. While I prefer space, the crowd wouldn't bother me as much. But with a Cabana, I know he will really enjoy the ocean as well. The beach will be more private, he can retreat and have some solitude when he wants it, we will have sodas and snacks right there, I can sit in a chair and watch my 7 year old play and not have to worry about others blocking my view, etc

We went concierge because the Cabanas was more important to me than what ship I was on. :D

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My husband has a medical condition so the cabana was important to us. It was worth it for us so he could enjoy the beach all day.

We had a cabana on our cruise last year and it was so worth the money. It is such a relaxing way to enjoy the beach, we enjoyed the unlimited soft drinks, clean towels, comfortable chairs and best of all space and peace and quiet.

We had one for the first time on our last cruise, and I agree with all PPs - worth every penny. Even just the peace of mind that we could leave the cabana and lock up our valuables in the safe and store the rest of the items in the closet made it worthwhile.

DH had an activity that was iffy all morning, and our hostess kept him informed of the status and took care of the re-booking for him.

My DD3 kept wanting to get something she left in our cabin so we returned twice and were just able to leave everything in the cabana as noted.

My only regret is we didn't get one when my MIL was with us on the previous trip as then she could have really enjoyed CC with the shade.

We got one earlier this month on our wedding cruise & it was worth every penny. All of our guest enjoyed the cabana and it was so nice to be able to just go and relax. My dad took an hr long nap in the hammock.

Loved our Cabana this past May 11th cruise!!! I will not do castaway cay any other way!

Worth every penny ... ooops ... no more pennies in Canada ... so ...

Worth every nickel! One mistake ... booked two excursions ... Wave Runner and Para Sailing ... 1/2 the day gone doing those activities so less time to enjoy the Cabana we had on the adult beach

It's a choice just like other splurges. Is it really worth hundreds of dollars for photos? A three hour dinner at Remy can be $200 without wine. You can spend a couple of hundred dollars to have someone rub on you (massage) for an hour or so. Concierge cabins are unreasonably priced, but people still pay thousands for basically a lounge and snacks.

What I'm saying is the cabanas are fantastic - we got one once, and it made a HUGE HUGE difference in our enjoyment of the day at CC. It almost felt decadent. But you pay dearly for that experience. Just decide if you want to splurge on your vacation with pampering yourself, and Disney will be happy to help you!

Worth it? No. Are we glad we did it? Absolutely!

It's a choice just like other splurges. Is it really worth hundreds of dollars for photos? A three hour dinner at Remy can be $200 without wine. You can spend a couple of hundred dollars to have someone rub on you (massage) for an hour or so. Concierge cabins are unreasonably priced, but people still pay thousands for basically a lounge and snacks.

What I'm saying is the cabanas are fantastic - we got one once, and it made a HUGE HUGE difference in our enjoyment of the day at CC. It almost felt decadent. But you pay dearly for that experience. Just decide if you want to splurge on your vacation with pampering yourself, and Disney will be happy to help you!

:thumbsup2

We rented a cabana on out last cruise. for us it was worth every penny. It was comfortable, provided shade for the children and a fresh water outdoor shower. The refreshments and towels were great, the fridge was useful. You can call the cabana host by pressing a button to get alcoholic drinks. You get complementary sun cream. The private beach was great, you had loads of space and it was quiet. We got there as early as we could and were some of the last people to get back on the ship, it was wonderful , you also get free rental of snorkel gear and bikes. We will definitely try and get one again for our cruise next year.

Loved our Cabana this past May 11th cruise!!! I will not do castaway cay any other way!

We shared a cabana on the family beach with friends in April and LOVED it! I couldn't agree more with each of the quoted posts. It made such a difference in our enjoyment of Castaway Cay. We stayed almost until the very last minute. Having the shade, the comfy seating, the private beach, the stocked fridge, etc. were awesome. I took my kids over to Pelican Plunge, and we were so happy to be back to the peace of the cabana after we trekked back through the crowds. For us, concierge has become a necessity for any cruise that involves Castaway Cay so we can get a cabana.

We shared a cabana on the family beach with friends in April and LOVED it! I couldn't agree more with each of the quoted posts. It made such a difference in our enjoyment of Castaway Cay. We stayed almost until the very last minute. Having the shade, the comfy seating, the private beach, the stocked fridge, etc. were awesome. I took my kids over to Pelican Plunge, and we were so happy to be back to the peace of the cabana after we trekked back through the crowds. For us, concierge has become a necessity for any cruise that involves Castaway Cay so we can get a cabana.

We've got one for our cruise. First timers on the Cabana. Two families together. What's the last time to depart for the ship?

We've got one for our cruise. First timers on the Cabana. Two families together. What's the last time to depart for the ship?

I believe all-aboard for us was 4:30. We left the cabana at a little after 4:00 to allow us to walk back to the ship (instead of getting a ride to the shuttle pick-up) so we could take some pictures along the way.

Great reply. You don't find too many people that would admit that something they paid a lot of money for isn't "worth" it. Most people tell themselves it's worth it to feel better about the purchase. I don't believe it's worth it, but I may still get one this November just because I'm curious about the experience.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

So it seems most vote its worth it, now its time to share your secrets on how to get one!!!!! :-) I have tried twice with no luck. 3rd time a charm?

So it seems most vote its worth it, now its time to share your secrets on how to get one!!!!! :-) I have tried twice with no luck. 3rd time a charm?

Our first cruise is October. We went concierge just to get one. I probably could have taken two cruises for the same price but decided to save up for this.

Our first cruise is October. We went concierge just to get one. I probably could have taken two cruises for the same price but decided to save up for this.

Concierge is all sold out for my cruise. (good thing, as I would hate to be tempted, lol)

DH booked us concierge so we could have one! Not that I am complaining mind you. Both will be worth every penny!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter