Cabanas sold out - chance of one opening up?

jlw3535

Earning My Ears
So we were planning on renting a cabana at Discovery Cove - we just hit our 21-day advance to order one without the elite package - and the cabanas are ENTIRELY SOLD OUT for the week we're visiting (we arrive Sunday the 8th, leave Saturday the 13th). I was told we could keep calling back, as there may be a cancellation - but has anyone ever had success with this? How difficult is it to possibly "Set up camp" in a shady area?

Once the cabanas are sold out there seem to rarely be instances where they open up again. Probably about the only time would be if the park kept one or two in their back pocket for VIPs or something similar, and then turned it back into inventory. But with the reservation based system I would think few people cancel their reservations within 21 days of going, and even fewer probably cancel their cabana reservation but still keep their park reservation.

Keep trying but realize the odds are probably stacked against you. But you will still have a great time without a cabana.

I agree fully with FLOIR's comment's above. I wouldn't expect that a cabana will open up at this late date.

There is plenty of shade for non-cabana guests, so don't fret about that. There's an abundance of loungers with large umbrellas scattered throughout the park, as well as hammocks in a few locations.

My bet is you will be arriving early anyway, so find a location you like and you're set to go. My bet is that you will be spending more time enjoying the park features than sitting on the lounger anyway. Have an awesome time!

I'm in the same boat. Going June 9 and tried to get a cabana, but sold out. Guess I'll keep trying, or waiting, or just deal with it!

We are going June 9th too!!! I just booked my cabana over the weekend. Was so happy I could do so since it's our anniversary that day.

We are going June 9th too!!! I just booked my cabana over the weekend. Was so happy I could do so since it's our anniversary that day.

You stole my cabana! LOL! Seriously, I hope you have a wonderful amazing anniversary day. What a great way to spend it. I've never been to Discovery Cove and I'm very excited!

We got one....even after they had been all booked.

Keep calling! Get there early, and mention your request at sign in. We missed out on a cabana last Labor Day....trying to decide whether to spend the money. So bummed when we decided to splurge and they were all booked. So We booked the photo package and bday celebration w/ out cabana. However, we called everyday in the week leading up to our visit. Then hubby mentioned our desire once more on the day of our visit. They remembered our phone calls! We got a cabana that day!

Good luck. Hope the same will be true for you! If not, yes, you can find shade. And you can pick whatever location you want. Be at registration early and snag shade before b'fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter