• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabanas at castaway cay

How do you book a cabana? We are gold on our next cruise and I have never looked into a cabana before. Is it just listed under the things you can book like Palo, etc.? Thanks!

I'm not sure if this is always the case, maybe for concierge guests in cabanas, they are always hosted by the ship concierge. We had a cabana, were not in concierge and we had someone from Guest Services as our host. We weren't going to tip her anyway (whole different story; had many other issues with her regarding the cabana prior to Castaway Cay) but my feeling was that GS is not a tipped position so they would not be able to accept a tip for cabana hosting.

We had one of the concierge CMs as our host when we rented a cabana (we were not staying in a concierge room). We came back late from an excursion and we had to meet up with my Mom and rush back to the ship, so I didn't get to tip her at the time. We went to the concierge area of the ship later and asked for her in order to give her the tip. She seemed a little surprised that we tracked her down but we ended up having a really nice conversation with her :thumbsup2

Which sailing? Your ticker says 1 month. We canceled an adult cabana on the Nov 15th Dream sailing when we had to change plans. I know someone was probably as happy as I was sad. :sad2:

We are the Nov. 25th sailing.
Sorry about your trip. Good thoughts that you get a cabana on your rescheduled trip.pixiedust:

I have been on 4 Disney cruises so far w 2 more to go in a few months. Booked a cabana and concierge during the DVC member cruise on the Dream. I said I would NEVER get a cabana for $500! But I did and don't regret it. We had 2 stops at Castaway Cay so we (me, dh, 2 teen DSs) wanted to try it on one of those days. And since we were concicerge, even though the website said that all were sold out, they hold some back for concierge. So why not?! It was worth it b/c it rained that entire afternoon! We enjoyed our bike ride, private beach, sand toys, excellent concierge service (Andy from concierge on the Dream was the best!), and steps away from Cookies 2. My youngest DS got sick that day and laid on the couch the entire time. Would I do it again? Perhaps, but it was worth it to splurge just once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter