• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabanas at Aulani

rpcvpanama

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me about the cabanas at Aulani? We are going the first week in June and have thought about renting one for one or two days. I am somewhat worried about the chair situation around the pool area. Does it get crowded, are there plenty of chairs, does Disney enforce the "no saving chairs" rule? I am thinking that June will be busy but not sure. Thanks for any advice.

I have read several posts that the weekends are very crowded. I rented a cabana for every day for our upcoming stay.

Can anyone tell me about the cabanas at Aulani? We are going the first week in June and have thought about renting one for one or two days. I am somewhat worried about the chair situation around the pool area. Does it get crowded, are there plenty of chairs, does Disney enforce the "no saving chairs" rule? I am thinking that June will be busy but not sure. Thanks for any advice.

We were there mid-week in March. The pool was busy, but I heard it gets really busy on the weekends. They do tell you that if you don't come back to your chair after 1 hour you will lose it. I did seem them checking (they put the chair back down to "mark" it if they think you're not there).

That said I also saw fully clothed folks saving chairs first thing in the morning and walking away. Many did seem to come back probably at about the hour mark. I did think that was a little rude to others that may actually have wanted to be close to the pool and were actually there. But the pool staff did seem to be on top of it.

Anyway, the cabanas looked beautiful. Be sure to get the ones by the pool and not the kids water park. I think that location is nicer.

Anyway, the cabanas looked beautiful. Be sure to get the ones by the pool and not the kids water park. I think that location is nicer.

Thanks for that hint. Does anyone know if you can specify location if you reserve in advance?

If you are a DVC member call member services, if not than call Aulani at (714) 520-7001.

Thanks for the info.

Anyone know the limit? We'll have six in our group. Are soft drinks/water/fruit included? Thanks.

I put in a location request on my reservation but it's only a request.

It does include water and a fruit plate. My experience with other cabana rentals is that it will be a small fruit plate.

Thanks for the response, Pakey. Hopefully, your request will be granted. Did you call MS or the resort itself?

At the JW next door, whole fruit is served with rentals of the covered chaises. We're good with whole fruit or a fruit plate. It's just a nice touch.

Thanks everyone. I ended up renting one for 2 of the days we are there. 10% discount for DVC members! They only take requests for "spots" but hopefully will get one near the pool.

We are going early in June as well, should I call to reserve a cabana now or can I wait for a bit more? What has everyone else done?

Anyone know the limit? We'll have six in our group. Are soft drinks/water/fruit included? Thanks.

From the Aulani web site it says they are for up to 6 Guests. Each offers a 32-inch flat panel TV, ceiling fan, refrigerator, WiFi, upgraded furniture, fruit bowl and complimentary bottled water. Reservations are suggested.

We are going early in June as well, should I call to reserve a cabana now or can I wait for a bit more? What has everyone else done?

I called MS today after reading this thread.

We are going in late June and there were no cabanas left for my first choice. Luckily our schedule is still flexible, so I was able to book one for another day.

Thanks for the heads up. I really wasn't planning on calling for a reservation. None of the materials I have seen for Aulani said specifically to call, neither did they mention who to call...Concierge? Front Desk? Activities Desk?

Glad I saw this thread!!

I called MS today after reading this thread.

We are going in late June and there were no cabanas left for my first choice. Luckily our schedule is still flexible, so I was able to book one for another day.

Thanks for the heads up. I really wasn't planning on calling for a reservation. None of the materials I have seen for Aulani said specifically to call, neither did they mention who to call...Concierge? Front Desk? Activities Desk?

I am DVC member but called Aulani directly to book the cabana and agree that I wouldn't have really thought about doing this if I hadn't read about it here. I was lucky either of the dates we were looking for were available and that was in the first half of June

do you know what the hours are for 1/2 day rentals? Can you reserve 1/2 day in advance?

I called initially about a half day rental and they DO NOT reserve half day rentals. Only full day. Half day is $150, full day $275. With DVC as mentioned previously there is a 10% discount (full day only). The full day hours are 9-6, but they had options to "sign in" between 9 and 11 am. So I would assume the half day hours would be half of the "offical" cabana hours which is 9-6, so 4 hours.

I was told half day can only be done at the concierge after you arrive and I would guess that means on the day you want to rent, but didn't think to clarify that.

I was told that half day cabanana rentals would only be allowed if, on the day you want to rent, they were available. They wouldn't pre-book 1/2 day rentals. I initially tried using MS for booking but ended up with someone that did not really know how to do the booking. They gave me the number for the hotel and I called directly which worked out.

Although I'm a DVC member, I also called Aulani directly to book mine. It took forever since I wanted 6 days and each day had to be booked individually. I booked mine at 6 months out because it's important for me to have a cabana for every day that I'm there.

My experience with cabanas is that 6 is the maximum that can use it but there will not be seating inside the cabana for 6 people at the same time; 4 would be more comfortable. There should also be 2 loungers outside the cabana for sunbathing.

Although I'm a DVC member, I also called Aulani directly to book mine. It took forever since I wanted 6 days and each day had to be booked individually. I booked mine at 6 months out because it's important for me to have a cabana for every day that I'm there.

My experience with cabanas is that 6 is the maximum that can use it but there will not be seating inside the cabana for 6 people at the same time; 4 would be more comfortable. There should also be 2 loungers outside the cabana for sunbathing.

Wow six days in a cabana that sounds wonderful!

When I called and reserved for just our one day I was told the offical hours were 9-6 but that we could have the cabana until the end of the day when the pool closed. That made it sound like even a better bargin. Then I read in a couple of travel reviews that others were told the same when making the reservation but were then asked to leave at 6 pm. I was just wondering if they made mention of it when you booked your 6 days?

Wow six days in a cabana that sounds wonderful!

When I called and reserved for just our one day I was told the offical hours were 9-6 but that we could have the cabana until the end of the day when the pool closed. That made it sound like even a better bargin. Then I read in a couple of travel reviews that others were told the same when making the reservation but were then asked to leave at 6 pm. I was just wondering if they made mention of it when you booked your 6 days?

They did not tell me this. I have rented cabanas at several locations in my travels and my experience has been that the cabanas close at a specific time. Honestly, 6pm is later than any other cabana I've ever rented. The attendants have to clean and restock them before their shift ends so I've always been politely asked to close out and leave at the specified time.

They did not tell me this. I have rented cabanas at several locations in my travels and my experience has been that the cabanas close at a specific time. Honestly, 6pm is later than any other cabana I've ever rented. The attendants have to clean and restock them before their shift ends so I've always been politely asked to close out and leave at the specified time.

Thanks for the reply :thumbsup2 6 pm is more than enough for us. We will be going out to dinner in the evening anyway. However when I was told this I was amazed and even had the cm repeat and explain what she meant just so I was sure. Even though she confirmed the 10 pm end time, I still was hesitate to think this was the case. I thought more that she didn't have her information completely straight. She was new as she did have to confirm with someone that half day cabana rental was not reservable. Either way is just fine with us.

Thanks again.

Thanks to all here for the heads up post. We are DVC members and I called Aulani today directly to book a pool cabana for a few of the days were are visiting. I asked if it was available for Wed. thru Sat. (6/20-23) and was suprised to hear that only Friday was sold out, since there is only 7 cabanas for rental. I booked one for Thursday and one for Saturday and requested to be situated by the main pool (no guarantees).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter