Cabana Question

dgabriele1

Earning My Ears
Is there a chance to get a cabana for Castaway Cay once I get on the ship? Family wanted one but I was unable to obtain at time of check-in because of my status.

Is there a chance to get a cabana for Castaway Cay once I get on the ship? Family wanted one but I was unable to obtain at time of check-in because of my status.

Possible but very unlikely my Fantasy cruises had five hundred on the waist and concierge get first call on them.

Best advice check online each day people do cancel

I think it depends on the time of year and ship. On our 2011 Oct cruise on the Dream, we were fortunate enough to win the DVC on board credit. On a whim, the day before we were to dock at Castaway, DH checked to see if any cabanas were still available. There happen to be 2 on Serenity Bay and so we got one. Can't remember if there were any available on the family beach or not but I think there was. I would definitely check once on board. Good Luck!

Five hundred on the wait list! :scared1: my goodness they are popular!

The list for Cabanas is run by the concierge hosts, ( non concierge guests do go to guest services), I was speaking to them in my two Fantasy cruises and that's the figure they quoted to me a few times, whether exact or not I do not know but those are the words they said to me.

Concierge will satisfy all Concierge guests first before allowing them to the wait list. They will take final orders on the concierge embarkation meet.

The list for Cabanas is run by the concierge hosts, ( non concierge guests do go to guest services), I was speaking to them in my two Fantasy cruises and that's the figure they quoted to me a few times, whether exact or not I do not know but those are the words they said to me.

Concierge will satisfy all Concierge guests first before allowing them to the wait list. They will take final orders on the concierge embarkation meet.

TOTALLY off topic but……..LOVE your avatar!

I am silver, NON concierge, and just got off the member cruise. I was able to get a cabana for each of the two castaway cay stops. The first stop we had cabana 23 on serenity bay (they renumbered them) the second day I had cabana 6 .i was able to get them by logging on sporadically after my date to book excursions. Both times people canceled and I grabbed them. I don't think the computer sends the information to concierge until mid nite so I must have gotten lucky and signed on the same day they cancelled. So there is hope for everyone.

I just have a hard time understanding why people like cabanas so much. We have never had trouble getting chairs with umbrellas. There is always a waiter around taking drink orders. The beaches seem pretty much the same. Is there special food? Free drinks? TVs? Private bathrooms? Free water toys? What is the attraction? I'm not Trying to be obtuse I really would like to understand why people are willing to pay what at least I consider a lot of money for one and seem to have so much anxiety if it doesn't come through. The cabanas at aulani also sell out quickly and for about 350 a day you get some shade, free water, a fruit plate, better furniture, towels ready for you and a dedicated waiter. Can't understand why people do that either. God knows I can spend a lot of money on a variety of things. But this one escapes me. Thanks for any insights.

I just have a hard time understanding why people like cabanas so much. We have never had trouble getting chairs with umbrellas. There is always a waiter around taking drink orders. The beaches seem pretty much the same. Is there special food? Free drinks? TVs? Private bathrooms? Free water toys? What is the attraction? I'm not Trying to be obtuse I really would like to understand why people are willing to pay what at least I consider a lot of money for one and seem to have so much anxiety if it doesn't come through. The cabanas at aulani also sell out quickly and for about 350 a day you get some shade, free water, a fruit plate, better furniture, towels ready for you and a dedicated waiter. Can't understand why people do that either. God knows I can spend a lot of money on a variety of things. But this one escapes me. Thanks for any insights.

Yes you have an outdoor shower, towels, a refrigerator stocked with sodas and water, private hut with sofa and chairs, hammock, sand toys off kids, sun screen, snacks, concierge host, water float mats, snorkel equipment for the day, bike rental included, fruit basket, and above all a private beach area. No need to hurry to your cabana because it's available for the day! I LOVE it!

I agree I think they are too pricey for at most 8 hours. Some people don't do any excursions they get a cabana and that's their treat. We do cl, no cabana and no excursions, and that our treat. To each their own. :goodvibes

we got off the tram at SB and walked up to see if there were any available and were able to snag one. This was on a 3 night. We were very very lucky!

I am silver, NON concierge, and just got off the member cruise. I was able to get a cabana for each of the two castaway cay stops. The first stop we had cabana 23 on serenity bay (they renumbered them) the second day I had cabana 6 .i was able to get them by logging on sporadically after my date to book excursions. Both times people canceled and I grabbed them. I don't think the computer sends the information to concierge until mid nite so I must have gotten lucky and signed on the same day they cancelled. So there is hope for everyone.

Have they started renting the new cabana's yet?
We sail the Fantasy in November and have #21 booked, so I guess its now number #25, no change on my account with the number yet.

Hope you had a wonderful cruise.

Sorry double post

As there are many previous threads on this topic where you can see all the inclusions, I'll just say it comes down to personal preference. You may be happy spending your money on drinks. Someone else may want to drop a lot on a wine-pairing dinner at Remy. Each of us value different parts of the cruise different ways.

For us, we are glad we have it bc we have an 85-year-old with us and this is probably her last cruise. She can't take being in the heat but w/ the cabana's ceiling fan, she's good and can enjoy possibly her last day ever in paradise and watching her granddaughter having fun rather than being "stuck" on the ship. For us, it's a day of serenity while at this much-quieter area of the family beach, having a hammock always available, and also being able to not worry if our items will disappear while we're at the water or even if we have to briefly return to the ship - our items are safe in the cabana and even the safe within if needed.

We love getting a cabana. We're taking my parents with us on Fantasy Sept 20, and since they're 76 and a very healthy 81, I'm sure they will appreciate the perks.

We lucked out a year ago and were able to just walk up and get one when we arrived at SB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter