Cabana Or Spa Massage

jjatwdw

DIS Veteran
We're sailing on the Magic in May and I'm trying to decide whether to have a massage in the ship's spa or on Castaway Cay. Any opinions?

On the ship. The open air cabanas are a thing of the past, and the enclosed ones aren't air conditioned. They can get pretty warm.

What do you mean the open air cabanas are a thing of the past? We've booked one for our trip in May and I was totally expecting it to be open air. If it's not, I will definitely cancel it. The picture shows it open, or at least semi-open. So are the pictures old???

TIA

We spluged and had the suite and it was SWEET!!!! Thumbs up for the Magic Spa, I can't give my opinion on CC massage didn't do it, sorry.

kstrib said:
What do you mean the open air cabanas are a thing of the past? We've booked one for our trip in May and I was totally expecting it to be open air. If it's not, I will definitely cancel it. The picture shows it open, or at least semi-open. So are the pictures old???

TIA

Yeah, me too! What's going on with this?

It depends on your definition of open air. They are (and always have been) in "huts," with big windows that can be propped open. The only true open air massages DCL ever offered was the short time they had an auxiliary location near the teen beach. Unfortunately, no one could find it so they did away with it. But I don't think the extra money is worth coughing the island time (of course, I was scarred by having a massage in a hut right in front of the area where a bunch of drunk accountants were sitting...I spent the hour listening to their loud ramblings about how they fleece their clients...not very restful).
Barb

The outside CC are kind of sticky if it is a hot, muggy day. Yuck!
DH and I did the new villas on the Magic in December and it was wonderful! Well worth every penny.

tomspixie

Wow...I'm so glad to read this thread. We are going on our 3rd Magic cruise on May 6th, and I have a couples cabana massage booked for DH and I. Hmmm...am certainly re-thinking it now. Can you tell me about the new villas? Haven't heard about these.

Another thought?
I week or so ago there was a post where a lady had a massage on CC and when she got up afterwards, she was of course not dressed and she said a man was standing on the adult beach right in front of her, so she totally flashed him. She thought the window was closed and it wasnt.
There were many reponses to her post, some of which had similar experiences on CC. Just something to think about if you do have a massage there, be cautious when you stand up to dress!!!!
After all this is Disney!
mom x4,grandma x4

DH & I sailed the WONDER in Feb '06 and selected the Cabana's Massage on CC and LOVED EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 THREE THUMBS UP!!!!

We are selecting it again on our cruise Feb 2007.

It was wonderfully relaxing. The therapists were extremely professional and taking plenty of time to give us the best experience as well.

As far as any one flashing anyone, when we were there in FEB we were in the FIRST cabana and the shrubbery/bushes/island greenery(whatever it is called) was very very high above the windows. No one saw me and I saw no one (same for DH)!!!! HHmmm, interesting.

Anyone trying to make a decision on the Massages at CC....you must give it some serious thought. Laying in the Cabana having a Massage and a tropical drink with your DH on Serenity Bay somewhere in the Bahamas = PRICELESS!!! :love:

I ended up booking in the spa. With DS6 safely in the Oceaneers Club, and DH, DS19 and DD15 entertaining themselves I will probably be more relaxed that on Castaway Cay. Thanks for the input. Does anyone have an opinion of which facial is better?

Did you end up doing just a regular massage in the spa? Or did you go for the villa treatment in the spa??? If you do do the villa, do it while at sea. We enjoyed it while in St. Thomas...but so wished that we were moving. We had to make sure the curtains were closed at certain times :)

As to facial, they do a nice job. The marine cream collagen is pretty good...but I would rather do the stones massage and then get my hair done in the salon! If you skip the facial and go for the hair...add the Frangipani Scalp Massage! WOW!!! Not to mention that the fact of someone else washing and blow drying your hair is truly decadent!

Whatever you do, relish every moment of it!
Have fun! :tink:
tomspixie

tomspixie said:
Did you end up doing just a regular massage in the spa? Or did you go for the villa treatment in the spa??? If you do do the villa, do it while at sea. We enjoyed it while in St. Thomas...but so wished that we were moving. We had to make sure the curtains were closed at certain times :)

As to facial, they do a nice job. The marine cream collagen is pretty good...but I would rather do the stones massage and then get my hair done in the salon! If you skip the facial and go for the hair...add the Frangipani Scalp Massage! WOW!!! Not to mention that the fact of someone else washing and blow drying your hair is truly decadent!

Whatever you do, relish every moment of it!
Have fun! :tink:
tomspixie

Wow so there are options? I thought the facial/massage was the only way to go but there is a hot stone option? And hair? Do you just keep adding options a la carte or do they have this spelled out somewhere?

Hi JC Butterfly!

There are so many options at the spa!!! I think if you go to the disneycruise.com website there is a link to book your treatments and it should tell you a little bit about them! My favorite two for massage are the Seaweed Body Wrap and also the Stones! Both will really take you away and leave you feeling calm and rested! :sunny: The wrap is a definite detox and you will really need to drink every bit of water they recommend! As with any massage you need to be drinking water, but that one really takes it out of you.

As to the hair care, I have a ton of of hair and so it is really a treat to have someone else do it! And oh the way they do it! You feel like you could go out and be in some kind of commercial! The Frangipani Scalp Massage was a definite bonus. Hadn't known about it till September...when we sailed again in December it was the first thing I booked!!!!

Enjoy! Let me know what you try!
Pixie Dust wishes...
:tink:
tomspixie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter