Cabana on Family Beach or Serenity Bay?

We would have loved sb 25, but we got 24 so we are still counting our blessing as we are only gold cc members and also missed the start of our selection window by a few days ! ps anyone had this cabana ? Can you share any details? was it still somewhat private? dh is recovering from accident at work(directing traffic and this guy failed to stop, hit dh) and want some major r and r for him.

We would have loved sb 25, but we got 24 so we are still counting our blessing as we are only gold cc members and also missed the start of our selection window by a few days ! ps anyone had this cabana ? Can you share any details? was it still somewhat private? dh is recovering from accident at work(directing traffic and this guy failed to stop, hit dh) and want some major r and r for him.
Sorry to hear about the accident. Nothing better than a cruise and cabana at SB for major R&R

Hi mom2mixmous! So sorry to hear about your hubby / my hubby is in the same position, was shot at work on duty (he's a Sheriff/ in Canada) he lost his finger (ring finger) on his right hand and badly damaged his pinky finger same hand -- it's been 2.5 yrs of intense rehab, surgeries and therapy! He's still not back to work yet.... This trip he needs to relax and just enjoy putting everything else on the back burner! I know he'd probably like the serenity and peace of SB, but I'm hoping the family cabana will be just as relaxing because I think it'll be better for me (reasons as described above in this thread!) so it's a compromise, lol -- cabana rental is for sure, location is a bit of a compromise ☺️ But regardless, I think it'll be a lovely day, just what our guys need!!

Hi mom2mixmous! So sorry to hear about your hubby / my hubby is in the same position, was shot at work on duty (he's a Sheriff/ in Canada) he lost his finger (ring finger) on his right hand and badly damaged his pinky finger same hand -- it's been 2.5 yrs of intense rehab, surgeries and therapy! He's still not back to work yet.... This trip he needs to relax and just enjoy putting everything else on the back burner! I know he'd probably like the serenity and peace of SB, but I'm hoping the family cabana will be just as relaxing because I think it'll be better for me (reasons as described above in this thread!) so it's a compromise, lol -- cabana rental is for sure, location is a bit of a compromise ☺️ But regardless, I think it'll be a lovely day, just what our guys need!!

oh wow! wishing major pixie dust for your dh chimo2u! And thanks to all for you kind words and helpful insight! DH is on the mend(much shorter road we hope than poor chimo2u's dh) . We are stretching the budget a bit to do the cabana but hope will be worth it! SB has always been our "happy place"! (just hope moving the teen beach nearby doesn't spoil it!)

oh wow! wishing major pixie dust for your dh chimo2u! And thanks to all for you kind words and helpful insight! DH is on the mend(much shorter road we hope than poor chimo2u's dh) . We are stretching the budget a bit to do the cabana but hope will be worth it! SB has always been our "happy place"! (just hope moving the teen beach nearby doesn't spoil it!)
Don't worry, a cabana anywhere is awesome!

Is there a difference in the cabanas on SB compared to the ones on the family beach (other than location and beach)?
We are going to be sailing Dec 2016.

Is there a difference in the cabanas on SB compared to the ones on the family beach (other than location and beach)?
We are going to be sailing Dec 2016.
Hi :) Actually there is a diffence besides price... I had the same question myself and decided to go with the pricier Cabana on the Family Beach. I realize it's more expensive by about $150 but a few things make that worth the price difference to me.
Serenity Bay is rockier/ and has no net to keep out unwanted sea life/ where as the family Beach swim area is surrounded by a net. that's important to me.
Secondly, the Family Cabanas have a private/ thus more uncrowded beach area and a sandier beach I've been told, whereas SB does not have the private beach for Cabana users and it is rockier.
I want a nice view of the ship, SB cabanas do not look out to the ship.
Those are just a few differences, but they are enough for me to pay to be on the Family Beach and it will be just DH and myself.

Well, they where able to book us Cabana #5 (my first choice #8 was already requested :( ) I wonder how that was as I put in my requests right at 12:00 am on my 125 day mark -- however I am 3 hours behind Florida so that could've been why. I'm hoping we still have a nice ship view in #5 and am happy they where able to Book me one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter